Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 38256 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2015, 04:21:54 pm »

TK takes a low stance, pistol up but finger off the trigger, and starts methodically opening the doors and clearing the rooms on the left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2015, 06:31:32 pm »

Tobias observed the other Tobias with an expression mixed between amusement and confusion.
"Are you expecting the dead to attack? I assure you that zombies are quite a myth, a extranet plot device."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2015, 06:35:48 pm »

((Where is the target unit? Can we see it? i.e. can I start removing/salvaging it, or do we have to search first?))
From where you are it should be further up the ship down the right branch, at the moment you're almost at the rear while the armory is near the front.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2015, 07:23:48 pm »

"I'm not expecting anything," TK said reasonably. "On the other hand, should there be something hostile on board, then I'll be ready. Besides, it's my job to keep the rest of you alive and as healthy as possible, so even if you think me a fool I'm going to exercise caution in all situations."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 01:35:04 am »

Following TK's lead, Neil unholsters his gun and works his way right, towards the armoury, as direct as possible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 03:24:53 am »

Evaluate the Minibar Installation ship improvement project idly as I stand by in case of trouble.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2015, 08:39:30 am »

Busy exploring the many options the console in front of her offered, Amelia noticed that there was a monitoring system in place, with access to the internal visuals of the ship! She allegorically connected this to a camera system, and was happy it was working when she saw Dio checking the ship's fridge...and wondering why he was placing a beverage can comfily in the engine/reactor room.

Until it figuratively hit her.

As Dio got back to the helm, Amelia's mind was ablaze with ideas on how to nudge this...particular opportunity.

...which may tell me either Dio is joking around and bringing up morale, or trying to, subtly, knowing that I may be watching, or that he isn't familiar with the brand name...which would connect to his comment earlier and my guess, but I'd be really surprised that any professional or sub-professional pilot isn't familiar with Rocket Boost. 'The (cheap yet affordable) hydrator of all pilots.' Oh goodness I can hear it in the advertisement voice...

"Hey Dio, why don't you test that can you found in the engine system? Y'know, in the fluid supplement area. Maybe it can help."

Actually that is a possible idea. I did read about several potable beverages having other effects in certain situations, like the ancient "Coke" being used as a pesticide and cleaner. Hmm, though we did bust that myth back at the academy, I'm unsure what kind of subsystems a salvaging ship would use given the very different mechanisms between a transport and-...

Try to recall the benefits of Rocket Boost, as well as other common beverages and drinks I am aware of in non-conventional applications.

Check the ship and ponder what we can efficiently recycle stuff into at the current time. How does our salvage system work again?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:17 am »

Listening to the chatter over the radio, Tobias was quite alarmed.

"Do not stick random liquids into the engine cycles! If I get back and you've stuffed anything into my engine systems, by God I will not be responsible for my actions!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:14 am »

Noting the audible lack of implied sarcasm, Amelia felt herself blush as she quickly realized that she had mistaken sarcasm in her message with the knowledge of Dio's experiences. She forgot to ask first, amongst many other things she could've said.

"Wait, Dio...Rocket Boost is a drink. I was joking on that bit."

She thought her tone brought along the point, and felt her cheeks redden at the consequences of being taken seriously.

"...Everyone knows that, right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2015, 09:47:56 am »

TK exhaled a long, deep, withering breath through his nose. If the people he was supposed to be looking out for were going around pouring random things in the engine, he was going to request hazard pay instead of normal pay.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2015, 03:18:49 pm »

"Wait, Dio...Rocket Boost is a drink. I was joking on that bit."

She thought her tone brought along the point, and felt her cheeks redden at the consequences of being taken seriously.

"...Everyone knows that, right?"

"Huuuuh?" He didn't seem convinced.

"A beverage? I don't know who is kidding here. I mean, water is coolant, eh? A little alcohol couldn't possibly upset things that much."
He looked to see if there was a place to insert the rocket boost. He couldn't find one, though, which added to his suspicions. Or rather, that hinted...
"You, one of the Tobias, yes? You don't know very much about this ship's engines, do you? I am not sure if we should screen everything past you if that is the case."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2015, 06:34:10 pm »

"Our engines don't use water coolant. Not at all. Not at all... and I certainly imagine I know more about the ship's hardware than most. So don't damage the ship at your whims!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2015, 02:18:58 am »

Noting the...tenseness of the dialogue, Amelia tried to recover her tact. "Hey Dio, there's a manual here as well as the ship's general status readout on the console--same thing on the gunnery station there. Might give it a nice read. I recall that those drinks leave a residue when combusted, so it's not a good idea at all to use it for fuel."

She realized the punchline. "Which...explains my joking mood. I thought it was obvious, sorry."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2016, 06:29:46 am »

Noting the...tenseness of the dialogue, Amelia tried to recover her tact. "Hey Dio, there's a manual here as well as the ship's general status readout on the console--same thing on the gunnery station there. Might give it a nice read. I recall that those drinks leave a residue when combusted, so it's not a good idea at all to use it for fuel."

She realized the punchline. "Which...explains my joking mood. I thought it was obvious, sorry."

"Hmm, I am thankful..." He remarks, heading over to the Bridge to investigate the special manual. It might be a pain to read with the translator watch, though, so he tried to talk his way out of it.
"I am not sure though, if I need to read. I mean... I will read it, yes... but I know my way around engines. It shouldn't be a problem. I am just not used to these naming schemes, that is all."

((Bump?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »

Sorry about the gap in updates, I've been dealing with some real life stuff recently, but I'll try to get an update out tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21