Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 38275 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:35 pm »

Looks like I'll just have to improvise some weapons while on-board. That's fine. If nothing else I always have my fists anyway. TK cracked his knuckles and his neck.

"Ready to board on your signal." Kavanagh took a place by the airlock and waited for the go-sign.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »

The bulky suit was a stark contrast to the rail-thin Tobias Trent. Toolbox securely strapped to his back, he made sure the door to the interior of the ship was sealed before nodding.

"Alright, we can open the airlock... pop the cork, as it were."

Open the airlock and observe the wreck. If there's a safe looking place to board, do so.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 05:38:50 pm »

"Anti-boarding measures are unlikely, Captain Neil, though the intact gun may have unexploded armaments on it. So I recommend caution, naturally."

Observe as the others begin to scavenge.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2015, 09:24:57 pm »

((Typo that I didn't notice till now. It's Constanzo in the spoiler title for my character, not Constanza))

Dio slams his fist on the nearest control panel. He should have probably taken more of his old ship with him, but nothing about that could be done at this point.
AFTER slamming his fist on the panel, try to point the ship's weapons toward weak points on the Customs ship, leaving the safety mode on. He hoped the pilot matched speeds reasonably well enough that the aim wouldn't drift. Afterwards, check the fridge for a drink (if there is a fridge at least).

To everyone via radio:
'If the airlock doesn't open... Well, we do have a tool for that.'
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:33 am »

”Okay – let’s go then. I’ll get started on the target straight away if you two’ll check the rest of the ship…”

Go! As soon as the immediate area looks safe, start detaching and salvaging the target unit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2015, 04:53:09 am »

((Typo that I didn't notice till now. It's Constanzo in the spoiler title for my character, not Constanza))
You can blame Seinfeld for that, I've seen far too much of that show as a kid :v

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2015, 08:46:44 am »

"What? No, no! We're not shooting our salvage, destroying our prize."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2015, 05:03:29 pm »

"What? No, no! We're not shooting our salvage, destroying our prize."

With his deep, sinister accent, Dio smiles.
'Doooooon't worry, it's only a last resort. I believe this... this CIWS turret should be able to poke holes without sinking, er, I mean, destroying the ship.'

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »

Trent bristled like an angry beanpole.

"Ansolutely not! Unacceptable! No, we are not wasting both ammunition and material! If the ship was destroyed in combat, it would have holes in it anyway, or I'll cut us a path. No shooting it!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:57 am »

Amelia bookmarked her book as she noticed Dio's movements--no words were spoken, but she assumed he was working with the weapon systems. Noticing that her console was able to show their output as well as her navigation data, she realized that it would be manually difficult to control both at the same time.

Noticing that she was thinking on two different tangents, she made a mental note on that point. "He has a
point; I won't be flying this close to let the boarding team get near that thing if it was unstable. Newton's laws and all. Just...don't get trigger happy; knowing the specifics of the armaments this ship has, any resultant shots by them, to the ship right next to us, will cause quite the miniature debris field from origin to impact."

>After the away-team gets to boarding the derelict, maneuver lightly to ensure safety for all.
> Ponder on an adaptive support computer that would aid any ship-based actions (like, give +# to rolls; like an AI, or something to regulate the "non-gamey" things like personnel rations and other stuffs, probably ending up with a flavor-boost or a trait boost due to efficiency)
> Also, quickly get over to the airlock BEFORE THEY OPEN and lend my pistol to Tobias Kavanagh.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2015, 09:34:33 am »

"Thank you kindly ma'am." Tobias ejected the clip and checked the ammunition, then checked the safety to make sure it was on.

TK accepts the pistol and prepares to board.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2015, 12:03:31 am »

Ship Crew
Dio slams his fist on the nearest control panel. He should have probably taken more of his old ship with him, but nothing about that could be done at this point.
AFTER slamming his fist on the panel, try to point the ship's weapons toward weak points on the Customs ship, leaving the safety mode on. He hoped the pilot matched speeds reasonably well enough that the aim wouldn't drift. Afterwards, check the fridge for a drink (if there is a fridge at least).

To everyone via radio:
'If the airlock doesn't open... Well, we do have a tool for that.'
You aim the ship's cannon, and point defense turret at the Custom's ship wreck before getting up to go check your ship's kitchen for something to drink. When you open the fridge you find several shelves filled with some of the cheaper food, a shelf full of beers, and a shelf full of a glowing green soda labelled 'Rocket Boost'.

Amelia bookmarked her book as she noticed Dio's movements--no words were spoken, but she assumed he was working with the weapon systems. Noticing that her console was able to show their output as well as her navigation data, she realized that it would be manually difficult to control both at the same time.

Noticing that she was thinking on two different tangents, she made a mental note on that point. "He has a
point; I won't be flying this close to let the boarding team get near that thing if it was unstable. Newton's laws and all. Just...don't get trigger happy; knowing the specifics of the armaments this ship has, any resultant shots by them, to the ship right next to us, will cause quite the miniature debris field from origin to impact."

>After the away-team gets to boarding the derelict, maneuver lightly to ensure safety for all.
> Ponder on an adaptive support computer that would aid any ship-based actions (like, give +# to rolls; like an AI, or something to regulate the "non-gamey" things like personnel rations and other stuffs, probably ending up with a flavor-boost or a trait boost due to efficiency)
> Also, quickly get over to the airlock BEFORE THEY OPEN and lend my pistol to Tobias Kavanagh.

You think about moving the ship to ensure safety for everyone, but the ship is already in the best position thanks to your previous maneuvering. Of course on the topic of safety you quickly remember Mr. Kavanagh only has a knife as a weapon, and so you run down to the storage bay and hand over your Radlin to him.

With that done you head back up to the bridge as another idea comes to mind about potentially creating some kind of adaptive support computer for use in combat. However this specific plan is a bit outside of your area of expertise, you think it might be possible, but you're going to need someone with a fairly advanced grasp of programming and computers to figure it out.

Away Team
Looks like I'll just have to improvise some weapons while on-board. That's fine. If nothing else I always have my fists anyway. TK cracked his knuckles and his neck.

"Ready to board on your signal." Kavanagh took a place by the airlock and waited for the go-sign.
The bulky suit was a stark contrast to the rail-thin Tobias Trent. Toolbox securely strapped to his back, he made sure the door to the interior of the ship was sealed before nodding.

"Alright, we can open the airlock... pop the cork, as it were."

Open the airlock and observe the wreck. If there's a safe looking place to board, do so.
”Okay – let’s go then. I’ll get started on the target straight away if you two’ll check the rest of the ship…”

Go! As soon as the immediate area looks safe, start detaching and salvaging the target unit.
Once everyone is ready the three of you make last minute checks on your suits, and head into the airlock which seals shut behind you before beginning to decompress. After almost a short while the only thing left for you to hear is the sound of your breathing and the slight static of the comms channel adjusting for your move across to the wreckage.

The door to space slides open and you see a gaping hole in the hull across from you that opens up into a pitch-black hallway barely lit up by the lights from the airlock. You turn the suit head lamps on, and then wait as two lines fire out from the airlock with grasping claws on the front that cut into and clamp into the hallway wall.

Neal takes a moment to test how sturdy the cables are with a few quick tugs before giving the others the go ahead to cross over into the wreckage. Using the lines as guides the three of you lunge across the gap to settle into the wreck itself revealing a long hallway with several corpses floating along it. The hallway leads out in both directions, to the front you can see the hallway splitting off to the left and right with doors lining the way.

Further back towards the rear of the ship is a crushed bulkhead that leads into the reactor room where the generator has been replaced with a hole through the ship ...

Spoiler: Dio Costanzo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neil Aurelius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Kavanagh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neal Thompson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2015, 11:45:08 am »

((Where is the target unit? Can we see it? i.e. can I start removing/salvaging it, or do we have to search first?))

"Do you want to look over those bodies for anything useful?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:02 pm »

"It's better suited if I try to salvage anything delicate and electronic, er, anything fragile. You can rummage through the dead's pockets. Guns, IDs, money, anything. Even undamaged uniforms would be helpful, could be useful. For now, we can store it all back in ship and split it up afterwards."

Search for anything that seems useful - tools, electronics, etc. Maintenance room or something like that might be good.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 04:05:06 pm »

"Hmm, rocket boost? This should be useful if we need to maneuver. I wonder why it is in the fridge though."
Dio takes the Rocket Boost can out if the fridge and set it near the engine/reactor room.

Then he sets his mind to work out potential upgrades to the ship. He looks up the ship's navigation code and sees if any improvements could be made.
Evaluate the 'Navigational Logistics Improvement' project.

If asked by Amelia, help her with the other computer.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21