Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108278 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:13 pm »

Aim, and throw a dagger at the huge badger, aiming for its eyes. Abruptly turn around and shout run for your life! as I sprint back towards the beach.
(CRIT/17+4-5) you land a critical hit into his eye, destroying his eye and he howls back from the pain. You deal ((3+4)*2=14) damage, and the badger is blinded for (2) rounds. You move back 15ft. He looks terrible regardless of having a dagger stuck deep into his eye.

Mauricio begins his turn

James grunts. "Excellent acoustics, we were whispering or talking quietly."

He translates their words for the others, then speaks to the lizardmen in Draconian.

"I am no skinchanger, and my companion is no magical construct. He was born of his people as you were born of yours. We come from far away, beyond the water. My companion took your weapons so that we would talk first instead of blindly spill blood.

Tell me of these skinchangers, for they sound a deadly enemy."

James also translates for anything the others wish to say.

((If we start fighting, I have low light vision and the tunnel should be low light for some distance from the entrance.))
((Vorlak has darkvision so no issue on his end.))

"Ask them whether they fancy taking on Vorlak with bare hands."
Normal grins a toothy grin as he moves back a bit to ready a pounce at this call.

Do you want to leave that out or not?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2015, 01:15:21 am »

James gestures to the cat-shaped creature gathering itself to pounce

((In Draconian))
"My human companion says that you should consider wisely if you wish to fight such a tiger with only your hands, instead of hearing us out."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2015, 01:22:31 am »

As they walk along the beach, Martijn answers Mauricio's question with as much courtesy as he received, though with a certain wry twist to his lips.

The bird is a Roc, my friend, but as to its relation with Kylie I'm not sure. I wasn't much interested in a bird when there was such pleasant company aboard, even if my sociable intentions have yet to be returned. If you want to know more, you ought to ask my brother, the rather commanding one from back there.

"A Roc? Surely you jest! I am certain that those creatures are much, much bigger! Why, an adult roc should be large enough to carry the boat away in its talons! Perhaps it is only a chick, or some kind of dwarf member of the species? I shall have to ask your brother once I have the chance. Hopefully he will be able to shed light on this matter."

(CRIT/17+4-5) you land a critical hit into his eye, destroying his eye and he howls back from the pain. You deal ((3+4)*2=14) damage, and the badger is blinded for (2) rounds. You move back 15ft. He looks terrible regardless of having a dagger stuck deep into his eye.

Mauricio begins his turn

Mauricio stares at the approaching badgers for a split second, and then draws an arrow from his quiver.

Fire the longbow at the giant badger (+1 to hit and damage from it being so close), then follow Martijn's example and retreat back to the beach.

((Sorry for not replying earlier. It is was one of those days.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2015, 01:52:17 am »

As they walk along the beach, Martijn answers Mauricio's question with as much courtesy as he received, though with a certain wry twist to his lips.

The bird is a Roc, my friend, but as to its relation with Kylie I'm not sure. I wasn't much interested in a bird when there was such pleasant company aboard, even if my sociable intentions have yet to be returned. If you want to know more, you ought to ask my brother, the rather commanding one from back there.

"A Roc? Surely you jest! I am certain that those creatures are much, much bigger! Why, an adult roc should be large enough to carry the boat away in its talons! Perhaps it is only a chick, or some kind of dwarf member of the species? I shall have to ask your brother once I have the chance. Hopefully he will be able to shed light on this matter."

Mauricio begins his turn

Mauricio stares at the approaching badgers for a split second, and then draws an arrow from his quiver.

Fire the longbow at the giant badger (+1 to hit and damage from it being so close), then follow Martijn's example and retreat back to the beach.

((Sorry for not replying earlier. It is was one of those days.))
((No worries. Your avatar reflects me right now))
You shoot at the big badger! (12+3+1) Your arrow strikes him, dealing (6+1) damage! He looks very hurt and thrashes about angrily! He goes into some sort of frenzy and roars loudly! You fall back as well.

The last badger moves up, but the big one thrashes around, slashing into trees and biting the air. It ends up moving away from you 10' trying to kill you. The last badger scrambles to get away from the big badger and the second one follows suit as the two flee.

In the panic, you're given the chance to escape. You wind up quickly back at the beach and the sounds of the big badger slashing the trees can be heard here. You hear a tree collapse as you catch your breath.

James gestures to the cat-shaped creature gathering itself to pounce

((In Draconian))
"My human companion says that you should consider wisely if you wish to fight such a tiger with only your hands, instead of hearing us out."
(19+5)

James:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2015, 02:39:19 am »

James translates their replies, while gesturing for Vorlak to settle down. He looks at the other two, face grim.

"Those sound like lycanthropes to me - werewolves, werebears and weresharks. I don't know about the rest of the group, but I don't really have any means on hand to fight such a creature, if legends about their endurance against weapons not made of silver are true.

It also worries me that they deliberately hunt down thinking creatures for sport - for there's nothing stopping them from doing the same to us."

James glances between his companions and the lizardmen in the tunnels.

"I think we should return their weapons to them. Doing so might earn a bit more of their trust. These aren't their home tunnels, so they might be willing to let us have them."

he speaks Draconian again to address the lizardmen.

"We are no skinchangers, and I think they would hunt our tribe as gladly as they hunt yours. We need shelter, and friends in this new land. The ones in your deeper tunnels... do they make their own way in, or are they trapped there now? If they were removed, would your caves be safe for you once more?"

((James is letting the others know what he's saying to the lizardmen.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2015, 04:11:01 am »

"Hope you know what are doing..."

Return the "borrowed" weapons.

"No silver weapons in my cart, no. Didn't think would need any."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2015, 04:21:00 am »

((I figure if they do decide to start something, we can take them four on three. They also don't seem to like bright light, and I have several ways of making it uncomfortably bright for them.))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:29:43 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2015, 07:39:31 am »

"This is not good at all. Give them their weapons and ask them how they protect themselves against the lycantrophes. Do they just hide or do they have means of fighting them? I won't lose men to creatures of the night if we can help it. We need a makeshift shelter by the end of the day. And allies apparently. Tell them that we are here to cooperate and that if they don't believe us that they can see the boats on the beach, confirming that we are new to these lands. Also tell them that we are willing to cooperate with their tribe since we mean no immediate threat."

Arioch looks at Vorlak.

"Take a more neutral position in front of us, friend. Wouldn't want to scare them."

((Maybe we can use the cave they're in for this night? Suddenly I don't feel like camping outside during nighttime.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2015, 07:50:59 am »

((You can assume that I translate Arioch's questions and statements directed to the lizardmen to them, and their replies. Saves typing everything twice. :P))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2015, 09:49:55 am »

Mauricio turns to his newfound companion after their little encounter and shrugs, looking rather unconcerned about the entire ordeal. "Quite odd, don't you agree? I did not expect badgers to grow quite so large and deadly. I wonder what it eats? Surely it has to consume plenty of food to sustain its massive bulk and prodigious strength. However I think that we have more important matters to attend to at the moment. After we find a suitable place for the colony to set up then we can investigate further. As such we should we should continue our search along a different path. Agreed?"

((Absolutely adorable? Tired and exhausted? Yeah, I'm not getting as much sleep as I should either. Appropriate avatar is appropriate.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2015, 10:37:27 am »

Regaining his breath, Martijn says Indeed. Only a fool engages such a beast if given a chance - I regret the loss of my dagger, though. I doubt I will have the opportunity to replenish my stock soon. It is a pity to leave such a ferocious beast at large, especially given it must be near the end of its life. Still, down the sand-path it is.

Follow the beach further on. Assuming Mauricio follows, say that was quite a fine shot. Have you had much practice with the bow in the past?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2015, 11:35:01 am »

"I can understand that. I brought plenty of arrows myself, but I am quite doubtful that I will be able to purchase more with such good craftsmanship. We shall see." Following his companion along the beach, he continues speaking, "Your eyes do not deceive you, I have had much practice with the bow in hunting for wild beasts in the forests and up in the mountains. Most of them were not so ferocious as the creatures we had just encountered, of course, but equally agile and alert. Certainly more than enough to hone my skills on."

Gently stroking their mustache in thought, eventually Mauricio asks, "And yourself? Where did you learn your skills?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2015, 11:50:05 am »

James translates their replies, while gesturing for Vorlak to settle down. He looks at the other two, face grim.

"Those sound like lycanthropes to me - werewolves, werebears and weresharks. I don't know about the rest of the group, but I don't really have any means on hand to fight such a creature, if legends about their endurance against weapons not made of silver are true.

It also worries me that they deliberately hunt down thinking creatures for sport - for there's nothing stopping them from doing the same to us."

James glances between his companions and the lizardmen in the tunnels.

"I think we should return their weapons to them. Doing so might earn a bit more of their trust. These aren't their home tunnels, so they might be willing to let us have them."

he speaks Draconian again to address the lizardmen.

"We are no skinchangers, and I think they would hunt our tribe as gladly as they hunt yours. We need shelter, and friends in this new land. The ones in your deeper tunnels... do they make their own way in, or are they trapped there now? If they were removed, would your caves be safe for you once more?"

((James is letting the others know what he's saying to the lizardmen.))
"This is not good at all. Give them their weapons and ask them how they protect themselves against the lycantrophes. Do they just hide or do they have means of fighting them? I won't lose men to creatures of the night if we can help it. We need a makeshift shelter by the end of the day. And allies apparently. Tell them that we are here to cooperate and that if they don't believe us that they can see the boats on the beach, confirming that we are new to these lands. Also tell them that we are willing to cooperate with their tribe since we mean no immediate threat."

Arioch looks at Vorlak.

"Take a more neutral position in front of us, friend. Wouldn't want to scare them."

((Maybe we can use the cave they're in for this night? Suddenly I don't feel like camping outside during nighttime.))

James:

You return their weapons to them and you see kind of what they look like. They're about the size of a human and are quite lanky and lack any proper clothing outside of a harness to which you assume is to carry their kills from hunts.

James:

Mauricio turns to his newfound companion after their little encounter and shrugs, looking rather unconcerned about the entire ordeal. "Quite odd, don't you agree? I did not expect badgers to grow quite so large and deadly. I wonder what it eats? Surely it has to consume plenty of food to sustain its massive bulk and prodigious strength. However I think that we have more important matters to attend to at the moment. After we find a suitable place for the colony to set up then we can investigate further. As such we should we should continue our search along a different path. Agreed?"

((Absolutely adorable? Tired and exhausted? Yeah, I'm not getting as much sleep as I should either. Appropriate avatar is appropriate.))
Regaining his breath, Martijn says Indeed. Only a fool engages such a beast if given a chance - I regret the loss of my dagger, though. I doubt I will have the opportunity to replenish my stock soon. It is a pity to leave such a ferocious beast at large, especially given it must be near the end of its life. Still, down the sand-path it is.

Follow the beach further on. Assuming Mauricio follows, say that was quite a fine shot. Have you had much practice with the bow in the past?
The two of you follow down the beach for another hour and watch it end, slowly turn into a marsh, but you can easily get into the woods from here as the cliff face is completely gone.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2015, 12:00:25 pm »

Directed at the creatures, Arioch talks to them.

"I believe it would be beneficial for our tribes to maintain communication, lest more undesirable results happen when our tribes meet due to misunderstandings. Would an envoy from your tribe be a proper suggestion? It may be that if we pool our knowledge together we may be able to start banishing these creatures. Tell your leaders of my suggestion."

Arioch now directs the other party members.

"We should start heading back. We should be ready to move and set up by evening. However I am worried about the surroundings. I think it best for you two to meet up with the other scouts and scout some more before darkness falls. I'll stay back with the fellow back there and my friend with the Roc to protect the people and start moving things towards here. Sounds fair I presume?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2015, 12:43:10 pm »

James looks at Arioch for a long moment as he makes his suggestions - bordering on orders - including him staying behind in safety. After another moment, the slender man shrugs.

"I suppose that's reasonable, and between you and your pets, it splits those able to fight well somewhat fairly. That said, I'd like to talk with our new friends for a few minutes more and see what they can quickly tell us."

James talks to the lizardmen in Draconian

"Thank you for your generosity and willingness to discuss with us. As my companion suggests, it would be good if there was an envoy from your tribe, that we can work together better. Should troubles come, I believe your tribe would be welcome to shelter with our own.

What can you tell us of the lands around us? Are there places to be avoided at all costs, or others where the hunting is good?"

((James is basically just quizzing them for a local's view of the surroundings, landmarks, oddities, anything else that can give them a rough idea of what's around them.))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:00:46 pm by Hanzoku »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 86