Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 94040 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #420 on: March 01, 2016, 12:47:03 am »

Suppositories are known to work better than taking them normally, you have to admit.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #421 on: March 01, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »

"Well I vote we head whatever direction leads down. If this is in fact an alien intestine, I would honestly rather leave through the back door, than end up in the stomach. Thoughts?" If there are no objections, head whichever directyion seems to be going down
"Ah, okay."

Downwards it is.
Indeed, downwards.
Downward is kinda hard to perceive; the colon tunnel doesn't seem to be sloping in either direction. So you just pick a direction and head off.  It's rather tough going; the ground has the consistency of a waterbed covered in petroleum jelly and every step is an exercise in  maintaining your balance. You carry on for maybe a mile or so, but the tube of flesh seems unchanged. You do, however, run into something. It looks like some kind of semitranslucent blob filled with opaque, reddish orbs. It looks an awful lot like a man sized amoeba, and it's sitting smack dab in the middle of the path.

Spiders: attempt sound communication with the spiders. begin at very low decibels and raise the volume until they begin responding. Send a a series of mathematical sequences, like the sequence of squares, the Fibonacci sequence, and stuff like that to see if they recognize and respond to that. Afterward, send, in a recording of my own voice, the message "greetings, spiders." If they respond, turn this project over to some linguists, to see if we can establish communication. also, place various food items in an adjacent room, and let them have access, to see their preference in foods.

rusty metal Hive tag this universe for later expeditions. I bet some of our newbie teams would love to check it out.

factoryverse. send a couple of probes decked out in astronomy gear, to study what they can of this old universe. Send them an AU in opposite directions, so as to get some parralax, and to act as an interferometer (a single telescope made of smaller telescopes spaced apart that act as though they were one machine with a much larger primary mirror than any given sub unit - in otherwords, it magnifies their magnification ability). Concentrate on locating rocky planets around any of the nearby stars, but do other basic observations as well.

"Well I vote we head whatever direction leads down. If this is in fact an alien intestine, I would honestly rather leave through the back door, than end up in the stomach. Thoughts?" If there are no objections, head whichever directyion seems to be going down
on the x, y, z coords that syv tested, the universe was colon for at least twenty miles in each direction on the x axis, the y axis had the "stomach" and more colon, and the z axis had the "small intestine" and more colon. Long story shorty, you are probably going to be traveling quite a while before you find an exit.

Some random NPC suggests that we build a facility to build EUEs of a size small enough that they can be sent though the EUE here, if such is possible.
I must be slow. what the heck is an EUE?
They seem to understand sounds, but your voice and those sequences they can't seem to comprehend. Admittedly, it's probably a stretch to think they would understand space english.

Done. Well, someone will do it.

You locate what is probably the planet the probe teleported in on, as well as several others, all hanging around a red giant in extremely wide and long orbits.
Attempted weaponization of (123,456,789) [Not New, it's the one with the foil coating] continues. All following actions are about sending stuff to it.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 begins touching itself.
  • Send a modified probe that can split into two separate probes. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The modified probe splits and the halves begin touching each other.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe carrying a box. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 releases the sphere. Is the box fully covered?
  • Send a Phase 1 probe carrying a box. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 releases the box. Through a series of mechanisms, the box folds itself inside out.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe with a small robot inside it. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 2 sends a signal, making the robot inspect itself and start banging against the insides of the Phase 1.

• Send a probe to the barnacleverse. Have some sort of robot scrape off the barnacles. Can they be attached to other probes that haven't entered that universe? What about other probes that have gone to that universe?
  • Two Phase 2 probes to (123,456,789) [Not New, it's the one with the foil coating]. Have them touch each other in a Null universe while a third probe watches.
  • One Phase 2 Probe equipped space-magic that works based on anomalous arrangements of matter to a Null. The ones that can be used by a machine and have observable effects. Verify that they do not work.
  • Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 10 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 15 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 20 minutes. A Phase 2 Probe watches from inside the Null from a safe distance.
1. Not sure what universe you mean. Coords?

2. You lose all 3 probes.

3. They do not appear to work.

4. None of those probes even return.
((1. is (0,0,1000).

For 4. you mean, none of the Phase 1s return? Or none of the probes, including the Phase 2 return?))
1. Both probes are destroyed
2.All probes destroyed
3.Sphere? What?
4. All probes destroyed.
5. The robot is not covered in foil and banging around on the inside of the probe does nothing.

6. None of the phase 1s. Staying in that universe for over a few minutes tears them apart before they can return.

1.Send more probes far into the x dimension.  Last time I sent one 1 AU in the x dimension, and it couldn't see anything.  This time, send one half an AU away in the x dimension, then a quarter of the way if it can't see anything, then an eigth, etc. until a probe is spots something.  Also, if one of them telefrags, repeatedly send probes to the same coordinates until one survives or until I've sent ten which telefragged.  The inherent variance in teletportation locarion should make me miss whatever the probes hit.

2.Send a probe with a highly sensitive gravity sensor to the (0,0,0) point in analverse.  Which direction is down (in x,y,z directions), and how strong is the gravity?

3.Send a probe, oh, 100 miles towards the source of the gravity.  Check if the gravity readings have changed at all.  If the probe telefrags, keep sending probes until one either survives or I've sent ten.

4.Then send a probe 1000 miles towards the source of the gravity.  Again, check for differences.  And again, if there's a telefrag probe until one either works or I've sent ten.

5.Finally, send a probe 1 AU towards the source of the gravity.  Is there any gravity where the probe ends up?  If so, has it reversed direction?  And again, probe until one works or I've sent ten.
1. After a whole series of probes at close and closer ranges, you eventually see that this giant empty space is in fact the lumen of some sort of enormous cavity. Closer inspection reveals the wall of the cavity, along with some incredibly massive creatures walking around on top of it They look like pine trees with several dozen spider like legs. They are, at a rough estimate of scale, 4500 miles tall.

2. The gravity is about .7, and appears to be coming from -y  mostly, but there are several other, lesser sources pulling in other directions.

3. They've changed slightly, but from like .7 to .71, which might be within natural variation.

4. It's .73 there.

5. The gravity is about .85 here, and in a different direction.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 01, 2016, 12:54:45 pm »

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that is part of whatever this things is's immune system. It's probably best we dont fuck with it. Whoever has got the quickest reaction time should try flying over it with their mk-3 jets"

Order merc with the highest dex score to fly over the ameoba. The highest dex player can choose to instead if they want

Be prepared to threaten Gus if he continues to carve at the intestine walls after I tell him to stop.

Threaten by way of ordering the mercs to train their guns on him

If he complies, do not threaten
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:48:21 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2016, 03:03:10 pm »

Spiders: Send the spiders into a room with three buttons, each emitting a different tone. Send a series of two tone beeps. One tone is for zero, the other is for one. Count to one, then to two, then to four, then to eight. Each count should end with a pause and a third tone, which will indicate the end of the series. After this, count again, stopping on random numbers, and wait to see if they respond. (I had intended the mathematical sequences to be sent as a series of taps or beeps, not in English, but was unclear.)

Have the spiders been communicating with each other via sound? Have they responded to any of the tests with sounds?

Old universe (formerly known as Factory verse - the one with the dull red stars.) Send probes to coordinates within about an AU of each of the discovered planets. These probes should have active and passive sensors to detect livable conditions and evidence of life and civilization.

Living Planetverse (formerly analverse) send a probe to a location near the wall of the lumen, but at a significant distance from any of the planetcreatures. Have the probe launch some drones, which will approach the wall lights on, and sending data back continuously. Have one drone examine the wall various electromagnetic wavelengths. Have another test for atmosphere close to the wall. have others take samples from the surface, if such is possible (planet droppings and other material). Have a fourth attempt to biopsy the wall itself.

Edit: have a probe in analverse, several thousand miles outside of the planet creature, attempt to communicate with the team inside the creature.

Finally, if time and workload permit, send phase one probes to new universes
0, 3, 3,
3, 0, 3
3, 3, 0
3, 3, 3

((planet sized treelike creatures walking on the inside wall of a dyson sphere-esque enclosure ... the planets appear to be the mian/only source of gravity. I wonder if the universe is that small, or if this enclosure is like the ones in cavernverse, writ much larger? Also, I wonder how those creatures keep from collapsing into spheres. that much mass, and they can still be pine shaped... what an odd and exciting world.

PW, this mission is what I envision the basis of a post ER game to be - a series of universes to explore for fun and profit [and need, since humanity's new home might not be tailor made for it like our old one was].))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:45:57 am by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2016, 05:24:38 pm »

"Look at that thing, wasyerface. How could he hurt anybody? He doesn't even have arms, for crying out loud."

Idly carve our names and the date into the wall or floor with my index laser, and let other people worry about the harmless jelly-sac monster. Grumble about how Vincent is a spoilsport.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:09:06 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

Upon noticing Gus's intent to carve his name in this universe Vincent replied sharply "Gus! Do NOT carve anything into any of this unless we have to. So far this universe seems to be a universe sized creature. We are about the size of a disease. If this creature's body reacts in any way similar to how the way our bodies react, irritating it will cause it's defense mechanisms to start up... In short ~You hurt it, it hurt you~"

((Welp, this could get ugly fast. Gus is the mercs leader, Vincent is the face of the company the mercs work for. This threat could go either way))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:50:04 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »

"Oh, right. I knew that."

((Action edited.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2016, 06:39:44 am »

NEW Probes to:

-6582,+6684,-9811
-8977,+1564,-8456
+6588,-8477,-8522

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2016, 01:46:34 pm »

Whoops! wrong thread!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2016, 12:07:27 pm »

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that is part of whatever this things is's immune system. It's probably best we dont fuck with it. Whoever has got the quickest reaction time should try flying over it with their mk-3 jets"

Order merc with the highest dex score to fly over the ameoba. The highest dex player can choose to instead if they want

Be prepared to threaten Gus if he continues to carve at the intestine walls after I tell him to stop.

Threaten by way of ordering the mercs to train their guns on him

If he complies, do not threaten

"Look at that thing, wasyerface. How could he hurt anybody? He doesn't even have arms, for crying out loud."

Idly carve our names and the date into the wall or floor with my index laser, and let other people worry about the harmless jelly-sac monster. Grumble about how Vincent is a spoilsport.

You've actually got the highest dex here.

NEW Probes to:

-6582,+6684,-9811
-8977,+1564,-8456
+6588,-8477,-8522

The first one appears to lead to some kind of desert; its survivable in terms of temp and has oxygen but there's no sign of any water or living things.

Other two are null.

Spiders: Send the spiders into a room with three buttons, each emitting a different tone. Send a series of two tone beeps. One tone is for zero, the other is for one. Count to one, then to two, then to four, then to eight. Each count should end with a pause and a third tone, which will indicate the end of the series. After this, count again, stopping on random numbers, and wait to see if they respond. (I had intended the mathematical sequences to be sent as a series of taps or beeps, not in English, but was unclear.)

Have the spiders been communicating with each other via sound? Have they responded to any of the tests with sounds?

Old universe (formerly known as Factory verse - the one with the dull red stars.) Send probes to coordinates within about an AU of each of the discovered planets. These probes should have active and passive sensors to detect livable conditions and evidence of life and civilization.

Living Planetverse (formerly analverse) send a probe to a location near the wall of the lumen, but at a significant distance from any of the planetcreatures. Have the probe launch some drones, which will approach the wall lights on, and sending data back continuously. Have one drone examine the wall various electromagnetic wavelengths. Have another test for atmosphere close to the wall. have others take samples from the surface, if such is possible (planet droppings and other material). Have a fourth attempt to biopsy the wall itself.

Edit: have a probe in analverse, several thousand miles outside of the planet creature, attempt to communicate with the team inside the creature.

Finally, if time and workload permit, send phase one probes to new universes
0, 3, 3,
3, 0, 3
3, 3, 0
3, 3, 3

((planet sized treelike creatures walking on the inside wall of a dyson sphere-esque enclosure ... the planets appear to be the mian/only source of gravity. I wonder if the universe is that small, or if this enclosure is like the ones in cavernverse, writ much larger? Also, I wonder how those creatures keep from collapsing into spheres. that much mass, and they can still be pine shaped... what an odd and exciting world.

PW, this mission is what I envision the basis of a post ER game to be - a series of universes to explore for fun and profit [and need, since humanity's new home might not be tailor made for it like our old one was].))
The spiders input 16 and then an end tone.

The spiders appear to be communicating via some combination of chittering and body movements.

The probes all discover similar things: Each planet is rocky, each planet is dead, and each planet appears to be inhabited. No signs of life, but there are many machines and in some cases orbital Facilities of impressive size and scale. What they're creating is hard to say. It appears to be pieces of something of astronomical size, judging by the pieces you can see.

The wall appears to be ciliated, though the cilia are each miles tall. They sway slowly back and forth like grass in the wind, churning a visible cloudy atmosphere around them; a sort of white fog that swirls along the entire surface.  The atmosphere, from what you gather, is mostly nitrogen, methane and oxygen, but filled with a think haze of organic substances which causes it to act like a fog. You get a bit of flesh and it appears similar to the earlier samples.

You can communicate via entanglement gear but radio can't penetrate.

0, 3, 3: We don't know what it looks like or much about it because the sods assigned to view it have their skin fall off and they start doing...things. We're not sure what, but it seems to be done with a purpose, even if most of it involves drawing on the walls with their own blood and performing strange and inhuman physical movements.

3, 0, 3: Null

3, 3, 0: It....Ok, this is right up there with the succubus universe. This appears to be some kind of vision of paradise. And not even an imaginative one; it's literally all blue skies, soft white-gold clouds, and, in the distance, some sort of complex thing wreathed in fire and projecting luminous halos.

3, 3, 3: Null

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:25 pm »

awesome. Intelligent spiders, a dying universe building an astronomical machine (my guess is for interuniversal exploration :P) a living solar system containing living planets, two baitverses targetting markedly different impulses, and yourstandard, typical, flesh destroying monstrosiverse.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 04, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

Guess that means Im ordering a merc to fly over the ameoba, being careful not to disturb it. We'll all join the merc if all goes well (Im too much of a chicken shit to do it myself. I aint getting absorbed by an ameoba I've seen enough hentai ... I mean what?)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 04, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

1.Keep sending probes towards the gravitational center of the analverse, trying to get as close as possible.  Keep sending probes even if they telefrag, until I've gotten ten telefrags in a row.  Primarily, I'm looking for inorganic material.

2.Send probes outside the boundaries of the lumen of the analverse planet thing.  Is there more darkness, or can we finally see stars?

3.If we can't see stars... Send a probe two  hundred billion light years in any direction.  Send until one returns, or ten have failed.  Still flesh?

4.Send a probe with a sod loaded into it to the paradise 'verse for half an hour.  It can look at monitors and listen to outside sounds while there.  When the sod returns, have it be interviewed by other sods for psychological anomalies.

5.This is a preparation question for succubusverse: Do fleshsods have any sexual drive, or any capability to satisfy it?  Or are they literally and completely asexual?

((Huh.  Thought I had posted an action for last turn. 

Anyway, I'm seriously wondering whether we should really treat these "bait" universes as such.  Presumably, if PW's generator is capable of making horrrible hellscapes, it could make the opposite, right?  Yeah, just going by Murphy's law they're probably terrible, but compared to the universes which make people tear their own skin off, or infect hermetically sealed rabbits with sapient spiders... I can't see the bait universes being much worse.))

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to:BLOPS Lead Dester Gree
I have put some thought into this, and I believe we should initiate unmanned exploration of (-7,-7,-7), which I believe you have titled the "orgyverse".  Are you willing to allow me to do so?

While it is most likely not a suitable universe for colonization, the fact that humans are within it is exceptionally strange.  My initial assumption was that they were an illusion, but unlike most illusions from other universes, they did not immediately cause insanity in those who saw them.  They have also been visibly human to every being who has witnessed the video, which further sheds doubt on the illusion hypothesis.  I believe it would be a good idea to attempt to ascertain what is in that universe.

One experiment I would be significantly interested in is how your spiders react to video from that universe, preferably video which has never been seen by any human--I feel the video may act something like Schrodinger's Cat, remaining nebulous and undefined until a thinking creature has witnessed it, at which point it assumes the form of something which would attract the viewer.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 04, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »

DESERTWORLD (-6582,+6684,-9811) EXPLORATION MK II

1) Just to be certain, send a probe in to analyse the topsoil of the desert. No traces of water in the rocks either? Port in one cup of water as well and watch what happens. What does "survivable temp" mean? 70F, 30F, or 100F?

2) Regardless of the outcome, send a probe 1,000 km "up" into the sky. and another 1 AU "up". What do they see? Is it an infinite plane deal or is there other planets?

3) Send a sod in with a canteen of water unless the cup of water from before explodes or something.

One new probe to:
-987,654,-321

Quote from: Ryan to: Team
Found a desert world. Not a trace of water in the air. Going to perform a few tests; send some water in to see if it explodes or something, then send a sod there and some probes into space if everything turns out fine..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2016, 03:04:15 pm »

((I am not entirely opposed to sending a squad or two into the "bait-verse," syv. I blacklisted it so you and I would have a chance to review any plan for entering and testing, before Blops collectively lost it's shit and ran eyes wide shut into something awful. I think they are worht a look, but I also think we have a good handful of universes with potential as it is, and need to do some "safe" exploring as well. that desert world, for instance, looks promising - giant sand worms and Beetlejuice notwithstanding.))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54