Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108331 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »

((Oh, your actions are totally logical, but James is going to quiz him on weres and try to bluff him about having wolfsbane :P  But yes, he'll take care of his wounds.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2015, 04:05:08 pm »

Mauricio ignores the tribesman and his partner for the moment to study the dead bodies littering the swamp. "A stirge? What an odd creature. Tell me, what do you know about them, Varg?"

Mauricio examines the bodies and uses his knowledge of natural history to develop insights on their physiology and behaviour based on similar creatures.

"Ah! But I forget myself. I am Mauricio Del Bosque. It is a pleasure to be of service, Varg." He sweeps his hat off of head and gives the man a bow, though not a very low one given the terrain they find themselves in. "If you are as hurt as you say you are, then I would be happy to examine your wounds. I have not received a degree in medicine, but I have learned much about anatomy and the human body and will try my best to soothe what ails you."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2015, 05:52:25 pm »

((Haha, so much potential to go horribly wrong. Then again, he was actually losing, so probably not a were))
((If only you knew what they did...))

Martijn kicks the dead body at his feet over to look at it, then starts to speak.

Greetings, Varg. Your tribe must truly be strong if you fight so well as this - but you are injured. I came from across the sea with some friends, and we know little of this land, but I am sure they'd be willing to help patch you together again. No man should be left in pieces, eh? My name is Martijn, and I'd be pleased to lead you to them.

Pointing at the body

Are these beasts common? My friend and I faced some giant badger some distance back in the forest, and I'm beginning to wonder if there are no friendly creatures in this place.

((Probably best to wait for Mauricio to do something while I speak, presumably to show himself))

Mauricio ignores the tribesman and his partner for the moment to study the dead bodies littering the swamp. "A stirge? What an odd creature. Tell me, what do you know about them, Varg?"

Mauricio examines the bodies and uses his knowledge of natural history to develop insights on their physiology and behaviour based on similar creatures.

"Ah! But I forget myself. I am Mauricio Del Bosque. It is a pleasure to be of service, Varg." He sweeps his hat off of head and gives the man a bow, though not a very low one given the terrain they find themselves in. "If you are as hurt as you say you are, then I would be happy to examine your wounds. I have not received a degree in medicine, but I have learned much about anatomy and the human body and will try my best to soothe what ails you."
"Stirges are common in the marshes. I got lost and ended up here, hoping to take a shortcut home. I'm in no condition to be wandering, and if you could help me, I would appreciate it.

A giant badger? You must've came from the beach or the woods then. We tried to hunt there a few times because of the large game there, but no one hunter has been able to get near them without being overwhelmed by the number of the big ones."

((I'll get the Stirge information for you when I can and see how a lore check will do for you. Again, I'm at work for another 4 and a half hours))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

Well. That's enough adventure for one day, I'd say. We should head back to the beach. Martijn looks around suspiciously for more "stirges." At least let's leave this swamp.

Assuming they agree to accompany him out of the swamp, Martijn talks to Varg about his clan, and asks whether they sell daggers.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2015, 10:48:15 am »

Well. That's enough adventure for one day, I'd say. We should head back to the beach. Martijn looks around suspiciously for more "stirges." At least let's leave this swamp.

Assuming they agree to accompany him out of the swamp, Martijn talks to Varg about his clan, and asks whether they sell daggers.
(Arcana)(19+5+2) Mauricio has heard of these monsters. They are magical beasts who suck blood out ((read as deals con damage)) of their opponent. They tend to latch onto their opponents to feed. Once attached, they are hard to remove as their barbed legs latch onto the host. They sometimes carry diseases, and after they are done feeding, they hide in the mud of their homes to lay their eggs. They aren't very strong at all, but they're very agile and are known to sneak up on their enemies often.

There are giant stirges, but they're still smaller in size.

Judging by the man's state, pale skin and the holes oozing blood, they were getting close to draining him entirely.

You both head towards the beach and out of the swamp where he sits down and drops his axe.

Mauricio and Martijn gain 150xp

"I appreciate you aiding me in getting out of the marshes. But I will ask again, what clan do you hail from? I'm wary mostly due to the fact I have never seen anything like this..."

He points to one of your daggers. Specifically, the metal of the dagger.

"Sell? Daggers? I don't know what you're talking about.

The Red-Moon Clan are mostly hunters, very few of us are warriors, and those who are, are well known for their prowess. I may be one of them, but my arrogance still gets the best of me. We fight honorably, unlike some of the other clans. The worst of them, is the White-Fang clan. Almost all of the clans will leave the bodies of their foes there, but the White-Fangs... They feed on us. They are insane, bloodthirsty warriors that take joy in slaughtering everything, including each other. If they weren't so numerous, they would have died off by now.

The Red-Moon Clan at least don't kill for sport, unlike some of the other clans. We won't kill unless we have to. Fight? Yes. Kill? No."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2015, 10:56:28 am »

((Am I the only one sensing a golden opportunity to recruit people here?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2015, 10:58:12 am »

No metal, huh? Well, luck blast me. Look at the man's axe to see what it's made of.

Regardless, we have to get you somewhere safe. Come on. Our clan is from across the sea, and is in truth made of a few tribes fused into one. My friend here is from a...different tribe from me, I dare say, but we work together anyway. We're all fools, but fools working together, eh? We'd best move on. If he can get up, lead him further. If not, help him anyway I can to move. Stop when we get to the wood/beach crossroads.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2015, 11:41:46 am »

((Also getting the 'diplomacy go!' tingle. I'm fine with lycanthropes who are on our side and won't be snacking on us, if his clan also has those. And given the names, I'd sort of expect that.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2015, 11:50:10 am »

((The stirges transfer disease. If he wasn't a were, he may be now. And if he already was, it's just as well none of the ones that fed on him bit us. Either way, I don't want him around over a full moon.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2015, 12:52:53 pm »

No metal, huh? Well, luck blast me. Look at the man's axe to see what it's made of.

Regardless, we have to get you somewhere safe. Come on. Our clan is from across the sea, and is in truth made of a few tribes fused into one. My friend here is from a...different tribe from me, I dare say, but we work together anyway. We're all fools, but fools working together, eh? We'd best move on. If he can get up, lead him further. If not, help him anyway I can to move. Stop when we get to the wood/beach crossroads.
He struggles to stand and walks along. His axe is too small to use as a crutch, so he grabs a large thick stick from the wood and uses that to support himself. He reduces your movement by a bit.

His axe is made of sharpened stone but looks rather dull and seems that it could break soon.

"Metal? I have never heard of these words before. Across the sea? That explains why you look so different than the rest of us."

He chuckles at your statement about fools working together.

"If the other clans banded like your clan did, I'm certain we could deal with most of our problems."

Keeping a wounded man walking is hard work, and he stops every now and then to sit down and regain his senses as he gets light headed a few times and almost passes outright twice before you get close to the crossroad.

By the time you get there, you see two familiar figures approaching; the ratfolk male and the man with a sash on their head.

James/Ritiki spot the very tall man with the quarterstaff and the man with a well trimmed beard and a fancy hat, and a very hurt and wounded man who looks ready to collapse

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »

"Ho, friends! We come with a guest" Martijn calls over to them.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2015, 01:59:41 pm »

Ritiki eyes the stranger in alarm.

"Sure hope you two didn't start beating and capturing natives!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2015, 03:22:52 pm »

James keeps his crossbow casually at the ready as he eyes the stranger, the warnings of the lizardmen still fresh in his mind.

"Good to see you two safe and sound. We found shelter for the night in the other direction, as well as some more of the natives of this land. They warned us of the dangers of the forest and swamp in this direction... as well as the creatures that hunt in the night."

James comes closer, looking over the wounded man dispassionately. "You look like you've seen quite a bit of trouble, warrior. How did you end up with those injuries?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2015, 03:53:21 pm »

James keeps his crossbow casually at the ready as he eyes the stranger, the warnings of the lizardmen still fresh in his mind.

"Good to see you two safe and sound. We found shelter for the night in the other direction, as well as some more of the natives of this land. They warned us of the dangers of the forest and swamp in this direction... as well as the creatures that hunt in the night."

James comes closer, looking over the wounded man dispassionately. "You look like you've seen quite a bit of trouble, warrior. How did you end up with those injuries?"

The man does a salute to you as best as he can in his state. From what Martijn and Mauricio saw earlier, he's getting worse.

"Stirges in the marshes... They've always been a problem for my clan. They drained a lot of blood from my system, and I'm having trouble standing my ground... Your companions have been helping me.

I assume you are referring to the White-Fang clan or the Night-Stalker clan? They're vicious monsters, both of them... The Night-Stalker clan prefers to hunt at night and prey on those not well versed in the night, hence their name. They kill for sport, unlike the blood thirsty White-Fangs, who are the opposite; they kill to feed, but they kill everything.

I assume you are with them, as you carry a bright blade as well."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2015, 04:04:56 pm »

Ritiki eyes the stranger in alarm.

"Sure hope you two didn't start beating and capturing natives!"

"Of course not! Varg here came of his own free will! We, or should I say Martijn here, assisted him against a swarm of stirges. As such he is rather weak from bloodloss at the moment. Thus we should clean his wounds and let his body naturally recover."

-snip-

Mauricio nods in agreement with the tribesman's summary and listens intently to his description of the clans. "Of course they are. Why else would we have brought you to them?" He turns to Ritiki and James and asks them, "What exactly did this native say about the creatures that lurked in the night? Something useful I would hope. Was he a member of the same clan as Varg here? The... Red-Moon Clan, I believe they are called? If so we should reunite them at once. I'm certain that they would be happy to see each other again."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86