Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: New version hype thread  (Read 7168 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: New version hype thread
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 09:40:18 pm »

Kill the soapmaker. Or draft them.

Waaaaait....

Yes... Lead the [CENSORED] to victory over the filthy goblins!

Edit: NO CAN'T SPOIL IT FOR ZE NEWBS
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:52:17 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 09:58:48 pm »

A human adventurer an elf and a goblin walk into a tavern
No one survives
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:02:11 pm by Anonymax »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 10:19:23 pm »

When will it come? I can't wait to do all sorts of performances, write books, temples, taverns, festivals, scholars, knowledge savanna, fixed sieges and morale and bandits I can hardly sleep! In fact I cannot. Which explains how I'm writing this. :P
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 10:29:26 pm »

Now getting werecurses/vampirism will be a lot easier so i won't have to search everywhere for a guy wearing elf bone bracelets.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 11:32:35 pm »

When will it come? I can't wait to do all sorts of performances, write books, temples, taverns, festivals, scholars, knowledge savanna, fixed sieges and morale and bandits I can hardly sleep! In fact I cannot. Which explains how I'm writing this. :P
The update? In a few days. No specific date is set, only "A few days."

I can't wait for it either. I hope it isn't too buggy on release.  :o

EDIT: Looked around a bit and found THIS on Twitter.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:55:33 pm by EuphoriaToRegret »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 01:06:42 am »

I wants the libraries more than anything else. I want to have reams and reams of paper filled with all of the world's knowledge stored safely away in my fortress.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 01:10:18 am »

I'm kind of just hyped for all of it, PARTICULARLY the less crashes hope. I'll even disable DFhack if I have to, I just want my less crashes \o\

The having people ask to become members of your fort though is probably my number 1 want, because that kind of sounds amazing.

...never been through a DF release?

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 01:11:13 am »

I wants the libraries more than anything else. I want to have reams and reams of paper filled with all of the world's knowledge stored safely away in my fortress.

Just hope your fort doesn't end up like the Library of Alexandria  :P

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 01:55:29 am »

I'm kind of just hyped for all of it, PARTICULARLY the less crashes hope. I'll even disable DFhack if I have to, I just want my less crashes \o\

The having people ask to become members of your fort though is probably my number 1 want, because that kind of sounds amazing.

Nope, first one. I started playing properly around the time of the r16 LNP. I'm expecting spectacular crashes, but still.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:16 am »

Nope, first one. I started playing properly around the time of the r16 LNP. I'm expecting spectacular crashes, but still.

Big releases usually come with MORE bugs/crashes rather than less, and are followed by weeks of smaller updates and fixes. There will be no DFhack, Dwarf Therapist or LNP until we get to a stable version.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 05:30:23 am »

Big releases usually come with MORE bugs/crashes rather than less, and are followed by weeks of smaller updates and fixes. There will be no DFhack, Dwarf Therapist or LNP until we get to a stable version.
Always fun playing without therapist, DFhack is nice. I still have my favourite TAFFER tileset and colours pretty much ready to go.

StumpytheOzzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 05:44:35 am »

So this release had a vague reference to 60 hours... which is just about up. So hopefully by the time I get to work tomorrow it'll be out!

I'm so spoilt. I can't play without therapist... And DFHack is so handy... and Quickfort and and and...

My brother is always making fun of me for not playing vanilla and the last 2 releases he was sending me screenshots and stories of his forts while I just cried.

Maybe it's time to learn to play pure vanilla.
Jesus doesn't embark in terrifying biomes, and these forums certainly count.

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:49 am »

Libraries are the thing I most look forward to, places where I may store my books of cleansing fire.

Not books about fire - on fire.

They shall burn.

All shall burn.

Folks, I think we have a new adventure mode accomplishment or goal: to cleanse the libraries of world from the filthy works infesting them. Filth here being defined as anything combustible.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:49 am »

*Glance at DF icon on desktop*

*goes to bay12 site out of curiousity*

*sees next release is imminent*

*dies of joy-related heart attack*
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 07:20:37 am »

When will it come out? Refresh lag :P
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7