Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108490 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #810 on: March 15, 2016, 01:27:52 am »

((If Arioch was there he'd be groaning right about now. Just what we needed. Another diplomatic scandal.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 15, 2016, 01:35:18 am »

((Oh for gods sakes, we're going to have to kill them eventually, aren't we? People who wear other people's skins as armor don't scream 'trustworthy' to me.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:00 am »

"Hail travelers, and stay where you are if you please. The wererats you spoke of attacked us last night by surprise, after we attempted to form a truce. We killed all of the attackers but some of our number are ill and are being treated.

Where have you come from, might I ask? None of the tribes we've spoken to here have mentioned folks like you."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:28 am »

Jehane quietly orders one of the other guards to assemble the militia and get Ewan, Aurioch, Kylie, Martijn and Mauricio up to the entrance as fast as possible.

Quietly, she speaks to Ritiki
"From what he's saying and the accent, I think they were seperated from the refugee fleet, the same as we were. They look like fighters, whether they always were or these were the ones who could take care of themselves, we'll have to find out."

Perception for anything out of place, or if she recognizes any of them.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 15, 2016, 11:54:47 am »

Jehane quietly orders one of the other guards to assemble the militia and get Ewan, Aurioch, Kylie, Martijn and Mauricio up to the entrance as fast as possible.

Quietly, she speaks to Ritiki
"From what he's saying and the accent, I think they were seperated from the refugee fleet, the same as we were. They look like fighters, whether they always were or these were the ones who could take care of themselves, we'll have to find out."

Perception for anything out of place, or if she recognizes any of them.
(11+5) (History) (CRIT) You see their shields and their almost perfected stance as if they were prepared for anything. This reminds you of how people described the nation that was Iscaaria's greatest foe: Atherta and Aryam. Two warrior nations who are fierce fighters, the major difference between the two being that both nations completely alienate one gender to the other nation; Males are sent to Atherta and females to Aryam, where they are sent to undergo training as fighters at the age of six. They are close allies of one another, and some even believe them to be the same nation. They are believed by many to be the last bastion against the Iscaarian Crusades, and if they fall, the rest of the world will go with them.

Otherwise, they look rather weary, several look as if they haven't slept well in weeks.

One of the other guards go to awaken the others and bring them there.

"Hail travelers, and stay where you are if you please. The wererats you spoke of attacked us last night by surprise, after we attempted to form a truce. We killed all of the attackers but some of our number are ill and are being treated.

Where have you come from, might I ask? None of the tribes we've spoken to here have mentioned folks like you."

"I am sorry we could not have been here sooner to warn you; it may be the skirmishes we have had to deal with that they thought your group was ours. I am sorry to say that, in terms of healers, we lost everyone who could aid you with that problem... We have some goods taken from both ships we came from, but I don't think any of it could be of use to your sick. Tools, weapons, armor, and a few other baubles. I'm lucky that I still got my blades; I almost lost them during our trip here when we got separated.

In terms of where we were before, these fellows behind me hail from Atherta and Aryam; the warrior nation. Fighting and war is in their blood, but they are perhaps the most well mannered of them. Do not be intimidated by them; you would have the same demeanor as them if you were constantly attacked by giant monsters, lizardfolk and wererats for the past week. We've tried reasoning with them when we were still a group of forty with two ships, but they just kept coming until they slaughtered everyone but who you see here. We weren't as lucky as finding a well hidden shelter as you folks have found here. That is why we have been constantly moving from place to place. We've been following the coastline and journeyed up rivers, but we never came this far up the beaches, as we stopped at the marshes after some stirges gave us some problems.

I'm fairly certain if I didn't have these ladies and gentlemen behind me, I wouldn't be alive; my magic can only do so much. I'm sure the tribes you have spoken to may not have heard of us because we moved often. We've only come into contact with the wererats, and we were lucky."

The both of you hear something as if whispered in your ear as he waves his arms, points at you two and whispers, his hands emitting a minor glow. Those on the ship don't notice him doing so as they're too busy being on the lookout for... Something?

Spoiler: Jehane and Ritiki (click to show/hide)

You feel a magical presence as you notice you can whisper back to him one message. He looks mortified as he whispers this
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2016, 02:02:34 am »

Jehane shares a glance with Ritiki, then whispers back while the sending is active "I understand the practical point, but they're going to have to get rid of the armor. We're negotiating soon with other tribes, and wearing people is not going to do us any favors. The last thing we want is to turn the werewolves and werebears against us as well."

((Just to warn, my internet access is going to be very limited for the coming five days at least. I'll try to stay active, but the talking bits will probably go to other people.))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:05:09 am by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 16, 2016, 01:41:48 pm »

Jehane shares a glance with Ritiki, then whispers back while the sending is active "I understand the practical point, but they're going to have to get rid of the armor. We're negotiating soon with other tribes, and wearing people is not going to do us any favors. The last thing we want is to turn the werewolves and werebears against us as well."

((Just to warn, my internet access is going to be very limited for the coming five days at least. I'll try to stay active, but the talking bits will probably go to other people.))
He nods in agreement, and casts again. ((For future reference, it only sends one sentence. That's why his whisper was a run on sentence))

Spoiler: Jehane (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:29 pm »

"Well, come this way and we'll try to talk some sense into them."

Relay what was said to Ritiki, and prepare to Aid Another with any checks he tries

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 16, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »

"Well, come this way and we'll try to talk some sense into them."

Relay what was said to Ritiki, and prepare to Aid Another with any checks he tries
He nods as he gives a slightly hopeful smile, and then walks closer to you.

"Best of luck to you then.

Feel free to come down and introduce yourselves, ladies and gentlemen!"

He calls out to them and they start moving the ship on land.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 16, 2016, 09:28:54 pm »

Ritiki thinks for a moment before whispering to Jehane in Draconic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 17, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »

Jehane does a doubletake and looks at the ratman in surprise before shaking her head.

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 19, 2016, 10:38:22 pm »

((So... Are you guys gonna just let them walk around the cave wearing the armor, or are you gonna wait for the others? Because this is all on you two right now))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 19, 2016, 11:30:24 pm »

((Dang, sorry.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 20, 2016, 01:20:38 am »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 20, 2016, 01:42:27 am »

He switches to Common in order to ask one of the other guards to gather the remaining leaders, then speaks to the newcomer that appears to be in charge:

"You may wait here, in the cave entrance. We're getting some of the others to come and speak so that we can all make an agreement. Your people will be safer here than out in the open."

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86