Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108446 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:41 am »

"I welcome your help in this. Martijn and Mauricio saved my life, and I cannot repay them as of yet, and your hospitality is welcomed too. I will be sure to plead for cooperation at the very least for you all."

"Think nothing of it, Varg! I require no recompense for saving your life, I was merely assisting a fellow person who was in danger as any reasonable being would do. Undoubtedly you would have done the same if the situation was reversed. However, any assistance you will give us would be most appreciated. We have been blessed with your companionship so far, and I hope that you will come to think of us in a similar way."

"As for plans... I'd like to get someone to the the top of these cliffs. If we can establish a lookout post there, one of the refugees can keep an eye out during the day for ships or signs of landing. The caves are fine as a temporary solution, and I saw a man with a pickaxe who can work the caves to make them a bit more pleasant... or at least a bit bigger. If those of us who are armed can scout the woods, we might be able to find some fruit, vegtables and roots to round out the food supply, and look to find someplace more permanent."

"It appears that I will not be getting much resting tonight! I will gladly lend my assistance in scouting the woods, but I cannot promise that I will find much to eat. This is a strange land after all and my meagre knowledge may not be enough to discover which plants are edible and which are poisonous. Afterwards I have a dissection to conduct so that its meat can be added to the pot, and I also wish to assist the alchemist in their investigations too. Quite a daunting list of tasks to achieve, but I shall pursue them with utmost vigour." Judging by the expression on his face, Mauricio is certainly looking forward to it.

((I'm guessing Mauricio only has such contemplation reserved for his biological studies, haha :P Also, Martijn is distinctly different from Nadarr, I'll say that.))

((Nah, Mauricio has certainly been around the block a few times. Not many since his charisma isn't amazing, but he has definitely been on a few nature walks with some impressionable young ladies.

I shouldn't have to point out how different from Symon he is, should I? They do have some similarities, but not an overwhelming number of them.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2016, 12:22:39 pm »

((Oh yeah, he's definitely no shy, stuttering Symon))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:05 pm »

((James is definitely different from Karl. You can tell from the get-go. He's more...well, real, in my opinion. He's a more pragmatic, realistic person I think. It's funny how your characters seem to have similarities to previous ones, though - I can't really say that Nadarr and Martijn are alike at all. I don't think they'd even like each other.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

((Ritiki's got some similarities to Weston, since I tend to roll party faces much of the time, but I'm hoping that he'll be a bit more level-headed.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »

((Good to know that he's improved a bit over Karl, improvement with experience is always good. I have to say that the similarity that I can see between Nadarr and Martijn is that they both seem to be passionate characters that go big into whatever they're doing))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »

((Arioch sees James as an asshole actually. The only similarity with Karl is how determined/hard they are regarding their beliefs and opinions.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »

((The feeling is mutual. Hopefully, some shared experiences will help grow some respect between them, but right now, there isn't a lot of lost love there.  :P))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2016, 01:37:25 pm »

((Arioch wants power. James sees that. James wants some say, though not necessarily power, and this makes him dislike Arioch. Whoo, the power of politics. Martijn doesn't care about power, so long as it doesn't hinder what he wants to do. They you'll see the definition of stubborness :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2016, 02:28:27 am »

James smile has a mocking edge as he glances at Mauricio "I hope you weren't planning to scale a cliff or scout the woods at night, were you? We can pick those up in the morning. Chopping up the badger and talking with the alchemist will probably be enough to fill your time, I'm sure."

James does a quick headcount "So to summarize, Auroch, Ritiki, Martijn and Ewan will travel with Varg, and myself, Mauricio and Kylie will establish a lookout, scout the woods, and anything else that comes to mind while your group travels."

At the nods, James shrugs. "Well, if that's settled, I'm going to go get cleaned up. Months at sea and then dragging a badger corpse for hours while loaded down with fresh meat doesn't produce what I'd call a pleasant smell. I'll catch up with what the alchemist has to say about those mushrooms afterwards."

Assuming that the planning meeting is over, James heads over to the cook fire and produces an iron pot from his backpack. With some muttered words in Draconic, he creates water in it and sets it on the fire. Once the water is heated sufficiently, he takes his pot and finds a small sidecave with an entrance narrow enough that with some work, he can stretch his cloak across it for privacy.

Taking off his armor and setting it aside, he makes use of soap, sponge and hot water to feel properly clean for the first time in quite a while.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2016, 06:30:05 am »

Find any medicine guys that can patch Varg up better and check out things with the Alchemist.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2016, 12:00:53 am »

"I welcome your help in this. Martijn and Mauricio saved my life, and I cannot repay them as of yet, and your hospitality is welcomed too. I will be sure to plead for cooperation at the very least for you all."

"Think nothing of it, Varg! I require no recompense for saving your life, I was merely assisting a fellow person who was in danger as any reasonable being would do. Undoubtedly you would have done the same if the situation was reversed. However, any assistance you will give us would be most appreciated. We have been blessed with your companionship so far, and I hope that you will come to think of us in a similar way."

"As for plans... I'd like to get someone to the the top of these cliffs. If we can establish a lookout post there, one of the refugees can keep an eye out during the day for ships or signs of landing. The caves are fine as a temporary solution, and I saw a man with a pickaxe who can work the caves to make them a bit more pleasant... or at least a bit bigger. If those of us who are armed can scout the woods, we might be able to find some fruit, vegtables and roots to round out the food supply, and look to find someplace more permanent."

"It appears that I will not be getting much resting tonight! I will gladly lend my assistance in scouting the woods, but I cannot promise that I will find much to eat. This is a strange land after all and my meagre knowledge may not be enough to discover which plants are edible and which are poisonous. Afterwards I have a dissection to conduct so that its meat can be added to the pot, and I also wish to assist the alchemist in their investigations too. Quite a daunting list of tasks to achieve, but I shall pursue them with utmost vigour." Judging by the expression on his face, Mauricio is certainly looking forward to it.

((I'm guessing Mauricio only has such contemplation reserved for his biological studies, haha :P Also, Martijn is distinctly different from Nadarr, I'll say that.))

((Nah, Mauricio has certainly been around the block a few times. Not many since his charisma isn't amazing, but he has definitely been on a few nature walks with some impressionable young ladies.

I shouldn't have to point out how different from Symon he is, should I? They do have some similarities, but not an overwhelming number of them.))

Find any medicine guys that can patch Varg up better and check out things with the Alchemist.
Ewan dismisses the meeting as James gets up and walks off. The two of you walk over to the herbalist, Loki, who is with his wife. He looks rather happy considering the fact that he was one of those chatting with Varg. He doesn't have anything to help heal Varg's state that hasn't already been done, and Mauricio and Loki begin to look at the mushrooms. (CRIT + 2) The two of you discover that the mushroom has a nautral ability to give those who ingested it the effects of Enlarge Person, however, the effects of doing so cause the user to suffer from a form of intoxication that is different but not unlike alcohol ((read as 1d4 wisdom damage (read again as "you get high"))). The effects are normally temporary, the enlarging effect lasting only a minute and the intoxication lasting for an extended period of time ((ie you heal the wisdom damage or take a long rest)). Several mushrooms can be eaten to extend the time, but eating too many will either cause permanent damage or increase the size farther if eaten while enlarged. The effects do not occur when consuming an animal that has eaten the mushrooms (as you guessed, since no one has grown 10' tall)

After studying the mushrooms for a period, you dissect the animal. (14+5+2) You discover that, with your success of finding out about the mushrooms, that these larger badgers have either consumed the mushrooms and/or consumed other animals that have eaten the mushrooms for so long that it has been assimilated into their bloodstream permanently. You assume it would take years of eating only the mushrooms and meat off of other animals who have just recently eaten the mushrooms (not those permanently affected by it) to even start having a similar effect. You also have gained more badger meat for the people.

James smile has a mocking edge as he glances at Mauricio "I hope you weren't planning to scale a cliff or scout the woods at night, were you? We can pick those up in the morning. Chopping up the badger and talking with the alchemist will probably be enough to fill your time, I'm sure."

James does a quick headcount "So to summarize, Auroch, Ritiki, Martijn and Ewan will travel with Varg, and myself, Mauricio and Kylie will establish a lookout, scout the woods, and anything else that comes to mind while your group travels."

At the nods, James shrugs. "Well, if that's settled, I'm going to go get cleaned up. Months at sea and then dragging a badger corpse for hours while loaded down with fresh meat doesn't produce what I'd call a pleasant smell. I'll catch up with what the alchemist has to say about those mushrooms afterwards."

Assuming that the planning meeting is over, James heads over to the cook fire and produces an iron pot from his backpack. With some muttered words in Draconic, he creates water in it and sets it on the fire. Once the water is heated sufficiently, he takes his pot and finds a small sidecave with an entrance narrow enough that with some work, he can stretch his cloak across it for privacy.

Taking off his armor and setting it aside, he makes use of soap, sponge and hot water to feel properly clean for the first time in quite a while.

You walk out of the meeting and everyone dismisses. There really isn't much privacy in the cave save for the far back with the animals. Its not the most sanitary, but it will do. You boil some water and find some place to string your gear up and put up your cloak. It takes some time to do everything, but you finish by the time the dissection is completed.

"None.

Shouldn't we talk to the alchemist now about the strange things you brought? I would also appreciate it Varg if you told us more about your customs and the customs of tribes with which you communicate. Like rituals or gestures that should not be done. It's incredibly easy to slight a person."

((Arioch was with the people for a while now. Does this mean I don't need to ask? If so what is the mood.))

Arioch turns around and searches for the Alchemist, but he finds his brother instead.

"Martjin. Do you want your liver eaten by a Roc? Because that's how you get your liver eaten by a Roc."
You and Varg step off to the side to talk about his customs once the mushroom business is taken care of.

"Things to disrespect our clan... We find lies and deceit dishonorable, and is punishable through exile if extreme enough. We believe in fighting on equal footing, so a lot of disputes are done one on one. I won't be surprised if someone challenges you or Ewan to a fight to prove your honor. That also brings me to another point; it is disrespectful and frowned upon to decline a sparring challenge. Duels to the death are very much different, especially with our tribe having lost so many. Otherwise, some of our rituals seem to have came from Jergenholm, as it seems my ancestors have came from there. They seem to share the same values, as I have spoken to with the others. Our gods are the very same too, and our tribe holds one god, Tyr, in a very high standard.

Is there anything else you would like to know? That is all I can think of to answer your question."

Martijn gets distinctly bored and shifts from foot to foot restlessly. He sees a fair face in the crowd and weathers the meeting, but when it's over sidles up to her, smiling roguishly as he does. Casually leaning on his staff, he engages her in conversation with a decidedly flirtatious tone.

I noticed your Roc on our sea journey, and I must say I would have called it the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen had I not seen you earlier.

((Crummy line but good charisma, go go go!))
((I saved the best for last...))

(CRIT) vs (?)

((Post roll note: oh dear god no...)) Your words come out like sweet honey but still strong. You didn't even know you could be THIS good with your words. The very fact of you doing this made a couple heads turn, but her head turns directly towards you as you said this. She looks you in the eye as she turns to you and her face turns slightly red. She ((like your GM)) has no idea how to react to this properly, and you see this as she pauses for a couple seconds dumbfounded by this bold and yet perfectly executed flirt.

"I-I beg your pardon?" She says slightly flustered, face still red.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2016, 01:42:29 am »

((Hahahahahaha.... oh my, this will be fun.))
By the fire
James raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, amazed that Martijn had succeeded so well, and chuckles to himself quietly.

After cleaning up
James whistles melodically to himself as he wrings the last water out of his hair and ties it back in its customary ponytail. His clothing is still damp from the washing he had given it, but far cleaner then it had been at least, and it would finish drying soon enough. Tying the scarf around his forehead firmly, he put on his armor and packed everything away again. Edging around the animals carefully, he seems far more cheerful as he made his way back to the main group.

Perception check to notice anything going on between Martijn and Kylie

((Let me know when timelines are all caught up again. I assume he has time to flirt with her while the autopsy and alchemist check are going on, and while Auroch grills Varg for the details of being diplomatic.

*edit* Added James reaction to seeing the pickup line))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:09:37 am by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 07, 2016, 01:52:33 am »

((Hahahahahaha.... oh my, this will be fun.))

James whistles melodically to himself as he wrings the last water out of his hair and ties it back in its customary ponytail. His clothing is still damp from the washing he had given it, but far cleaner then it had been at least, and it would finish drying soon enough. Tying the scarf around his forehead firmly, he put on his armor and packed everything away again. Edging around the animals carefully, he seems far more cheerful as he made his way back to the main group.

Perception check to notice anything going on between Martijn and Kylie

((Let me know when timelines are all caught up again. I assume he has time to flirt with her while the autopsy and alchemist check are going on, and while Auroch grills Varg for the details of being diplomatic.))
You get a good watching point as you're boiling the water. In fact, you're one of the people who turned their heads when he made his statement.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 07, 2016, 05:40:05 am »

Rolling his eyes at Kylie, Arioch casts a spell.

Use message on Kylie.

"This is Arioch. He's flirting with you, you numbskull."

After being satisfied with her reaction he turns to Varg again.

"One on one, you say. Does that extend to animal companions too? Let me introduce you to Vorlak. He's... well let's just say he's my guardian animal. In fact, you can ask him yourslelf. Calm down, he does not bite if not provoked."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:25:03 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2016, 11:55:29 am »

((Dear lord. Well, that went...well? :P))

Martijn covers his shock at his abilities well - after all, he has always had a way with the ladies - and sweeps a bow in her direction. As he rises he notices the red on her cheeks and smiles faintly, then continues to say:

No need to beg my pardon. I only mean to say that I have yet to see a woman quite like you on either side of this ocean. If I'm getting on your nerves, I'll leave...?

The grin on his face says he doesn't think he'll have to leave.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86