Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108322 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2015, 09:55:29 pm »

A slow smile forms on Arioch's face.

"Hear that, Vorlak? I think you might have to roll on your back and let the kids touch your fuzzy tummy to build up trust. That would be a sight to see."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:23 am »

((I'm fine with that, but James will start interfering if he's ending up margainalized in the plans))

((I honestly left my character back because he is a summoner meaning more manpower if something does show up. I don't see how any of you can be marginalized. After all, all of you are essential to my evil, evil plans to conquer the world. Hoho.  :P))

((I'm still unsure how we're going to handle this. Pathfinder has a whole section in the SRD for kingdom building, but I don't know if we're going to be using those rules or not.

Anyway, I think you're also getting well ahead of what you should be doing. Everyone should be working to get everything from the ships into that cave before sundown and getting the entrance ready to fortify. Once all the PCs are back, we can provide protection for the first night at least.

And until we secure some source of silver weapons, guards- especially guards using NPC classes- are absolutely useless. A single werecreature can kill the entire group with no issues.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:54:41 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2015, 07:40:33 am »

((This is Highmax28 we're talking about. The guy that sent a creature in the fortress that could kill us in one shot. I'm pretty sure I'd like to be extra prepared.

Will probably be using Dwarf Fortress rules with Kingdom Building in the future once we reach that level.

The militia IS useful for things beyond fighting strong creatures. In fact, that's exactly what a militia is. It's not supposed to be made for fighting. It's made to uphold order and law. Making sure there aren't crimes and similar. Any extra job they might pickup is an extra productive thing they can do. At worst, we get a meatshield.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2015, 07:47:07 am »

((We have a group of 31 civilians, so I'm not sure we need to have 20% of them in the militia. I agree we'll need one later, but for now, I sort of think that Ewan can handle things until we get more people. The two former guardsmen should be enough to help him as assistants once we acquire some weapons and armor to give to them. The four woodcutters are probably more useful doing what they know how to do with the understanding that they're holding weapons and are are expected to help protect the others.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2015, 08:26:36 am »

((What was your impression that the woodcutters would be doing? Doing a jig and entertaining others? I do believe Arioch said that they were the temporary militia. And even then the only reason for them being that is that they actually have something that could be considered an improvised weapon.

They'll stay in the militia until we settle down and need some woodcutting done. THEN they can leave the militia. Until then they are considered able to fight people. It's the best job they can do right now in this moment. It sure as hell is more useful than the rest of the 80% of civilians which from what I understand, are doing nothing until we settle down.

I'm thinking the problem is that you're taking this as if set in stone, when in reality this is just temporary and done only so everything's done carefully (and to pass time while Highmax posts).

Besides, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think this cements my authority for the future. :P))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2015, 09:25:14 am »

((Yeah, that was James' other problem with you staying behind. Like it or not, it'll be in everyone's minds that Arioch was the one who found safety and lead them to it, and the others were off doing something else.

Also, I fully understand that it's not set in stone, but it leads back to my initial point - we don't need a militia right at this moment. The way to and from the cave is scouted and safe. We do need everyone working as hard as possible to get everything into the cave before anything shows up. Taking six of the most able-bodied and having them on lookout duty reduces the ability to do so before the sun goes down.

Either way, your character is the one calling the shots.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2015, 09:31:44 am »

((I have no intention of hogging everything to myself. One man cannot rule, regardless who he is. Besides, we're supposed to have fun. I'll be sure to have that in mind.

As I said last post, they will be hauling as well. There is no reason for them to not be doing so right now since we have the bird scouting a large area, and since this is the beach I don't think there's much to impede its vision. My reasoning for putting them in the militia was something along the lines of "If an enemy attacks, I don't want to waste time telling the confused guards and woodcutters to come help, of which some might not do it due to the stress of the moment.". Them having already given roles does help in such scenarios.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »

Changed mind to this:

Try to sneak attack, making as little noise as possible, then move into stealth again if I can and move away.

((Not the man, obviously. The creatures.))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:31:05 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

Changed mind to this:

Try to sneak attack, making as little noise as possible, then move into stealth again if I can and move away.

((Not the man, obviously. The creatures.))
You sneak in (17+8) and strike the strange bat-like insect. (15+2) Your dagger cuts into it, slashing it, striking it in a vital part of its back, dealing a sneak attack for (2+2+5) damage. The creature collapses and you attempt to remain stealthed (2+8) and you fail. There is only one left, and the man roars in fury as he swings his axe and slices the monster in two and then stares you down and then puts his fist across his chest like a salute as he speaks in what seems to be Common

"Thank you. I am Varg, warrior of the Red-Moon clan. I thank you for your assistance. Those stirges took a lot out of me, and I think I they took a lot of blood out of my system. I can see that you belong to no clan I have met. Who are you and what clan do you belong to?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2015, 01:27:49 pm »

Martijn kicks the dead body at his feet over to look at it, then starts to speak.

Greetings, Varg. Your tribe must truly be strong if you fight so well as this - but you are injured. I came from across the sea with some friends, and we know little of this land, but I am sure they'd be willing to help patch you together again. No man should be left in pieces, eh? My name is Martijn, and I'd be pleased to lead you to them.

Pointing at the body

Are these beasts common? My friend and I faced some giant badger some distance back in the forest, and I'm beginning to wonder if there are no friendly creatures in this place.

((Probably best to wait for Mauricio to do something while I speak, presumably to show himself))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2015, 01:33:28 pm »

((Haha, so much potential to go horribly wrong. Then again, he was actually losing, so probably not a were))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »

((Can weres kill each other? Maybe there are multiple tribes of weres.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2015, 01:37:55 pm »

((I'm not going to try anything really diplomatic on him, because that's not Martijn's thing, so leading him to those who could forge an alliance seems a good idea. Besides, he's pretty badly wounded by the sound of things, so Martijn probably would have offered some help anyway. Added to that, Martijn knows nothing of the weres. As far as he's concerned there's no doubt this is a man, so far.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »

((Well, Ritiki and James are heading your way. Surely at least one of us is capable of some diplomancy.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »

((Martijn doesn't know that. No doubt we'll meet on the way there - maybe James will stitch a fellow warrior up. Until we do, though, Martijn is inevitably aiming for the camp. Besides, it's not certain he'll accept - could be the independent type, etc.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86