Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108281 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2015, 03:53:29 am »

James chuckles a little as he turns with his back to the wall so he can direct his attention both ways.

"I don't think I can fully express how little I care about offending the gods. I'm James. I was a... mercenary back home. I have a little experience with summoned creatures, but I take it Vorlak doesn't up and disappear after a minute or two?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2015, 04:22:56 am »

"Why don't you ask him yourself? He can talk after all and that is proper manners."

Arioch chuckles quietly.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2015, 05:10:13 am »

James raises his eyebrows and then bows his head to the tiger-shaped being.

"Sentient as well? You are a rare find. I'm pleased to meet you and your partner, Vorlak."

Glancing back at Arioch, James continues quietly

"Given your instructions to Vorlak, I take it you're looking to the long term here. Planning on taking a position of power?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:31 am »

"You could say so. I have some degree of past experience in doing this kind of thing. It is not safe for my brother and I in the old world so we must set up quickly, lest other nations decide we're an eyesore. What brings you to these unexplored lands, James?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2015, 05:35:21 am »

James face becomes a cold mask.

"The Iscaarians. You know about their whole racial purity, human dominance mania I assume?"

At Arioch's nod, he continues.

"My homeland, the Kingdom of Miriramond was... or is, depending on how you view the occupation, rather accepting of those with a bit different in their bloodline. As you can tell from my eyes, there was a dragon way back in the family tree, and there were plenty of others with divine or infernal ancestors, or mixed parantage with elves for example.

On back twenty years ago, Iscaaria finally got pissed enough about the 'pollution of the divine blood of humanity' and decided to do something about it. The Kingdom held on for a good twenty years, but with something as big as Iscaaria pounding on you, eventually something gives. With the royal family dead and Iscaaria starting to murder everyone they called a 'mongrel', it was high time to get out, which is how I found myself on a boat sailing into the unknown - it beat what I was leaving behind."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 05:42:31 am »

"Ah, a survivor from the Miriamond campaign. Nasty business that was. Never did like the Iscaarians. Couldn't have a proper conversation with one of their ambassadors without them mentioning gods every second word. I was an ambassador too once. A long time ago."

Arioch taps James on the shoulder.

"Well don't worry too much about it. I'm on the run as well. If we set up properly they'll have a hard time reaching us. I can't imagine they'll like my view of the gods either."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2015, 11:10:44 am »

((That was you? Ooops, my bad. I guess we do know each other a bit after all.))

Grab the javelins as stealthily as possible and return to the cave entrance.
(15+11) (16+9) You sneak up and grab the javelins and work your way out. You get closer to the entrance and...

James hear the whisper behind him, and for a moment thinks it is directed to him. Then he hears something else moving and whips around, pupils contracting to slits as he faces into the light and sees his other companion talking to something that his adjusting eyes weren't seeing that well yet.

Sword raised defensively, he hisses. "What in the hells?! Where did that come from?"
The exclamation (because it takes a minute to summon the eidolon) and the follow-up conversation echoes from the entrance of the cave. (?) (?) (?) Ritiki turns to look behind him as he hears two of them waking up. They garble something in a language not known to you, but it echoes to the cave entrance. (19+4) James hears it clearly as speaking in draconic:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They scramble to grab their gear, but they don't see Ritiki sneak out with their crude javelins.

Arioch and James see the ratfolk quickly and quietly walking out and carrying three javelins.

"Why don't you ask him yourself? He can talk after all and that is proper manners."

Arioch chuckles quietly.
The creature speaks in a hushed tone.
"I think your conversation has stirred the slumber of something. Maybe now is not the time for pleasantries..."

The creature prepares to pounce the ratfolk, but stays until the command of his companion says otherwise

James:

((Also, this is new dice. My last one was used in a RL game and I got accused of cheating by using loaded dice (the ones that rolled crits like mad). These don't seen that much better))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:20:36 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2015, 11:17:25 am »

Martijn looks curiously at his companion's silence, then turns around and goes into the forest, muttering who needs luck anyway, huh? before raising his voice well, are you coming? Luck favour us, this forest must have shelter somewhere.

Keep an eye out for shelter.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2015, 11:19:12 am »

James eyes narrow as he hears the voices echo out of the cave

"Damn, we weren't quiet enough, they're coming out. I can talk to them, or interpret."

James readies his weapon, when the lizardmen approach, he will shout in Draconic "Stay you hand, a dragon-blooded will speak with you!"

((I'll fix text color later, posting from my phone))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:12:54 am by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2015, 11:56:59 am »

Martijn looks curiously at his companion's silence, then turns around and goes into the forest, muttering who needs luck anyway, huh? before raising his voice well, are you coming? Luck favour us, this forest must have shelter somewhere.
you
Keep an eye out for shelter.
You head into the forest with the man who's description exceeds nothing short of "dandy". (15+6) (14+6) (7+6) Both of you stop dead in your tracks after going about 30 minutes into the forest as you both hear the sounds of something coming your way.

Before you get the chance to say anything, you spot two badgers coming out of the woods. They look hostile but they're badgers, nothing too intimidating.

You quickly eat those words as a badger that's the size of a pony run through the woods and appears, growling at you!

(12+5) (12+3)

The big badger goes first and moves up, but given the thick forest, it stops 10ft from you. One of the badgers gets 10' away from you as well. The last badger is 25' away.

The forest counts as difficult terrain.

Martijn takes his turn and Mauricio takes his after him.

"Damn, we weren't quiet enough, they're coming out. I can talk to them, or interpret."

James readies his weapon, when the lizardmen approach, he will shout in Draconic "Stay you hand, a dragon-blooded will speak with you!"

Ritiki stumbles out of the cave and the creatures come out. They're about the same size as you but lanky, and they stop at the sunlight, before James and Arioch can see them.

James:

They look hostile but very scared at the same time.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2015, 11:59:59 am »

Ritiki fled the cave as quickly as he could on his stubby legs.

"What all the yelling about, eh? Was almost gone and then you woke them! Least I got their weapons first..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »

((Waitlist if'n ya don't mind.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2015, 12:30:42 pm »

Aim, and throw a dagger at the huge badger, aiming for its eyes. Abruptly turn around and shout run for your life! as I sprint back towards the beach.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 01:33:46 pm »

James grunts. "Excellent acoustics, we were whispering or talking quietly."

He translates their words for the others, then speaks to the lizardmen in Draconian.

"I am no skinchanger, and my companion is no magical construct. He was born of his people as you were born of yours. We come from far away, beyond the water. My companion took your weapons so that we would talk first instead of blindly spill blood.

Tell me of these skinchangers, for they sound a deadly enemy."

James also translates for anything the others wish to say.

((If we start fighting, I have low light vision and the tunnel should be low light for some distance from the entrance.))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:13:16 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2015, 02:01:04 pm »

((Vorlak has darkvision so no issue on his end.))

"Ask them whether they fancy taking on Vorlak with bare hands."
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86