Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108453 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 1: Diplomacy and Survival
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2016, 11:07:11 pm »

((I'd appreciate any help you can give me with this big fella. I'm thinking I need it.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2016, 11:10:48 pm »

((Oh right))

"Specifically, we hope to discuss the possibility of peace between all our clans."

Aid in Arioch's rolls! Helpful trait gives +3 bonuses if successful.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2016, 12:04:54 am »

"We are the messengers of a new clan visiting these lands. We enter these lands in search for the Earth-Shakers in order to give vital information for the future of these lands and if possible, discuss them."

"Where do you hail from, stranger? And if you seek the Earth-Shakers, you have found one.

I am Bjern, Son of Borg of the Earth-Shaker Clan."

He snorts again, though he doesn't seem to have a runny nose of any kind.

((Hey, no worries highmax. Hope things start working out better for you!))

((This is before meeting the Earth-Shaker))
Detect Magic on the daggers. Attempt any relevant Knowledge checks as well.
The daggers are mundane. (16+4) (History) You remember stories about silver hurting lycanthropes. Considering you don't know what unrefined silver looks like, you guess this is exactly what he handed you.

((Oh right))

"Specifically, we hope to discuss the possibility of peace between all our clans."

Aid in Arioch's rolls! Helpful trait gives +3 bonuses if successful.
You maintain a constant aid when needed.

At your comment he seems to turn a little sour and he snorts again before spitting. The spit is brownish black, and looks muddy almost.

(CRIT+(19+2)+3)

"I understand the scent now. You wish to make peace with our clan and the Red-Moons.

I will tell you now, our current chief doesn't like the Red-Moons, and none of us understand why. He succeeded my father who grew too old and sick to lead. I will take you to him, but I cannot promise you that he will listen to reason... You do not seem to be hostile, so I will take you there. Do mind your manners though, as the new chief doesn't want us to welcome you as we would have before."

He looks sad saying this. He picks up the huge log and starts dragging it. You notice the end thats dragging on the ground is lifting it slightly as the earth seems to be pushing it along with him.

You make it to the village, which seems to be full of log cabins that, though quite shoddy, seem very sturdy. There is a big cabin that has the head of a giant bear on it with what appears to be deer antlers on it with eagle feathers dangling off of it. Bjern drops the log at a stockpile close to the village, and it shows well that there aren't a lot of trees in the area. The people here are quite tall, but none of them are as tall as Bjern, though several look stronger than him. They look at you strangely, and one comes out of the big cabin who is only a couple inches shorter than Bjern. He has an axe on his back that looks cleaner and sturdier than Varg's axe and slightly larger. He looks up and sees you and his bearded face shows a heavy scowl.

"Bjern! You brought outsiders into our territory! Explain yourself!"

"They are diplomats from a clan we have never met before. They wish to make peace with us and the Red-Moon clan."

"Bah! You weak minded cub! I'll deal with you afterwards...

Now, what do you have to say for yourselves?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2016, 12:11:15 am »

Keep up dem assists!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:30 am »

((Hurrah, we made it to the first chapter!

Good luck with negotiating with the... wereboars? That's my guess from the flat faces and snuffling/snorting.))

James stretches his arms and shoulders after the climb and takes a moment to admire the view from the cliff, and the ocean stretching off into the distance. "I still can't believe that we managed to sail across that vast expanse and make it with our skins intact." he comments to the others. Focused as he is on the horizon in the wrong direction, he misses seeing the boat.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:03:35 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2016, 03:49:48 am »

"We come from the other side of the ocean. And yes, while that does mean what you think it does, it doesn't mean exactly that. My clan and I are sort of exiles, as I hear your people were once upon a time. As such we hold no allegiance. However soon, and very soon at that will come those who do hold one and they are exactly as you might think they are. They number thousands upon thousands and their technology is significant, as is their magic. While you do seem to be very proficient at warfare, ultimately I see this as a battle of attrition.

And with that come we. Except for giving your clan this warning we would also wish to see if there is any possibility between reconciling the rival clans in order to be able to withstand the foreigners who will soon come to these shores and stop nothing at genocide.

From what I understand even the Red-Moon clan does not know why you keep attacking it. Is there no possibility for peace in lieu of the new threat?"

((Maybe I talked a bit too much? I guess we'll find that out if I get my face clobbered.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2016, 10:28:34 am »

"We come from the other side of the ocean. And yes, while that does mean what you think it does, it doesn't mean exactly that. My clan and I are sort of exiles, as I hear your people were once upon a time. As such we hold no allegiance. However soon, and very soon at that will come those who do hold one and they are exactly as you might think they are. They number thousands upon thousands and their technology is significant, as is their magic. While you do seem to be very proficient at warfare, ultimately I see this as a battle of attrition.

And with that come we. Except for giving your clan this warning we would also wish to see if there is any possibility between reconciling the rival clans in order to be able to withstand the foreigners who will soon come to these shores and stop nothing at genocide.

From what I understand even the Red-Moon clan does not know why you keep attacking it. Is there no possibility for peace in lieu of the new threat?"

((Maybe I talked a bit too much? I guess we'll find that out if I get my face clobbered.))
(10+12 (17+4=)+3)

The people murmur among themselves as they hear you say you came across the ocean. They grow even more scared at the mention of genocide. He looks dumbfounded and then gets upset

"Across the ocean? No one has ever done so! You lie to me in front of my face and expect peace amongst the clans? You insult my intelligence! Bego-"

As he does so, an older man who is hunched over but still stands taller than most of your party, speaks out and hobbles towards the party. You notice from the scars and marks he has all over him, his body must be now taking a toll on him after many years of fighting. One of the wounds on his legs seems to be flaring red with his leg seeming to look almost deformed as if it never healed properly.

"Hold now, Chief Gorm! Have you forgotten your history? Our ancestors came here a long time ago from across the ocean. They must have come from the old lands."

"The old lands? I seem to remember now...

If that is the case, why should we let them live?  They're the reason we are trapped here and fighting!"

"Hold your tongue! You may be Chief, but remember that I gave you that right because my brother wished it so!

We will listen to their tale. And then we will talk about the Red-Moons and their own clan.

Who is this that comes to destroy us?"

Gorm stands impatiently and Bjern continues to look like a scolded child.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2016, 10:34:54 am »

Martijn idly eyes Chief Gorm during his reception and fingers his dagger.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2016, 11:06:22 am »

"From the old lands many nations exist. Nations filled with millions of people of all kinds. Many of these nations will soon send if not already have sent ships with people on them seeking to claim these lands for their respective nations. I am quite sure that the Red-Moon, your people and likely other clans will resist these invaders, for that is what they come as. However I doubt many of them know your abilities so many will likely perish... before they bring in the same things your ancestors ran from, in increased numbers, advanced technology and with magic to smite you. They seek these lands for themselves, not any specific goal for themselves. The nations are competing against each other just like you would in a race. It is doubtful much would impede their desire to come out on top.

Now it is where my clan comes in. As I mentioned, many of us are exiles just like what your ancestors were or just people holding no allegiance to no nation. It is probable more like us will come, however we do not seek conquest but survival.

We met a few inhabitants of these lands and I have immediately come to the conclusion that it would be wise to inform the clans of what is coming. Ultimately I hope to be able to bring the clans together, as that would ensure their survival, but I will not say anything if you refuse to do so. Survival of the fittest is often not survival of the toughest, but of the ones more adaptable to change."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2016, 12:15:36 pm »

"From the old lands many nations exist. Nations filled with millions of people of all kinds. Many of these nations will soon send if not already have sent ships with people on them seeking to claim these lands for their respective nations. I am quite sure that the Red-Moon, your people and likely other clans will resist these invaders, for that is what they come as. However I doubt many of them know your abilities so many will likely perish... before they bring in the same things your ancestors ran from, in increased numbers, advanced technology and with magic to smite you. They seek these lands for themselves, not any specific goal for themselves. The nations are competing against each other just like you would in a race. It is doubtful much would impede their desire to come out on top.

Now it is where my clan comes in. As I mentioned, many of us are exiles just like what your ancestors were or just people holding no allegiance to no nation. It is probable more like us will come, however we do not seek conquest but survival.

We met a few inhabitants of these lands and I have immediately come to the conclusion that it would be wise to inform the clans of what is coming. Ultimately I hope to be able to bring the clans together, as that would ensure their survival, but I will not say anything if you refuse to do so. Survival of the fittest is often not survival of the toughest, but of the ones more adaptable to change."

(19+12 (8+4)+3)

Borg nods his head but Gorm crosses his arms.

"I see...

I thank you for informing us of this. We may have to take your word and begin to unite the clans. However, some will need to be put down like the rabid animals they are. The Night-Stalkers are the biggest one.

Chief Gorm, I ask that you go against your word to fight against the other clans. If what they say is true, then our pride and our personal qualms will have to be put on hold."

He gives Gorm a stern look who flinches slightly. Gorm nods and grumbles under his breath. He then claps Bjern on his back who jumps slightly.

"If that is the case, Bjern and I will meet with the Red-Moon clan and... Negociate... After all, you brought them here, you will aid in representing us."

Bjern nods before his snorts again. Looking at it now, he seems very dusty compared to the others.

"It will be good to see us no longer battling against them anymore. They are honorable and proud; much like us."

"The entire clan will meet together for a Moot tonight, and then we will meet the Red-Moons in two days in their land. If you have any questions, speak to Borg or Bjern. I have some business to attend to."

Gorm walks off, and the people go back to their business.

((Who has the daggers? Just Ritiki?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2016, 12:18:15 pm »

((Feel free to take some, just leave at least one for Ritiki.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »

((Two for Martijn since he specializes in them and two for Ritiki. One for Arioch will be all that's necessary I think.))

Arioch approaches Bjern, ignoring the indignity he was put in.

"I won't pry if you wish it to be so, however may I ask what caused this feud between your two clans? I got the impression that the Red-Moon clan doesn't know exactly the cause of these hostilities.

With that said is there something your people are troubled with?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2016, 02:39:44 pm »

((You might need to give some up later for the other PCs. Though James might be able to get by in a short fight without one.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »

((At this rate it's obvious we'll be making a coalition against the Night-Stalkers.

Arioch honestly doesn't need even a single dagger since he's not a melee character so you folks can keep all the daggers you want.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »

((What are the rules for magic regarding werecreatures? Does all magic hurt them or just certain types? Would fire hurt them?
I ask because Ritiki has a single attack spell, which does piercing damage, as well as the ability to start fires at a distance.))

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86