Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108255 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((But how did we survive an ocean trek completely exposed to the elements, and with no protection for our rations/food?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That's why I assumed it was the basic longship from the SRD. The one on the left without the option for siege weapons. As it is, if there was a divine caster on each ship, keeping food from spoiling and plenty of fresh water on hand is no problem in Pathfinder.

I doubt the trip was what any of us would have called 'pleasant'.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((I'll keep that in mind in future postings concerning the longships.))
((It's just these ones are cheaply made. Refugees and nationless people aren't wealthy))

((That's why I assumed it was the basic longship from the SRD. The one on the left without the option for siege weapons. As it is, if there was a divine caster on each ship, keeping food from spoiling and plenty of fresh water on hand is no problem in Pathfinder.

I doubt the trip was what any of us would have called 'pleasant'.))
((Plenty of spell casters aboard. Needless to say, the trek was terrible))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((So what does the land look like, highmax?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And are we there yet? :P

I wanna get off the boat.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 02:41:26 pm »

Within the hour, everyone prepares to make landfall. As you do so, a huge eagle-like monster comes to the side of the red haired woman with a longbow in the ship she's in, startling the men and women on the ship. Its large beak holds a small rodent-like animal, probably pulled from the land. She pets the beast who grabs her by the arms and she jumps off as you get close, using the eagle-like creature to glide towards the shore ahead of the others to lead the ship away from the others landing. Ewan leaps from the ship with the other crew and ties it down, but doesn't let it fully hit land so the animals won't run away. The crew on the last ship do the same as well, pulling the boat into the shore.

The air is cool from the sea-breeze, and the sun has risen showing midway through morning. The shore is a mixture of sand and small stones and extends about fifteen feet before turning to a 10' steep incline to a thick brush of coniferous trees. The beach curves about fifty feet down to the left facing the wood and thirty feet to the right before both start to turn inland.

Ewan does a headcount and counts 37 people left... Out of 50, if you only count the three ships you came on. Otherwise, the amount of those dead and missing has reached an amount too steep.

The stranger in the cloak finds his hat that he misplaced during the voyage under some junk and puts it on. His hood now thrown back, he is a tall human with a light brown mustache and beard. Putting his cloak back, he looks very well kept despite the voyage.

The huge bird takes flight again and circles the sky.

Ewan looks around and studies the area.

"I don't think this place would be best for us to stay the night, even if we're going to have temporary shelter."

He points to everyone carrying weapons.

"Since you're all armed, could you scout out the area? The forest, the beachside, anywhere. We need somewhere to stay for the night. You have plenty of time, but please be back to give us some time to pack our stuff up and go. Beachside we can use the ships for and get there faster, but that cliff face doesn't bode well. The forest is thick and probably has plenty of ways to find shelter, but we wouldn't have anywhere for the animals to be.

It would be ideal if you found a way up that doesn't involve a climb, but if we can find shelter to just stay for, like a cave or something, that would help."

There are pretty much three areas to go towards. Left beachside, right beachside and up the cliff face. Where do you go?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 03:48:09 pm »

Arioch turns around and looks at the surrounding area. He turned towards Ewan.

"I don't know who you are. However what you speak is true. Be sure to be ready to move immediately once a shelter is found. Kylie, stay here and help this good man and protect the people. If something happens, send your familiar in our direction."

Arioch then steps up and addresses the larger mass of people.

"Listen up, we'll need to move quickly. These are unknown lands and anything could happen. As such I would appreciate it if you were cooperative to my associate." Wave hand towards Kylie "She will ask you a few questions and whether you have a trade you can put to use or any complaints."

After looking at the people and their reaction, Arioch nods towards Kylie. Afterwards he waits in front of the group for the other weapon bearers.

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »

James looks left and right, then at the woman with her monsterous eagle companion.

"That cliff is impossible for the animals and the weaker of the passengers. Maybe you can get up with your pet and look around, but for me, I'll start scouting to the left. Any of you that want to come with me, feel free."

Done talking, he straps on his buckler, hefts his backpack onto his back and cocks his crossbow, walking towards the forest on the left with a steady pace.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:50:14 pm by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »

Martijn shrugs, looking both ways along the beach. As he moves off to the right, he gives a smile and wink to Kylie.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 05:51:20 pm »

Mauricio Del Bosque takes his hat off of his head and gives Ewan a low and formal bow. "Of course. It would be an honour to assist after coming all of this way!" He then carefully removes his bow from its case and strings it, knowing that it might come in handy while scouting the area. Perhaps he'll run into some animal worth hunting. Only after he has triple-checked that he has all of his equipment does Mauricio jump off of the ship and wade to the shore.

After a moment's decision, he heads to the right beachside to explore. With a companionable nod he asks Martijn, "Ah... It is good to have firm ground underneath our feet once again. I wonder what kind of fascinating and interesting creatures we will meet? That odd bird that belongs to the woman is certainly unusual. Tell me, do you by chance know anything about it? I was hoping to learn more about it during the voyage but alas, fate conspired against me and I was unable to."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 05:55:46 pm »

Arioch sighs and mutters "I suppose nobody knows proper etiquette nowadays."

He then turns towards Martjin and shouts at him. "Martjin, go that way. If you encounter any problems you do not think you can handle, run. Don't even think about doing what you did last time. I'll go the other way."

Afterwards Arioch goes towards the left side.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »

Ritiki loaded his crossbow and grabbed a couple bundles of extra bolts before turning to his family.

"Stay near the Captain. He'll keep you safe." He decided to scout to the left.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 12:34:05 pm »

Left Beach Party: (James, Arioch and Ritiki)
The three of you head down the beach towards the left from where you started. You head down the fifty foot stretch of beach and follow it as it continues, the cliff face slowly getting higher as you continue. By the hour mark of scouting, the cliff face spikes in height from 15' to a whopping 50' cliff face and the beach turns to cliff face as you go past it with no footing whatsoever. Looking past the rocky cliff face shows only more cliff face. It took you two hours to walk to this area and on a first glance, nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Right Beach Party: (Mauricio and Martijn)
The two of you walk down the path and watch as the cliff face doesn't change in height but rather the incline seems to change. You eventually, at roughly the hour and a half mark, find a crossroad of sorts. The beach continues but there seems to be an incline that cuts right from the beach into the woods. The beach seems to get narrower as you go along.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 01:02:18 pm »

Walk around looking. Perception check.

"We need an easy to reach shelter. That means no climbing steep cliffs."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 01:14:52 pm »

Ritiki gazed up at the towering cliff face. "Let us be hoping the other team is having better luck, eh?"

Aid Arioch's Perception check. +3 on his check if successful.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 86