Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108455 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #855 on: March 31, 2016, 08:33:43 pm »

"The entire clan will meet together for a Moot tonight, and then we will meet the Red-Moons in two days in their land. If you have any questions, speak to Borg or Bjern. I have some business to attend to."

Gorm walks off, and the people go back to their business.

((Who has the daggers? Just Ritiki?))
((I realize now Gorm and Njord have the same colors... I'll fix this when we run into them again. The color suits Njord more))
"I believe you told me that it was two days after you arrived back? That would mean today. I need to be present. I remember you and Ulf said I had to prove that I wasn't the one who killed their chief's father, as will everyone else. I don't know what time was specified, but I assume they will arrive at night. It tends to be the time when most moots happen."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 05, 2016, 05:10:05 am »

Jehane nods at the words of Varg.

"Let's split people up, then. If Varg, Ritiki, Arioch and Martijn go to the moot, Kylie, Mauricio and Njord are here around the caves to provide magical backup to the guards, and I and Ewan can go out with the hunters, keep an eye on things and see if we can find some plants."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 05, 2016, 05:27:39 am »

((Wasn't it best that we didn't split up any more to make things simpler? I was wondering what time exactly the moot it is (now we know at night) so we avoid having to split up.))

"We have time until the moot itself. We can all go search for ingredients now and leave those you said behind to guard. If we're not done by the time to go to the moot comes over, we'll split.

The more people we have searching for it, the faster you and my brother can get better. Somebody has to intimidate those rats, and my brother's not the obvious choice, heh.

So let's do this. Search for the herbs and when time rolls over we do the moot negotiations. I recommend leaving everybody here except Varg, my brother, Ritiki, you and I for defense while we are gone for the moot."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 05, 2016, 06:17:45 am »

Jehane seems to have gone from sweating to burning up over the course of the meeting and nods.

"Sounds fine. Whether I'm feeling better or not, that last battle... unlocked something. If it comes down to a fight, I can make some of us very intimidating. I just need a silver greatsword and I'll be able to chop those bastard rats into pieces. As it is, I'll just have to try out my new trophy if they want to try anything stupid."

Her savage grin at the thought of the carnage a silver greatsword would cause is slightly disturbing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:29:35 am by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 05, 2016, 09:16:18 pm »

Martijn looks surprised at being included in a diplomatic mission, then shrugs.

Sure. I still don't feel great - a search for that herb would be appreciated. You don't look too well either,
he says looking at Jehane. We'll be better soon, I hope.

((Sorry for my silence so far. It's essay and exam season, I'm afraid.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:53 pm »

Martijn looks surprised at being included in a diplomatic mission, then shrugs.

Sure. I still don't feel great - a search for that herb would be appreciated. You don't look too well either,
he says looking at Jehane. We'll be better soon, I hope.

((Sorry for my silence so far. It's essay and exam season, I'm afraid.))
((I know what you mean. I have an essay due on sunday and exams are in two weeks))

((Wasn't it best that we didn't split up any more to make things simpler? I was wondering what time exactly the moot it is (now we know at night) so we avoid having to split up.))

"We have time until the moot itself. We can all go search for ingredients now and leave those you said behind to guard. If we're not done by the time to go to the moot comes over, we'll split.

The more people we have searching for it, the faster you and my brother can get better. Somebody has to intimidate those rats, and my brother's not the obvious choice, heh.

So let's do this. Search for the herbs and when time rolls over we do the moot negotiations. I recommend leaving everybody here except Varg, my brother, Ritiki, you and I for defense while we are gone for the moot."

Njord nods his head as if he understands but his face shows he has no idea who you're talking about.

"Sounds alright to me. I'll go where I'm needed. I don't know how defensible this place is, but I'm sure with the solid fighters who came with me, we could work something out to make it even more so. Perhaps a deadfall over there..."

He trails off, obviously distracted, some of his ideas hardly making sense.

"I have yet to see you fight Jehane, and I hope we won't need farther use for these weapons. But I do not think our enemy will allow it to be so."

"I don't think I need to be present for the moot. I trust you to go in my stead to speak on behalf of us all."

He nods to Arioch, though you can tell he has some reluctance in his eye.

So the party is set as Ritiki, Arioch/Vorlak, Martijn, Jehane, and Varg. Since the ropes are gone from the cliff face, the only way to get to an area where you could find these things is in the woods where the giant animals are. You head down the shores by boat, with the same crewmen as before.

Within the hour, you arrive on the shores. The woods are daunting, but the crew anchor the ship to prevent it from going anywhere. They tell you they will stay on the ship and be out a bit, saying they'll leave and double back if anything happens. One of them, a woodworker, hands you a very simple but very elegant looking horn, with him holding one himself.

"We'll blow our horn to alert you if anything comes to warn you. I hope you will do the same for us. We will leave as soon as the horn is sounded twice for a second each and return after an hour. If you are in a hurry and need to escape, blow the horn for one second and then three. We'll get close to shore and prepare to get you to safety."

They go back out as you make landfall.

Going into the woods, even though the morning sun is bright, it is still very dense wood here.

(Ritiki) (9+5) (Jehane) (8+5) (Martijn) (16+6) (Arioch) (9+1) (Vorlak) (2+14) ((Good god, Vorlak has high perception... Shame he tanked his roll...))

Everyone finds the green plan with heart shaped leaves, but has a hard time looking for one with four leaves. Martijn finds six of those four leaved ones and Vorlak finds one in the hour that you spend looking. The creepy charlires are spotted by Vorlak and Martijn. Their roots of both plants are very deep, however. (16+2) (Survival) (18+4) The two of them manage to dig it out carefully enough to get enough by the root. You don't seem to find any dandelions, however. Martijn, does however, spot some lavender and easily takes some. However, you notice with how bulky the plant is, it might be harder to uproot it and bring it with you. You take as many as you can though and try to spare the roots (9+2) and fail to do so. You DO find the last plant on the list, but Martijn doesn't have a spare pair of gloves ((I don't think he has any gloves for that matter, actually)).

Varg says they might have some dandelions near his village.

((Same order as above)) (5+5) (4+5) (12+6) (16+1) (19+14)

Vorlak's ears go back like a cat would when ready to fight and shouts out.

"Steel yourselves! Something big is coming this way!"

The brothers hear something moving around, but Vorlak's keen hearing alerts Arioch that it heard a quiet hissing noise.

As you turn around and look towards where Vorlak is facing, you see a large snake appear and hisses at you as it rears its head up to strike!

Martijn begins the initiative order!

You get a quick glimpse of Varg who looks in horror and then... Confusion?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:37 am »

((We kept the loot bags from the wererats, right? For the last plant, stick your hand in one of the loot bags, then put another loot bag over your hand + bag. Use them as an improvised glove to pull the plant out and pull the one holding the plant inside out to contain it, then throw away the 'glove' bag or turn it inside out to have that plant double-bagged.

Yes, I know how to pick up noxious things, I walk dogs. :P))

Perception / Knowledge: Nature check to determine if the snake (should be) poisonous or a constrictor from its markings
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:22:47 am by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 06, 2016, 09:38:53 am »

Martijn jumps in shock, then frowns. A giant snake? He had expected a rat, or even more of the badgers from earlier. With a feeling of inexplicable dread, he draws one of his daggers and throws, praying for luck.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 06, 2016, 11:31:57 pm »

Martijn jumps in shock, then frowns. A giant snake? He had expected a rat, or even more of the badgers from earlier. With a feeling of inexplicable dread, he draws one of his daggers and throws, praying for luck.
(16+4-6) Your dagger skids off of him, but it doesn't quite pierce its hide. You certainly gained his attention, but he sees an easy prey on his way to you.

The snake slithers up to Ritiki and tries to bite him. (14+1) (Jehane) You can tell its a constrictor, but considering its NOT actually a giant creature worries you, being a full sized Anaconda. Its teeth sink into him, dealing (8) damage. He CRITS as it coils around you and grabs hold.

Ritiki begins his turn. You're grabbed by the giant snake

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 09, 2016, 03:51:47 pm »

((Rise, Rise Sirius, and make an escape artist check to wiggle free!))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 09, 2016, 04:17:46 pm »

((Rise, Rise Sirius, and make an escape artist check to wiggle free!))
((I don't think he wants to end up like the kid in Dark Cloiud))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 21, 2016, 01:08:26 am »

((...So, what's the deal? Is everyone just taking a break, or has interest waned?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 21, 2016, 01:26:47 am »

((We're waiting for Sirus of course. At least I am. I just don't want to pressure him in it.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 21, 2016, 03:18:52 am »

((I haven't lost interest. This lull comes at the same time as the busiest time of the year for me, though. That wouldn't stop me from engaging though.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 21, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »

((Exam weeks + Sirus. I'll send him a message when I can. I can't have him be auto-piloted like USEC is in this situation, so... If he doesn't respond, we will probably have to say goodbye to Ritiki...))

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86