Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 93751 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #720 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:00 pm »

Okay... so I guess that means old actions are now invalid.

1.Whenever away teams return from one of the universes, they will be returned to a facility in the cavernverse first.  The NPCs in charge of cavernverse (or Dester, if he's present) decide whether or not an alien god or something else terrible hitches a ride, and will send a message to Heph if everything is safe.  If there's something dangerous, they don't send a message, and cavernverse is assumed lost until they do.  This will probably never matter, but I want it stated anyway.

2.Since the current universe designations are clunky, I'm gonna name them uncreatively, in the order you described them:   
  • UA (Moist, earthlike)
  • UB (NeoCavernverse)
  • UC (Variably degraded technology)
  • UD (Moving mountains)
  • UE (Zappy gray waste)
  • UF (Earthlike, ringstation

3.Test tech in all of them.  Are they the same as orgyverse, where everything works?

4.Specifically test portal generator tech in all of them.  Does it work normally?

5.Send synthflesh bodies to orgyverse, first with sod brains, then with NPC human brains.  Do any of them report anything weird?

6.Do we have any synthflesh nervous tissue, or the capability to produce some?  If so, send a bit to orgyverse.  If we have to produce some, produce the tiniest amount that is functional.

7.Do I have access to those NPC clones of Jim/Miya/Charles/whoever else?  I want one of the amp specialized ones to go into orgyverse with amps and test them all out.  Just to make sure.

8.If 5-7 went okay, send the AM into orgyverse in a stealthship, somewhere on the opposite side of the planet from the space station.  Make sure to have a comms probe bouncing back and forth, so we can watch what happens.

9.How should I handle equipment for the newbies?  You know me, if I just do as I normally do, they'll all have personal armies and every defensive tech we possess--but that's not fun.  Should I just give them nothing, or let you choose what they get?  Should I try and think up sets of simple items that aren't OP, and pass them by you?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »

I will reply more thoroughly later, as for now, I'd like a list of all explorers and their current location - which universe, whether they are at Heph or on the sword (not that that seems to matter anymore).

I'll try to get some teams drawn up and all that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:31 am »

Continue waiting for the tribesman. Halt patrols - they seem to spook them. Just keep men posted around the camp. Have them notify me if they catch glimpse of the tribals.

Send a shuttle out to do some long-range scouting and cartography. Have it stay low as possible. I understand we're in jungle, but are we in the "temperate" zone and this is a hot planet? The high levels of O2 make me think we're near the equator and we're in a miniature ice-age. But you never know with new universes.

What are our neighboring environments? Mountains, plains, etc?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #723 on: June 04, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

Okay... so I guess that means old actions are now invalid.

1.Whenever away teams return from one of the universes, they will be returned to a facility in the cavernverse first.  The NPCs in charge of cavernverse (or Dester, if he's present) decide whether or not an alien god or something else terrible hitches a ride, and will send a message to Heph if everything is safe.  If there's something dangerous, they don't send a message, and cavernverse is assumed lost until they do.  This will probably never matter, but I want it stated anyway.

2.Since the current universe designations are clunky, I'm gonna name them uncreatively, in the order you described them:   
  • UA (Moist, earthlike)
  • UB (NeoCavernverse)
  • UC (Variably degraded technology)
  • UD (Moving mountains)
  • UE (Zappy gray waste)
  • UF (Earthlike, ringstation

3.Test tech in all of them.  Are they the same as orgyverse, where everything works?

4.Specifically test portal generator tech in all of them.  Does it work normally?

5.Send synthflesh bodies to orgyverse, first with sod brains, then with NPC human brains.  Do any of them report anything weird?

6.Do we have any synthflesh nervous tissue, or the capability to produce some?  If so, send a bit to orgyverse.  If we have to produce some, produce the tiniest amount that is functional.

7.Do I have access to those NPC clones of Jim/Miya/Charles/whoever else?  I want one of the amp specialized ones to go into orgyverse with amps and test them all out.  Just to make sure.

8.If 5-7 went okay, send the AM into orgyverse in a stealthship, somewhere on the opposite side of the planet from the space station.  Make sure to have a comms probe bouncing back and forth, so we can watch what happens.

9.How should I handle equipment for the newbies?  You know me, if I just do as I normally do, they'll all have personal armies and every defensive tech we possess--but that's not fun.  Should I just give them nothing, or let you choose what they get?  Should I try and think up sets of simple items that aren't OP, and pass them by you?

1.Alright, we'll have to RP that but sure.
2.Make sure it's on the wiki
3. In order, origin tech works like this:
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

4. That works in all
5.Nope
6. Synthflesh...well straight synthflesh doesn't have nervous tissue in the way you think of it.
7. Ask Miya
8. She goes in and survives and, judging by the vitals, she seems to be doing better.
9. Give them only things they can make  a really good case for needing for specific reasons. Otherwise stick to very general tech and not much of it. Act like each piece of gear you give out is in some way inconveniencing you.

Continue waiting for the tribesman. Halt patrols - they seem to spook them. Just keep men posted around the camp. Have them notify me if they catch glimpse of the tribals.

Send a shuttle out to do some long-range scouting and cartography. Have it stay low as possible. I understand we're in jungle, but are we in the "temperate" zone and this is a hot planet? The high levels of O2 make me think we're near the equator and we're in a miniature ice-age. But you never know with new universes.

What are our neighboring environments? Mountains, plains, etc?

You halt the patrols and the tribesmen begin coming in, but they don't speak with you. Rather they simply continue to watch you from a distance. They are nothing but occasional shadows on the edge of the camp. Curious monkeys.

You do indeed appear to be on the equator, on a continent sized island something akin to Australia.  The upper and lower edges of this continent are more arid, but the majority of this land mass, save for the mountains that boarder the north eastern side of the island and another range that snakes down from about the upper middle down to the lower east corner. The landmass is a rough rectangular shape, like a mass of dirt torn out of the world by a giant fist; the western side is larger, and the south west is a jagged mass that branches off into scattered islands.

Your immediate area is mostly jungle, but maybe 300 miles to the west is that range that cuts through the center of the continent and heads east.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 04, 2016, 01:00:03 pm »

((...so...I guess me asking for a lightly armored shuttle to explore the ruin ring on UF is gonna be a no-go?))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 04, 2016, 03:55:26 pm »

(("Lightly armored" might be a no, if there's no weapons visible, but a shuttle is the one thing you'll probably get on every expedition; the tag transfers a single object and everything inside, so if we're not sending you through in a shuttle, we're sending you through in a box.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 04, 2016, 04:08:30 pm »

((Eh, i was thinking no weapons, but with some thin hex-plate for collisions and such on the way to the ring.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #727 on: June 04, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »

((To be fair, since you don't have automanipulators to protect you from micrometeorites and other impacts, you need at least some armour. You can't just send an airplane and hope for the best.
Well, I mean, you can, this is the HMRC, bodies are cheap, but it would at least be a waste of time and resources.
And by resources, I mean the shuttle and the gear those bodies will be carrying.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 04, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »

((So... guess it's time for more faffing about important research very relevant to the mission.))

Game satellite to Spiderverse with 99 datapads sent to 3 of their colonies.

Probe to Orgyverse to see if the inhabitants are currently capable of progressing.  Collect level information.

One probe to 36,36,36 (werewolfverse) with one sod observing, in a test chamber.

Ask a team of scientists and engineers to look into the creation of an ark ship, a vehicle for an active colony module.  Ideally it should be sealed and self-sustaining, with trade via EUE available if something goes wrong.  Communication with probes and other ships is available through QECs.  For targeting purposes, the entire ship should be... some sort of weapon.  How many refugees can the protoype sustain, and for how long?

Micro-incision on a sod's brainstem using the crystalline projector bayonet installed in aux-controlled medical equipment.

Place crystalline projector nearby.  B1, C4, G4, H1.  B1, B5, H1.  B1, B7, H1.  Then, A1, B3, H1.

Does Origin tech work in Gooverse?  How about Factoryverse?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:40:42 am by ZBridges »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 04, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »

Bypass safety restrictions, if possible.

Shock this man until he complies with safety restrictions, if possible.  Nevermind!  No shocks needed.

One probe to Origin.  The interior, if possible.

According to PW, transfers have an innaccuracy of 50%--send a probe ten lightyears away, and it could end up anywhere from five to fifteen lightyears away.  Considering Origin is the size of a planet and many lightyears away, I shouldn't need to block this action, but do so anyway.  Again, no obstruction needed now.  Thank you, Zbridges.

((As always, if you can explain why you're doing something seemingly risky and dangerous, I'll stop obstructing an action.  But... I don't see how either of these actions are good ideas.  The sod can be werewolfed without bypassing any safety restrictions, and Origin is currently infected by an alien god.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 04, 2016, 06:13:49 pm »

((Alright, she won't bypass safety restrictions.  So no need to shock Joan.  If the Origin action has a negligible chance of success, why bother to even block it?  I'll remove it anyway.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:17:27 pm by ZBridges »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 04, 2016, 07:15:20 pm »

((Primarily because Saint's primary character trait is being insanely careful, but also because I could see it going bad even if it missed.  Perhaps transfers actually affect the area they target, even if they miss, and perhaps the Lurker could use that.  It's a long shot, but again, insanely careful.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 04, 2016, 07:16:41 pm »

((Seems fair.  Thanks for the explanation.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2016, 12:35:22 am »

Can we assume I found a section of space in Orgy-Verse that seems to be outside of the human controlling aliens area of influence? If so can I have the crew and our colony ship ported there? Also, repeating this part of my last action "send a creature scanner probe combo to what the location of Vincent's home planet would be in comparison to earth. (the orgyverse oppressed planet to where I am sending the second set of probes = Earth to Vincent's home planet {Lets make that a planet in an area of UWM space where they have decent control, but still far enough out that gangs and other organizations can hold a few planets in their control, I have no backstory created for his home planet, I'm just seeing if this universe has similar locational structure as ours}

3rd attempt at getting senpai to notice me
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 06, 2016, 01:29:11 pm »

Alright. Get a crew together for universe UF(30,318,608). Try to get a shuttle that has light hex-plate armoring for micro-meteorites impacts as we explore the ruin ring. Also attempt to get a QEC to stay in contact with the probe, when the probe 'ports between UF and Heph, so that can we explore farther and not be presumed lost.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54