Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108502 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #780 on: March 12, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 12, 2016, 10:07:32 pm »

Arioch simply keeps a huge smile on his face and with half-closed eyelids is waving nicely at Ritiki. He gets to hauling the corpses with renewed vigor. Hoping Vorlak gets here before another Rat joins its kin.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 13, 2016, 03:58:36 am »

Jehane shakes her head at them both, then goes to find the healer to see if there's something to be done about her fever before the wererats try again for the survivors. She also hands the silver ore short sword to Ewan to pass out to someone who can use it- she's not planning on giving back the longsword to the wererats any way but point first.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 14, 2016, 12:40:31 am »

Arioch's contemplation ended. And with it so did his patience dry up. He couldn't stand it anymore. First it was Jehane rubbing elbows with him, then it was the ratmen and Ritiki. Finally after doing some good for the first time since he landed on this damned rock, Ewan decided to get angry at him for the sole reason of identifying his homeland. And now this stupidness.

He couldn't stand it. A load of temper was peaking bursting points. He escaped his old home so he could get away from things like this. Last time Arioch lost his temper good men died.
The hand on his face was now at the side and his eyes opened slowly with fury seething in them. A measured and obviously controlled voice came out.

"Vorlak. Would you go fetch two small bags for me? I think I need to unwind for a bit. Thanks, bud."

Vorlak knew what this meant and hurried to comply, for the alternative was far less pleasant. At least for him when nobody was near.
Arioch approached the suicider and leader's bodies and started hauling them somewhere hidden from sight.

"I'll be back in a minute, buddies. The dead can help too."

Those who could hear him could also see a jolly smile in attendance to his friendly behavior.
Vorlak does as he's told. Though his bestial face shows no real signs of emotion, he seems... Saddened.

Jehane shakes her head at them both, then goes to find the healer to see if there's something to be done about her fever before the wererats try again for the survivors. She also hands the silver ore short sword to Ewan to pass out to someone who can use it- she's not planning on giving back the longsword to the wererats any way but point first.
Ewan takes the short sword and lets you know he can use it himself. After all, the only two people who required a silvered weapon was you and him after all. The herbalist already understands.

"Aye, if it's filth fever, you're going to have to be careful for the next few days. It will wear off if you're hearty enough, but I could work with those two maidens there and we could work on a potion of cure disease. It will take a lot of time and resources... None of which I think we have access to near a beach. I know you and the others tend to be outside of the cave often, so I am going to ask for you to keep an eye out for some plants that will help speed things along. Get as many of them as you can. And try to get them right from the root; if we can get lucky, perhaps we can just grow them again instead of hunting for them in the wild. The ones that you will need are listed as the top four on the list, but I would appreciate the rest."

He hands you the list written on parchment used for scrolls. They're most plants described in specific detail, but no real names are given.

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)

Varg picks up one of the corpses.

"I'll deal with the bodies once the sand doesn't burn my feet. If we leave them out too long, their scent will be found by the White-Fangs of the Night-Stalkers; both of which I don't want to cross paths with after that battle. They have to be disposed of at a good distance away. Since you are closer to the waters, I'm going to throw them in the woods and hope the Night-Stalkers pick up on that scent."

He brings the body closer to the entrance and waits by it, keeping watch and sniffing the air every now and then.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:39 am »

Ritiki scans the list of herbs with his improved Nature knowledge. Does he recognize any of these plants? Maybe knows where some of them grow?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 14, 2016, 01:41:47 am »

Once the bodies and Arioch were hidden from everybody's sight, his eyes turn feral watching the corpses.

"Keep watch if anybody is approaching, Vorlak."

With a glimmer of a smile accompanying his eyes he pulls out a dagger and stabs the throat of the leader twice.

"Thought I was easy pray, did you now? Now look at you."

Arioch continuously stabs the neck aggressively until the sight of bone shows. The spine at last. A slight giggle escapes his throat while he starts working on cutting the spine.
After done with his handiwork and pockets the head in one of the bags, Arioch turns to the other body and does the same procedure, but with calmness returning to his face.
Before putting away the suicided one's head, Arioch looks at it and the headless bodies next to him. A disgusting face forms on him at the sight of the revolting scene.

"I don't need you to talk to be useful. I'm sure those filthy rats will be surprised and recognize you insects."

After stashing the heads in the bags, Arioch returns to base and informs Varg of where the bodies are, making sure he can see the implication of the bags.
The summoner checks in with the herbalist regarding the cure and comes over to check it out from Jehane. Once that's done Vorlak is ordered to keep watch for the herbs in the nearby surroundings for them whenever possible, not going too far away from his master.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 14, 2016, 02:25:08 am »

((...So. That was a thing. Arioch isn't nearly as stable as he seems, is he? Probably best that Jehane didn't see that, otherwise she'd avoid being asleep around him.))

Jehane shares the list with Ritiki, Arioch and anyone else who wants to see it. She also tracks down the hunters and has them read the list. That done, she also gets the name of the herbalist, as 'Hey, flower guy' isn't the most polite way to greet him each time.

"Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for this. Depending on if he can shake it off, I think Varg there also will need treatment, but if we can get enough with roots, growing our own healing herbs sounds like a great idea."

The smell of blood and charred flesh tickles her nose as Arioch walks by, and she eyes the bags hanging from his belt, noting the darkness at the bottom of one. "I hope those two were related to someone important in their tribe - I want to see their faces when we give them back their friends."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 14, 2016, 02:58:28 am »

"Martijn mentioned that the leader said something about spreading disease to our "vast" army. There's only one tribe whom would think so. They have no way of claiming they don't know who these guys were. Nobody from us died this time, but I hardly think they'd wish it to stay like so."

((He's actually pretty stable if you ask me. The only surprising thing being that his episodes are violent. You can't be a diplomat and lash out every time somebody or something pisses you off.
In fact, he wouldn't before he had to escape.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 14, 2016, 03:06:03 am »

((Yeah, no. Mutilating bodies and keeping severed heads are not signs of a stable mind. Can't we have a single party without edgelord psychopaths?
Glad I was already planning to have Ritiki tell his family to stay away from the guy.))

"Having a member of their tribe publicly confess to the attack might have worked out better in the long run, but we'd need someone living for that. Now all we can do is hope that their weapons or equipment are recognizable."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 14, 2016, 04:03:00 am »

((I don't think he's planning to keep them. And in a medieval setting, cutting off heads and returning them is pretty normal. See that one survivor that they found and killed.

Enjoying doing so excessively, of course, isn't normal. Hopefully he gets better with time.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 14, 2016, 04:15:25 am »

Arioch keeps silent at Ritiki's comment, having no desire to show off his plan without reason.

((The heads fulfill two purposes. Letting out steam so he doesn't explode and abuse Vorlak and keeping the heads so he can show them off to the wererats in aid to negotiations or what's left of them.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 14, 2016, 05:51:21 am »

((Level up!
Ritiki gains 6 HP, 9 skill ranks, the Mend spell, and the Charm Person spell. Also some other stuff.))

((Felt like sharing as well: Jehane gains 7 HP (normally, Con is in the gutter right now), 6 skill ranks, Light spell, Enlarge Person spell, +1 BAB (yay, I can move and draw a weapon at the same time!), and now speaks more languages.

Oh hey, Highmax, for the character sheet, what are the stats for the silver ore longsword?))

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:57:52 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 14, 2016, 06:40:31 am »

((Well now I just have to join in, don't I? 4 HP for Arioch and 8 for Vorlak (both at 20). 7 skills points for Arioch and 4 for Vorlak. Vorlak's now very skilled in Perception as well. Got myself Mage Hand, Unseen Servant and a few languages))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 14, 2016, 07:02:46 am »

((How the heck did you manage 16 HP at level 1 for a caster?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 14, 2016, 07:32:05 am »

((Strength and Wisdom are my dump stats. My constitution is 18. That gives me 4*level HP. My HD is 8. 1st level is maxed. That makes 12 HP 1st level. 2nd level roll is +4 and the con makes 8 after multiplication. 20 in total.

Now you might ask yourself why I have such a ridiculous con. The answer is because I'm a summoner. When my Eidolon goes below critical levels I can give him my own HP to sustain him. This means that Vorlak effectively has 30+ HP available. It's also important for the summoner not to get knocked out during a fight since that'll banish his Eidolon.

Charisma and Constitution are my most valuable stats. After that it's Dexterity.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86