Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108504 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #795 on: March 14, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

((Ah, OK. Given you were saying you gained 4 HP 2nd level, I was taking that to be your adjustment with level bonus (+HP or +skill) and con bonus included.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 14, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

Ritiki scans the list of herbs with his improved Nature knowledge. Does he recognize any of these plants? Maybe knows where some of them grow?
(3+8) (7+8) (9+8) (CRIT) (CRIT) (2+8) (6+8)

You were able to discern the second, third, fourth and fifth items on the list. It is (in order) creepy charlie (a type of weed that looks like flowers), dandelions (another weed), lavender (a very pleasant smelling plant that makes some more expensive incenses), and devil's grass (a type of grass that is known to give the effects of intoxication but is much deadlier at a more rapid pace. Can be used like tobbacco, but after a while, most addicts turn to just ingesting it, which causes an effect on the user that looks similar to burns on their mouth and hands). Looking at this list, only a herbalist or an apothecary would be able to make something out of these plants and have it not make you sick in the process.

Once the bodies and Arioch were hidden from everybody's sight, his eyes turn feral watching the corpses.

"Keep watch if anybody is approaching, Vorlak."

With a glimmer of a smile accompanying his eyes he pulls out a dagger and stabs the throat of the leader twice.

"Thought I was easy pray, did you now? Now look at you."

Arioch continuously stabs the neck aggressively until the sight of bone shows. The spine at last. A slight giggle escapes his throat while he starts working on cutting the spine.
After done with his handiwork and pockets the head in one of the bags, Arioch turns to the other body and does the same procedure, but with calmness returning to his face.
Before putting away the suicided one's head, Arioch looks at it and the headless bodies next to him. A disgusting face forms on him at the sight of the revolting scene.

"I don't need you to talk to be useful. I'm sure those filthy rats will be surprised and recognize you insects."

After stashing the heads in the bags, Arioch returns to base and informs Varg of where the bodies are, making sure he can see the implication of the bags.
The summoner checks in with the herbalist regarding the cure and comes over to check it out from Jehane. Once that's done Vorlak is ordered to keep watch for the herbs in the nearby surroundings for them whenever possible, not going too far away from his master.

You do your gruesome work. Vorlak watches with a solemn look. Varg goes to the bodies after a while and returns with them, dropping them before you and staring you down.

"Why was taking their heads necessary?"

He doesn't look happy.

((...So. That was a thing. Arioch isn't nearly as stable as he seems, is he? Probably best that Jehane didn't see that, otherwise she'd avoid being asleep around him.))

Jehane shares the list with Ritiki, Arioch and anyone else who wants to see it. She also tracks down the hunters and has them read the list. That done, she also gets the name of the herbalist, as 'Hey, flower guy' isn't the most polite way to greet him each time.

"Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for this. Depending on if he can shake it off, I think Varg there also will need treatment, but if we can get enough with roots, growing our own healing herbs sounds like a great idea."

The smell of blood and charred flesh tickles her nose as Arioch walks by, and she eyes the bags hanging from his belt, noting the darkness at the bottom of one. "I hope those two were related to someone important in their tribe - I want to see their faces when we give them back their friends."
"Loki Hasse, at your service. The two ladies here are Nina and Cathleen. Bring the plants to any of us if you get any."

He takes off two large pouches from his belt and hands them to you.

"Put them in here. That last one I listed, you're going to want an extra pair of gloves. I'm not a tailor or a leatherworker, so you're going to have to find someone who can make you some before you harvest those ones. Mostly because you're going to want to get rid of them after you're done grabbing them. They stick to your clothing as well as your skin with their oils. You won't stop scratching at the area for a few days, even after bathing three times a day."

When Varg arrives with the bodies, you can tell he's pissed. Looking at them, their heads are all missing.

((The longsword has the same stats as a longsword with some changes; such as that it can't be enchanted or upgraded to masterwork without forging it, it only crits on 20's, it also has my own form of the "fragile" attribute to it. It doesn't apply that to the daggers, but the shortswords and the longsword will break after a while))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:54:57 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 14, 2016, 11:54:10 am »

((How many points did you guys put into Linguistics to learn "a few" languages?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 14, 2016, 11:55:28 am »

((How many points did you guys put into Linguistics to learn "a few" languages?))
((You get a new language every time you put a point into it))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 14, 2016, 12:01:27 pm »

((When I read "a few" my mind shortcuts to "three or more". Since we can only have a maximum of two points in each skill right now and thus could have learned a maximum of two languages...))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:02 pm »

((When I read "a few" my mind shortcuts to "three or more". Since we can only have a maximum of two points in each skill right now and thus could have learned a maximum of two languages...))
((I did the same. But that's the only way, unless by some sorcery, you increased your int somehow...))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »

Arioch simply answers Varg with a neutral face.

"There is a lack of hostages as you must have noticed. They also said something that I mentioned to the ratmen on the field meaning there is no doubt that it's from their tribe. These heads present a manoeuvre, or to put it, tactic in negotiations. If they reject knowing the people who attacked us, we will know with certainty that they are lying.

It is also possible that they gave the order or let it happen on purpose with the aim of our destruction. Their heads will serve to show them how much they failed."

A soft smile shows up on his face.

"Taking their heads wasn't necessary per se, however I doubt anybody fancies carrying two decomposing corpses until the meeting. It's simpler this way. It has a bigger impact too."

((Arioch already knew quite a few languages beforehand so I too shortcutted to "a few". I assure you I did not put more than two skill points in my chosen skills.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:29:56 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 14, 2016, 12:25:40 pm »

Arioch simply answers Varg with a neutral face.

"There is a lack of hostages as you must have noticed. They also said something that I mentioned to the ratmen on the field meaning there is no doubt that it's from their tribe. These heads present a manoeuvre, or to put it, tactic in negotiations. If they reject knowing the people who attacked us, we will know with certainty that they are lying.

It is also possible that they gave the order or let it happen on purpose with the aim of our destruction. Their heads will serve to show them how much they failed."

A soft smile shows up on his face.

"Taking their heads wasn't necessary per se, however I doubt anybody fancies carrying two composing corpses until the meeting. It's simpler this way. It has a bigger impact too."

((Arioch already knew quite a few languages beforehand so I too shortcutted to "a few". I assure you I did not put more than two skill points in my chosen skills.))
Varg frowns but nods his head.

"I understand."

He takes the bodies and starts to move them out of the cave and into the night. He doesn't come back for almost an hour. He reeks of dead corpse now.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 14, 2016, 02:00:57 pm »

((The fun of English and its inaccuracies. :P In this case, few is also two languages instamagically learned over the course if a few days. :) ))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 14, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »

((The real question is - how many are a few days?  ;D

Currently levelling up Martijn.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 14, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »

((Anyone else have anything they want to do? I'll skip to morning when everyone confirms))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 14, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »

((Ritiki will tell his family to keep away from Arioch but that's about it. We can fast-forward I think.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 15, 2016, 12:07:57 am »

((I'm done, really.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 15, 2016, 12:56:03 am »

((I'm done as well))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 15, 2016, 01:24:21 am »

Night passes and the watch triples to 6 people on at once.

When morning hits, it is Ritiki and Jehane who are on watch. Sunrise is met with the sound of creaking wood and the sound of someone landing on sand.

Looking out the cave, you see a man in a worn brown cloak with more elegant clothing underneath. He carries several pouches on him and has two blades strapped to his arms in sheathes with a strange handle and two more on his waist. He has boots with iron toe caps on them, and gloves missing the index and middle fingers, with a hood draping over his head.

Behind him is a longship with ten people on board, all of which are armed with rough staves with the raw silver daggers attached to them, all clad in some sort of rough hide (most of which seems to come from wererats, one actually having a hood that was once the head of one). The longship has several rows of crude, almost human-shaped rectangular shields and extra spears that make the ship look more like a moving palisade than a ship. Over half of the crew are women, but all of them look hardened from war, as they all show scars.

He moves closer towards the cave and sees you as the sun shines right into the cave and he bows, lowering his hood. He has a slight Sarikan accent ((aka German accent))

"Well met, ratfolk and Sir Knight. I assume by the longships you have beached that you were also separated from the others.

We saw the smoke last night as we kept watch at our camp. We gathered everyone and came as soon as we deemed it safe. I hope you haven't had to endure the same hardships we had to face, as I do not wish it upon anyone.

I am Njord Spellmeyer, formerly of Sarikaz and leader of this group. We've been fighting wererats for several days, making sure we always moved camp. It just so happened that we were nearby when we saw the smoke. Might I ask what transpired here last night?"

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86