Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108448 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #825 on: March 21, 2016, 10:18:55 am »

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

He switches to Common in order to ask one of the other guards to gather the remaining leaders, then speaks to the newcomer that appears to be in charge:

"You may wait here, in the cave entrance. We're getting some of the others to come and speak so that we can all make an agreement. Your people will be safer here than out in the open."
They look at you and continue to move the ship onto land.

The others arrive with the other guard
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 21, 2016, 10:27:51 am »

"What the blazes is going on now? Who the hell are you? Are you the ones that lost a man in the marches?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 22, 2016, 10:16:11 am »

"What the blazes is going on now? Who the hell are you? Are you the ones that lost a man in the marches?"
They look solemn as one of them speaks up. His accent is thick ((Greek accent))

"We lost a lot of men and women... I do not doubt it was one of us..."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 23, 2016, 05:32:39 am »

"Now that everyone's here... Warriors of Atherta and Aryam, we are pleased that you have found your way here, and overcome the trials you faced. That you carry the blades of so many wererat foes is a sign of your skill in battle."

Jehane gestures to the scorched and burned area of the cave entrance

"We too have been fighting this foe, beating back their attempt to harm the civilians in the caves behind us. Before that, we slew a patrol of the duplicitous beasts when they attempted ambush us, despite our attempt to parley with them. We know the sort of foe that they are, and know that they need to be dealt with."

Now, she gestures to the wererat skins some of them are wearing

"However, not all the natives of this land are like the wererats. We have encountered werewolves and wearbears that are willing to cooperate with us, and we have arranged a meeting with them soon to formalize an alliance. To war against a tribe of thieves and murderers like the wererats can gain us honor and respect from the other tribes. However... wearing their skins, no matter how protective they may be... can only mark us as monsters ourselves. Should word spread, rumors such as 'invaders from beyond the sea have arrived, and seek to slay us all. They even skin the dead and wear their skin and skulls!'... we will only find enemies in these wide lands, and turn those who would otherwise be our allies in founding a new home here against us. Therefore, I ask that you remove those wererat skins."

Jehane tries to Diplomatically convince them to do so.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 23, 2016, 09:39:21 am »

Tap Jehane's shoulder and cast Guidance on her diplomacy roll.

"He speaks true. Not all on our side or their side are vagabonds. Some of them can be reasoned with. I understand you lost a lot of people too, and these measures are to make sure we don't lose even more."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2016, 01:08:35 pm »

((Is Jehane still hiding her sex from everyone? I didn't really catch it, except for the hiding the brand))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 23, 2016, 01:29:26 pm »

Quote from: Hanzoku
((Yup, just had that whole sleeping thing in-between. Jehane most definitely put the headband back on - before coming in sight of the boat. Sharing it with people she is starting to trust is one thing, she still has her reasons not to flash it around for the world to see.))

((So yes, she is hiding her gender from what I understand from this post from when she told us.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 23, 2016, 02:12:20 pm »

((She's not shouting it to the world, but she isn't hiding her gender anymore. The brand, she is keeping under wraps.))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:29:13 pm by Hanzoku »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »

((Bump. Busy as well, highmax? :D))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 25, 2016, 02:04:22 pm »

((Bump. Busy as well, highmax? :D))
((Busy and mythweavers keeps not loading or not loading properly... Every time I tried to do it, things wouldn't show. Sorry about the delay))

(13+9+1) They have mixed looks when a woman speaks up.

"If your words are true, and we will have allies if we cast this aside, I'll be glad to be rid of this. Sadly, we lack anything better aboard this ship; we came with only leather armor. We're more used to chainmail and such, but we don't have the resources or the talent to make it. We heard lycanthrope hide is tough, which is why we did what we did. It doesn't help us that much however when our enemy has weapons that cleave right through it...

I'm sure you would have done the same if you were fighting them for a week straight."

The woman takes the armor off as quickly as she can and drops it before you.

"Do whatever you want with it. I don't know if everyone here agrees with me, but I have no complaints. If having less protection means we won't be fighting alone anymore, then so be it."

Her clothes seem torn and stained with blood that you guess is a mixture of her own and others, given the scabs and scars plaguing her body.

The others finish their work with the ship and also discard their armor. Njord looks very relieved once they're finished.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 25, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »

Going out in front, Arioch speaks up.

"All's well that ends well. I apologize to spring this up on you right as you found refuge, but as you correctly assumed, this location has been compromised. We were just about to move to a place we've decided upon this morning using the longboats. Feel free to rest and introduce yourselves while we set things up."

Arioch looks at her torn clothing with understanding.

"I think we even have a tailor among us."

Next he goes over to Njord and with a warm and slightly enthusiastic hand shakes his.

"Greetings. I'm understanding that you're the one that spoke to our sentries from what the messenger said? My name is Arioch. Current chief diplomat in the alliance negotiations. Might I interest you for a cup of boiled water and herbs? I can imagine the journey was arduous and I'm eager to hear of your exploits."

Arioch's mood is visibly brightened at the thought of nearly a dozen battle hardened veterans joining us. His bluff about a vast army might as well be true now.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 25, 2016, 03:13:39 pm »

Jehane offers her hand to the first woman to discard the armor in a firm warrior's handshake.

"You can be assured that you have allies here. We have healers who can look your injuries, over, and divine casters who can heal the worst injured if needed. While we don't have access to the mines yet, it's one of our highest priorities. We know there is silver there, and once we find iron, I'm sure we'll forge armor aplenty for everyone who needs it.

My name is Jehane, and we welcome you.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »

Jehane offers her hand to the first woman to discard the armor in a firm warrior's handshake.

"You can be assured that you have allies here. We have healers who can look your injuries, over, and divine casters who can heal the worst injured if needed. While we don't have access to the mines yet, it's one of our highest priorities. We know there is silver there, and once we find iron, I'm sure we'll forge armor aplenty for everyone who needs it.

My name is Jehane, and we welcome you.

"You may call me Koralia.

For the most part, our wounds are fine. It wouldn't hurt to have some of the others checked out, however."

Going out in front, Arioch speaks up.

"All's well that ends well. I apologize to spring this up on you right as you found refuge, but as you correctly assumed, this location has been compromised. We were just about to move to a place we've decided upon this morning using the longboats. Feel free to rest and introduce yourselves while we set things up."

Arioch looks at her torn clothing with understanding.

"I think we even have a tailor among us."

Next he goes over to Njord and with a warm and slightly enthusiastic hand shakes his.

"Greetings. I'm understanding that you're the one that spoke to our sentries from what the messenger said? My name is Arioch. Current chief diplomat in the alliance negotiations. Might I interest you for a cup of boiled water and herbs? I can imagine the journey was arduous and I'm eager to hear of your exploits."

Arioch's mood is visibly brightened at the thought of nearly a dozen battle hardened veterans joining us. His bluff about a vast army might as well be true now.
"Yes, that was indeed me.

I am Njord Spellmeyer, and I must apologize for what has happened. I think because of our skirmishes with the wererats that you had to suffer. They fear my magic, and they know that I can kill them easily with it. They kept screaming something about forbidden magic? I guess they have never met anyone who was born with magic in his blood such as myself."

A mongoose pops his head out of his bag and starts to sniff at him ear.

"I think something to eat and drink would indeed be a wonderful idea. We've been running on empty for over a day now. If we didn't find the smoke during the night, we would have spent most of our time hunting or gathering.

Poor Wes here barely had anything to eat himself ever since..."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 26, 2016, 04:32:53 am »

Arioch enthusiastically nods at Njord's statements.

"Aye, aye. I know what you mean. We scared them so badly with my forbidden magic that they didn't dare attack twice. I am only a conjuror of cheap tricks though. I imagine your repertoire is qute more extensive."

He leads them to some drinks and snacks for refreshement. If Vorlak isn't summoned he does so.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 26, 2016, 01:48:57 pm »

You do so.

The new arrivals get antiquated quite quickly and eat very quickly and voraciously. Njord tries to keep his manners but his mouth keeps watering as he eats, tears almost going down his eyes.

Vorlak is summoned now. What do you plan to do now? Start packing up, visit the wererats or something else entirely?

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86