Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108419 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2015, 02:18:18 am »

Ritiki looks grateful as his burden is reduced slightly.

"Many thanks. This body not made for heavy lifting, yes? That's what wagons are for. We'll have to use mine from now on."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2015, 08:38:45 pm »

Ritiki looks grateful as his burden is reduced slightly.

"Many thanks. This body not made for heavy lifting, yes? That's what wagons are for. We'll have to use mine from now on."

((Does some checking...

OK, heavy loads doesn't reduce our movement speed any further. I suggest that Ritiki's load is shifted so that he only has a light load, and then we're all moving at 20ft/round for going back.

Also, I've done some looking, and I don't see anything to indicate that the carried amount reduces your ability to drag something, in which case, James alone is fully capable of dragging the badger corpse along behind them. It won't be as pretty by the end I'm guessing, but we'll have it. We wouldn't be able to carry it without three or four fully unloaded people.))

James sees Ritiki stagger a bit under the amount of meat piled in his arms and gestures for him to give him some until he's down to a light burden, grunting only a little as the weight is added to what he's carrying. "Let's not get caught out here carrying piles of meat. Everyone done, everyone has what they were looking for? Let's get going then."

James grabs the front legs of the badger and growls as he starts pulling the heavy corpse along, muttering in Draconic to himself.

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
You drag the body with you as you make your way back to the lading point. It takes you longer to get there, but you make it an hour after sunset. Arioch and the other people have settled in to make camp, and the Troglodytes are gone. Everyone is inside the cave, and Ewan hands out rations to the people inside. Doing a headcount, everyone and all the livestock made it. Nothing seemed to slow them down, and Kylie looks a little peeved she missed out in combat, but she's very much surprised by the big badger corpse that is now covered in sand.

"I see you ran into some trouble on the way here... And who is this?" He nods to Varg
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2015, 07:53:52 am »

Arioch tells Vorlak to check around (roll perception) and keep track of Varg. Arioch rolls perception and sense motive to anything that is said.

He goes where the talking is taking place and calms Kylie down.

"Now, now. As you can see they're not in top condition. They must want to rest. Let's leave the questioning for later. Would you go fetch the alchemist or anybody with any medical experience, Kylie? It's only proper. Call Ewan too. We should be closing the entrance soon as much as we can. Vorlak will keep watch on the new one."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2015, 08:56:27 am »

James gives Arioch a steady look, then shakes his head. Grabbing one of the survivors, he points to the badger "Get a couple of strong people to help drag that into a side chamber. Leave it alone - Mauricio wants to dissect it before it goes into a stewpot. We have plenty of badger meat here anyway, so have anyone who knows how to cook collect it. As far as I can tell, it should be safe. So stew it, cook it, turn it into jerky for all I care, but at least it's fresh."

Turning back to the group, James speaks up. "It looks like those of us with weapons and fighting skills are all here, so let's get this meeting over with and then I can go get cleaned up. This is Varg, he's a tribesman of the Red-Moon clan... of werewolves."

James holds his hand up before the objections can start "Apparently, all the tribes here are fully infected by lycanthropy of various sorts. However, Varg has promised that he will take no action to harm us or our... clan... as he sees it, unless hands are raised against him. I judge him to be honest and honorable in his vow. Two of the other clans are not so friendly, and probably the ones that the lizardmen have run into. The White-Fangs are the weresharks, and the Night-Stalkers are also werewolves, but of the more storied sort of savage killers."

"In addition to the local inhabitants, the forest nearby plays host to some truly large wildlife, which are eating some sort of mushroom that seems to enlarge them. This might have applications for use if we can cultivate the mushrooms and ensure the results are safe for human consumption, but that's for an alchemist to figure out, along with Mauricio who wanted to look into them."

"For now, we have someplace safe to sleep for the night and plenty to eat. Water won't be an issue either - I can create as much as we need given someplace for the water to flow into. Anything anyone else care to add?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2015, 11:27:58 am »

Arioch tells Vorlak to check around (roll perception) and keep track of Varg. Arioch rolls perception and sense motive to anything that is said.

"Now, now. As you can see they're not in top condition. They must want to rest. Let's leave the questioning for later. Would you go fetch the alchemist or anybody with any medical experience, Kylie? It's only proper. Call Ewan too. We should be closing the entrance soon as much as we can. Vorlak will keep watch on the new one."
((Ewan is orange, Kylie has yet to say anything))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:04 am »

((I understood that it was Kylie talking to him and that orange was just the general color for NPCs.

Just replace Kylie with Ewan and get rid of the "call ewan" thing and you're set.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »

"For now, we have someplace safe to sleep for the night and plenty to eat. Water won't be an issue either - I can create as much as we need given someplace for the water to flow into. Anything anyone else care to add?"
Ritiki raised a hand.

"While cannot create food or water from nothing, I brought many chickens along, some sheep as well. So long as they are kept fed we will have eggs and milk. Meat too, if things become dire.

"Also have fishing net. Too late to set out now though."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2015, 01:25:22 pm »

((I understood that it was Kylie talking to him and that orange was just the general color for NPCs.

Just replace Kylie with Ewan and get rid of the "call ewan" thing and you're set.))
James gives Arioch a steady look, then shakes his head. Grabbing one of the survivors, he points to the badger "Get a couple of strong people to help drag that into a side chamber. Leave it alone - Mauricio wants to dissect it before it goes into a stewpot. We have plenty of badger meat here anyway, so have anyone who knows how to cook collect it. As far as I can tell, it should be safe. So stew it, cook it, turn it into jerky for all I care, but at least it's fresh."

Turning back to the group, James speaks up. "It looks like those of us with weapons and fighting skills are all here, so let's get this meeting over with and then I can go get cleaned up. This is Varg, he's a tribesman of the Red-Moon clan... of werewolves."

James holds his hand up before the objections can start "Apparently, all the tribes here are fully infected by lycanthropy of various sorts. However, Varg has promised that he will take no action to harm us or our... clan... as he sees it, unless hands are raised against him. I judge him to be honest and honorable in his vow. Two of the other clans are not so friendly, and probably the ones that the lizardmen have run into. The White-Fangs are the weresharks, and the Night-Stalkers are also werewolves, but of the more storied sort of savage killers."

"In addition to the local inhabitants, the forest nearby plays host to some truly large wildlife, which are eating some sort of mushroom that seems to enlarge them. This might have applications for use if we can cultivate the mushrooms and ensure the results are safe for human consumption, but that's for an alchemist to figure out, along with Mauricio who wanted to look into them."

Varg Red-Moon looks confused at your announcement of him being a lycanthrope, and then looks at the fear in everyone's faces. He then has a momentary sense of realization as his face goes to pure and utter shock and horror.

"Wait... You mean NONE of you are lycanthropes!?" He starts to panic a bit and backs up from everyone as if everyone carried a plague.

Kylie goes to draw her bow but Ewan raises his hand.

"I trust their word about this. If he wished us harm, he would have done so already.

Calm down, Varg of the Red-Moon Clan. We will not harm you. I ask that even in the case that one of us does come to harm you, that you will turn the other cheek. I will deal with them personally. I have to ask, how many are there of your clan?"

Varg keeps his back against the wall of the cave as he speaks quietly.

"Twenty three..."

"I wish to speak to the elders of your clan. Perhaps, your people would aid us in finding a new home for ourselves. We came here looking for a place to start anew, as war has taken our homelands. We will let you stay for the night with us, as I can see you are weary.

I suppose introductions are in order. I am Ewan O'Reiley, and I've become sort of the spearhead in this since Kain has gone missing."

***CONTEXT: Kain Gorevarc is the one who supplied the ships and the supplies for people, and he has gone missing with a part of the fleet during the voyage here***

"I'm appalled at myself to say this, but I didn't get to learn your names either. I suppose with all of your skills, I should have learned them  first. May I ask what I may call each of you?" He turns to the rest of the party, including Arioch and Kylie

Ritiki raised a hand.

"While cannot create food or water from nothing, I brought many chickens along, some sheep as well. So long as they are kept fed we will have eggs and milk. Meat too, if things become dire.

"Also have fishing net. Too late to set out now though."

"If this story of Weresharks are true, then perhaps it is best we stayed clear of the oceans at night. The livestock is appreciated and are farther in the cavern if you wish to see them. They don't have a proper pen, so some of the others are tending to them and keeping them in line."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2015, 02:17:44 pm »

The ratman nodded glumly.

"True, no use for shredded nets. Anyway, name is Ritiki. This is Tanith, lovely wife, and our child Corellia." He wrapped an arm around a black-furred ratfolk woman around his own size, who gave a nervous sort of curtsy to Ewan. Corellia hugged her father's leg and stared curiously at all the strangers.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2015, 02:30:59 pm »

The human summoner raises his head, danger gleaming in his eye.

"I am Arioch Darklight. I've come from the other side with my brother and this aggressive lady for... personal reasons, as I might imagine all of us have. This next to me is Vorlak. He is harmless if you mean no ill. My specialty is in managing relationships between two sides, my previous official occupation being an ambassador."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2015, 02:53:00 pm »

The slender man in scale armor is next, yellow eyes almost glowing in the dim light. He speaks with a slight smile as if amused. "I guess it makes sense to have a show and tell. My name is James. I'm a mercenary from the fallen kingdom of Miriramond. Don't worry if you can't find it on the maps, it's just one more province of Iscaaria these days. Me and the other Miriramondians left ahead of the butcher squads. As you can see from my eyes, and all of the other half-humans, we weren't much for... racial purity, as it were. The Iscaarians were killing everyone who couldn't pass for fully human, so that's where we left.

Since a couple of you saw, I've given up on hiding the fact that I can tap the divine, a little. It's not worth much more then healing some wounds, but I can create water, purify food and see if something's magical all I want."

James nods at Varg and looks a little apologetic. "Perhaps a tad cruel, but I was hoping that little revelation wouldn't dawn on you for a while. From where we come from, lycanthropy is unknown, except in dark legends. I suppose there may be those like yourself that can control themselves, but the tales speak of only those like the Night-Stalkers, who shift with the full moon and kill until put down or the dawn comes. You seem scared of us because we can't change shapes... why is that?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2015, 12:45:29 am »

The slender man in scale armor is next, yellow eyes almost glowing in the dim light. He speaks with a slight smile as if amused. "I guess it makes sense to have a show and tell. My name is James. I'm a mercenary from the fallen kingdom of Miriramond. Don't worry if you can't find it on the maps, it's just one more province of Iscaaria these days. Me and the other Miriramondians left ahead of the butcher squads. As you can see from my eyes, and all of the other half-humans, we weren't much for... racial purity, as it were. The Iscaarians were killing everyone who couldn't pass for fully human, so that's where we left.

Since a couple of you saw, I've given up on hiding the fact that I can tap the divine, a little. It's not worth much more then healing some wounds, but I can create water, purify food and see if something's magical all I want."

James nods at Varg and looks a little apologetic. "Perhaps a tad cruel, but I was hoping that little revelation wouldn't dawn on you for a while. From where we come from, lycanthropy is unknown, except in dark legends. I suppose there may be those like yourself that can control themselves, but the tales speak of only those like the Night-Stalkers, who shift with the full moon and kill until put down or the dawn comes. You seem scared of us because we can't change shapes... why is that?"

"... I am a monster to you and your clan... Just as my ancestors were in times long past... The different clans came here many generations ago to hide from the non-shifters, as they were called, for their fear of us turned to violence. The innocent and the guilty both paid the price, and we were exiled, and we came here. The White-Fang's ancestors swam here, like the rest of their kin, the "weresharks" as you call them. The others, the ones who turn to bears, were here first and are the eldest to be here, and then came us, the "werewolves". And then the ones who look like Ritiki and his family, but are... Different. They are humans who turn to look like them, but slightly larger. They are the Grey-Tail Clan, the Black-Hand Clan and the Deep-Strider Clan. Though they have only three clans, they are very numerous, and there are possibly more clans hiding in the caves deeper in. There are others, but I have yet to meet them myself. There are a few clans I heard that change to large cats, and stories of many others. I haven't traveled far from my clan's territory often, and we hardly ever raid. In fact, I am far from home now, and I am in the presence of my ancestor's hunters."

He looks a little calmer explaining the history of the inhabitants, but then quickly goes back to being very afraid

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2015, 05:10:54 am »

"But we do share a common trait, no? Both of us are exiled and some of us are hunted as well by our own kind.

And while there is likely a large part of the shape-changers that are peaceful, just like with other races, there must be the rotten apples. There is no way to avoid that but through justice and order.

To avoid what has happened before, if we wish to coexist, there must be rules set down to avoid injustices like the ones your clans have faced. To do that we need pledged and written cooperation by both sides."

Arioch  looks at Varg with mixed sadness and pity.

"I am sorry, Varg, but we are not the only ones coming. We are a very small part separated from a much bigger one. While we might be one of the first, I can guarantee you that the nations of your hunters will send more. More people, more weapons, more magic. Even if we went away back or were annihilated, more would not stop coming in the thousands. A lot of nations were intent on it for their vices.

I will let you make your own conclusion if you wish. You informed us about your people. It is only natural for us to do the same. You are not a prisoner until you have done us harm."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

Hey, bro, maybe less glum. We're all friends here - we mean Varg no harm. Ain't that right? Martijn grins companionably at the shifter. You're getting carried away with talk of written agreements - I think this side of the world, agreements formed with words are likely all you'll find. Besides, Varg has proven himself brave and honest, and if there are more like him we should be happy to meet them.

If we're continuing with the name giving, I'm Martijn Vituperat. He bows slightly yet smoothly before continuing: I would say I'm at your service, but servitude never really suited me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2015, 05:32:25 pm »

"But we do share a common trait, no? Both of us are exiled and some of us are hunted as well by our own kind.

And while there is likely a large part of the shape-changers that are peaceful, just like with other races, there must be the rotten apples. There is no way to avoid that but through justice and order.

To avoid what has happened before, if we wish to coexist, there must be rules set down to avoid injustices like the ones your clans have faced. To do that we need pledged and written cooperation by both sides."

Arioch  looks at Varg with mixed sadness and pity.

"I am sorry, Varg, but we are not the only ones coming. We are a very small part separated from a much bigger one. While we might be one of the first, I can guarantee you that the nations of your hunters will send more. More people, more weapons, more magic. Even if we went away back or were annihilated, more would not stop coming in the thousands. A lot of nations were intent on it for their vices.

I will let you make your own conclusion if you wish. You informed us about your people. It is only natural for us to do the same. You are not a prisoner until you have done us harm."

"Written? I do not know what you mean by this"

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86