Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dungeon Fortress (Community Game) [42.04] (Players needed!)  (Read 5535 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress (Community Game) [42.03] (Players needed!)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »

"The Desert of Killing"

Truly a perfect place for a dungeon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »

Prologue

Call me Sanctume, I'm neither here nor there; but I may be witness or historian or architect or wordsmith or spinner of tale on what is about to unfold.

I no particular order, the founding seven dwarves embarked on a journey to the site of the Outpost, ‘Dungeonfortune’ (Edirakam). 

The group calling themselves ‘The Guilds of Bars’ (Domas Ish) consists of:

Urist is both a proficient miner and weaponsmith and brings along a copper pick and an iron anvil.

Bembul is both a proficient miner and armorsmith, and insists embarking with a copper pick, and ores of bituminous coal, tetrahedrite, cassiterite, and bismuth.

Id is a proficient grower and metal crafter who insisted in bringing bags of plump helmet spawns, rock nuts, cave wheat seeds, sweet pod seed, pig tail seeds, and dimple cup seeds.  Id will dabble in brewing and cooking, but just in case, plenty of booze and meat and vegetables are loaded in the wagon.

Dodok is a proficient carpenter with a novice interests in architecture, wood crafting, as well as scholarly interests in teaching and being a student.

Catten is a proficient mechanic with novice administrative skills in appraisal, organizing, as well as scholarly interests in teaching and being a student.  Gabbro stones are taken along.

Fikod is a proficient mason with novice skills in animal handling, animal training, butcher, tanner, and leather working.  Some animals are taken along the journey: a tom cat, three pairs of dogs, and three pairs of turkeys.

Sazir is proficient in axe, takes a novice interest in wood cutting, has scholarly interests in teaching and student, and a novice interest in military discipline.  A training axe is taken along with the expectation of having a real axe made later.

Chapter 1

Spring

Catten, the mechanic with scholarly interests in architecture and land management surveyed the site of Dungeonfortune.  Marking and dividing the site in `regions’ of three square rows by three square columns, results in a conclusion that each region is forty-eight steps west to east, and forty-eight steps north so south. 

Catten: Perfect enough.

Urists: Where do I start digging?

Catten continues to make calculations: Within a 48x48, I can fit “11x11 rooms” separated by walls, in a 3x3 configuration, and enough to surround it with a 2-wide moat.”

Spoiler: Land Plan (click to show/hide)

Urists: Uh huh, so this here?

Catten continues:  And there will be a seven-wide road in between each of the regions.

Sazir: I’m going to just clear cut everything.

Id: Sazir, please leave some of the fruit bearing trees standing.  I also want my farm room excavated sooner.

Bembul: Can I dig now?  I need to secure my anvil and these ores.

Fikod: The animals are pastured, and I will have two pairs of hunting dogs and a pair of war dogs.  Dodok, I need three nest boxes and a door.

Dodok: Dig my wood shop first, I’d like to have beds and tables done first.

Summer

Spoiler: Fortress Proper (click to show/hide)

It is mid-summer when some migrants arrive with children.

The anticipation for the autumn caravan have started the building of the trade depot in a convenient dig site under this very short hill. 

The exposed sides of the wood shop is walled with logs and a bridge is built to cross the dry moat.  Parts of the wood shop is also roofed with logs, and the log walls are being erected above.

All the ores have been smelted into bismuth bronze bars. 
Urist created ten bismuth bronze giant axe blades to either use for the caravan trade, or be used for traps. 

The aquifer breach has not begun because the efforts are focused on establishing Dungeonfortune’s footprint, defense and logistic support of: food, shelter, and clothing. 

One of the new migrants is a candidate to help Id grow the crops and to catch up in planting pig tails.  Although the new migrant may be a candidate for plant gathering, this endeavor will be put on hold.

Our dining hall consists of six pairs of tables and chair in the same room as the kitchen and still.

Our drinks stockpile is healthy using wood pots and barrels alike.  Lavish meals have started also, as well as milling of cave wheat flour, and processing quarry bushes, and sweet pods into syrup barrels.  We also have some rock nut soaps.

Of the three pairs of turkeys, only one batch of poults run around the nest room.  We will most likely be eating turkey meat sooner.

Dodok has made some wooden pipe sections and wooden enormous corkscrews.  Of the 30 gabbro stones we brought, some are made into querns, blocks, and mechanisms. 

The aquifer breaching site has been dug out, but this will not begin until the first walls are in place with at least 1 functioning bridge.  The dry moat has been dug.

There are 6 small (2x2) unassigned bedrooms without doors, and 1 tiny (1x2) office for Catten to manage orders.  The rest of the bedrooms will use an open design with private storage.  The orders for Dodok to make a dozen beds, doors, and cabinet is in place.

Bembul has started crafting two sets of bismuth bronze armor set: mail shirt, helm, gauntlets, high boots, greaves and breastplate.

Late Summer
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:44:16 pm by Sanctume »

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2015, 04:58:43 pm »

Sign me up as an adventurer.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2015, 04:59:57 pm »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 04:47:49 pm »

Grrr. Had my 3rd migrant wave (population 21 to 68) in mid-spring of year 2 and saving resulted in a crash around object cleaning part. 

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »

Grrr. Had my 3rd migrant wave (population 21 to 68) in mid-spring of year 2 and saving resulted in a crash around object cleaning part.

Oh no. Well, its only been two days, but if you need more time (and if there no arguments against it) you can have it.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress (Community Game) [42.04] (Players needed!)
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2015, 02:02:18 pm »

Since the game has been updated to 42.04 (and there seems to be save compatibility) everyone please use 42.04.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2015, 04:31:10 pm »

I did not update to 42.04 yet.

I will continue playing in 42.03 until I'm done, then save it in ascii, then update to 42.04, and load the game in vanila to make sure it runs, then save in 42.04.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »

I did not update to 42.04 yet.

I will continue playing in 42.03 until I'm done, then save it in ascii, then update to 42.04, and load the game in vanila to make sure it runs, then save in 42.04.

Sounds good.

Rupdeus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 03:53:31 am »

I would like to play as an adventurer.
In adventure mode, dwarf drinks vampire!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 12:13:03 pm »

Quick update.  I'm still playing, and have lots of notes.  But no 'tale spinning' chapters yet.
I have a population cap of 120, and at pop 119. 
Started at 1 Limestone, 125, Early Autumn
Saved at  1 Granite, 129, Early Spring as of last night, and still going.
I did update to the latest LNP 42.03 r03, dfhack disabled

How many days to I have left?

As for "dungeons" I don't have any yet.  But I have some ideas if time permit.

I don't know if this is a v42.03 bug, but I have my first baron for this fortress.
Then some season later, one citizen inherited the title baroness who don't mandate anything other than room/tomb.
Then last year, I got 4 citizens who inherited the baron/baroness title.  So I need 4 new noble rooms.

There's no metal other than native gold and candy which I have not touched (yet).

I cheesed it a bit, to make some more bismuth bronze from smelting large giant axe or leggings, but enough to get 8 sets of armors.  I did embark with enough to make 6.

I also cheesed to make some iron to make minecarts.  But that's no longer an issue as I get both dwarf and human caravans bringing iron and steel stuff.
I am not making any iron or steel armor/weapon yet until I build some more of the infrastructure.

I have 2 Stills and 1 Kitchen, and that's enough to export prepare food for the trades, and over 4k drinks in stock somewhere.

I don't know much of the tavern/library/temple, zero focus on books/instruments (yet), so just made a bunch of food and drink and goblets.  And set to Citizens Only instead of outsiders/visitors.

Also, Each 48x48 tile region is it's own keep, kinda.  And the constructions are above ground for those keeps (so far), and inspired by the old "Bard's Tale" games.

Spoiler: The Main Fortress (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The North Keep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Green Keep (click to show/hide)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 12:22:06 pm »

I believe today is the last day (since you started on the 23rd.) However seeing as the game crashed for you, I'm willing to extend it another day (if its ok everyone else). If not, you have until 12:00 midnight to post the save.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 12:37:45 pm »

I believe today is the last day (since you started on the 23rd.) However seeing as the game crashed for you, I'm willing to extend it another day (if its ok everyone else). If not, you have until 12:00 midnight to post the save.

Actually, it's a good place to stop tonight.  I will just finish assigning the green bedrooms with furniture.
I'll at least pour magma for the 3rd set of Magma Smelter, Magma Forge, Magma Glass, and Magma Kiln to the surface.
It's a decent fort with food & cloth infra-structure.
It has ok population to switch into military training mode unless you want the keeps roofed.
I'm satisfied with my progress from year 125 to 129.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »

I would like to play as an adventurer.

Sure, you've been added.

Actually, it's a good place to stop tonight.  I will just finish assigning the green bedrooms with furniture.
I'll at least pour magma for the 3rd set of Magma Smelter, Magma Forge, Magma Glass, and Magma Kiln to the surface.
It's a decent fort with food & cloth infra-structure.
It has ok population to switch into military training mode unless you want the keeps roofed.
I'm satisfied with my progress from year 125 to 129.

Ok sounds good. Upload the save (i.e the un-retired fortress) when you're ready. Since the dungeon was not completed the next keeper will have to succeed the current one and (hopefully) finish it, instead of starting a new one from scratch.

Now I believe Tonnot98 is next, however, since the dungeon has not yet been completed, Tonnot98 you have the choice of either delaying your turn or taking your turn as a dungeon keeper instead. Whichever you choose, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:49:34 pm by bahihs »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »

I'll be able to upload tonight (still at work now), PST zone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4