Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108269 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

As they walk along the beach, Martijn answers Mauricio's question with as much courtesy as he received, though with a certain wry twist to his lips.

The bird is a Roc, my friend, but as to its relation with Kylie I'm not sure. I wasn't much interested in a bird when there was such pleasant company aboard, even if my sociable intentions have yet to be returned. If you want to know more, you ought to ask my brother, the rather commanding one from back there.

They reach the crossroads.

What do you say we toss a coin to see which way we go? Maybe we'll get lucky.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 01:46:10 pm »

James shakes his head at the cliffs and more cliffs they've encountered, and looks around independently of the other two for a different set of eyes on things.

Perception check to search for anything interesting in the area like cave entrances, easier paths to the top, or anything else of interest

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 07:27:15 pm »

Walk around looking. Perception check.

"We need an easy to reach shelter. That means no climbing steep cliffs."
James shakes his head at the cliffs and more cliffs they've encountered, and looks around independently of the other two for a different set of eyes on things.

Perception check to search for anything interesting in the area like cave entrances, easier paths to the top, or anything else of interest
Ritiki gazed up at the towering cliff face. "Let us be hoping the other team is having better luck, eh?"

Aid Arioch's Perception check. +3 on his check if successful.

(FUMBLE) ((Wow... First roll of the game. This can't be good)) Ritiki attempts to aid Arioch but instead ends up hindering him (-2 to perception roll). (2+1-2) (6+4) (16+4) ((I added Ritiki to look because I assume he'd look himself having failed the aid))  Neither of you find anything of note, and Ritiki stumbling around trying to help Arioch caused him to only be a hindrance. Going on his own, however, he notices a spot in the cliff face that hid an alcove behind some fallen or broken off rocks that lead into the cliff face, revealing an opening behind some heavier stones. You think that someone with more muscle mass than you could move the rocks enough to get inside.

Or you could just climb over since the opening towards the upper part, as the rocks seem to barely have enough opening for you to squeeze into.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »

((I'm pretty sure this belongs in Forum Games and Roleplaying.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 07:45:05 pm »

((I'm pretty sure this belongs in Forum Games and Roleplaying.))
((I'm pretty sure its perfectly fine, as with my last game being on this board.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133869.0 if you don't believe me))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 07:52:23 pm »

(( Get some new dice, highmax .__. ))

"Comrades, found something blocked with rocks! Might be a cave, yes? If you stronger types can start moving the stones aside I can squeeze in to take a look around."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2015, 12:56:19 am »

James jogs back from where he had been looking and stares at the opening. "Huh, Good find, Ritiki." he compliments.

Setting his crossbow aside, he studies the piled rocks and then begins to remove them in the order that seems least likely to cause the pile to collapse onto him.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 01:04:29 am »

James jogs back from where he had been looking and stares at the opening. "Huh, Good find, Ritiki." he compliments.

Setting his crossbow aside, he studies the piled rocks and then begins to remove them in the order that seems least likely to cause the pile to collapse onto him.
(16+3) You push the rocks out of the way, revealing a tunnel barely 7' tall. Its dark, but Ritiki with his darkvision can see down it and see that it gets wider in size as it goes deeper in, and it seems to lower into the ground more, and from the distance you see, it goes down 5' and curves a bit towards the side. Its a tight squeeze, but you think if its cleared of anything possibly nasty, there might be enough room for everyone to have shelter. And the stones provide a perfect barrier if moved properly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 01:22:32 am »

((How does James know Ritiki's name when we were on different ships and introductions haven't been made? Oh well.))
"I'll sneak in, make sure nothing nasty lurks. We Ratkin light on our feet and can see in dark better than most."

Scout ahead!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 01:48:11 am »

((How does James know Ritiki's name when we were on different ships and introductions haven't been made? Oh well.))
"I'll sneak in, make sure nothing nasty lurks. We Ratkin light on our feet and can see in dark better than most."

Scout ahead!
((No idea. Maybe you talked a bit on the way there? Feel free to retcon that, because I agree, it doesn't make sense))
You scout ahead alone. (CRIT) You sneak in so silently that the two not-kin barely even notice that you moved at all until you're already inside and away from their view.

It goes on a ways but it opens up into a 9' tall area and quite large and deep. However, you spot three humanoid figures sleeping. The size of their eyes reveal they are cave dwellers with crests and skin like lizards. The fact you see some tools and some primitive javelins leaned up against a wall reveal they are sentient in some way. The fact they're mostly naked though shows they're not sophisticated. They don't seem to wake up.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 01:54:57 am »

((Huh? *goes and double checks* Nope, we were on the third ship with USEC_OFFICER's Mauricio. James is the guy with the headband in scale mail that nodded politely to you as we approached the shore. James wasn't in total withdrawal during the trip, so I'm guessing we said hello and exchanged names at some point during the trek.))

James peers into the darkness with the light from the entrance. After a moment, he draws his longsword and waits just inside the entrance.

"If you get caught, give some warning as you run back to us, yes? I'd hate to swing at you by accident."

If Ritiki looks back, he'll see James' golden eyes shining, cat-like in the dim light from the tunnel entrance.

James stands sentry inside the cave mouth, letting his eyes adapt to the low light inside before it turns to total darkness.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:57:32 am by Hanzoku »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 02:31:07 am »

((That was you? Ooops, my bad. I guess we do know each other a bit after all.))

Grab the javelins as stealthily as possible and return to the cave entrance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2015, 03:05:11 am »

Summon Eidolon.

Arioch whispers

"Do not attack anything that doesn't attack us. If we come across any sentient enemies, I would like to have a word first. Getting manpower to rebuild is a priority."

((First a fumble and now a crit? I agree, time for new dice.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 03:17:16 am »

James hear the whisper behind him, and for a moment thinks it is directed to him. Then he hears something else moving and whips around, pupils contracting to slits as he faces into the light and sees his other companion talking to something that his adjusting eyes weren't seeing that well yet.

Sword raised defensively, he hisses. "What in the hells?! Where did that come from?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2015, 03:24:05 am »

Arioch turns around and glares at his hissing companion before quickly taking more neutral eyes.

Raising a hand towards him, he answers.

"Worry not, friend. It is not aggressive unless it's about me. However it is a dangerous creature that cannot be slain permanently, I advise you to not attack it. And no, it does not offend any god you might think of. "

From behind Arioch a pure white tiger without a tail and stripes emerges. It has an extremely thick fur, covering most of its body to the point you can't tell where its muzzle is. One part is fully open with no fur to cover it however, and that is the eyes. They are very dark blue and the irises horrifyingly small. It looks at James with careful eyes.

"I don't believe I've introduced myself. My name is Arioch and this is Vorlak."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86