Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 94041 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #405 on: February 27, 2016, 03:48:57 am »

Quote from: Dester to:Vincent cc:all
I will be remaining here for the time being, sadly. To be among the first to set genital into another universe is very tempting, but I have guests to manage, and a mystery to solve in another universe. In fact, we may end up mounting another expedition before long. One with more risk of a more familiar ind than what we've been getting lately - the risk of immanent death by robot monstrosities.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 27, 2016, 06:34:07 am »

Phase one Probes to:

6, 36, 75
4, 24, 50
2, 12, 25

Contemplate allowing the haebi-flesh arms to connect across my back. Would it be dangerous to allow them such close access to my spine, a la Doc Oc? Or is that a negligible risk? This is totally just to share organic materials between the two and not simply the first step in my personal evolution at all.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2016, 10:02:55 am »

Quote from: Petra to: Vincent
I'll come with. Not doing much anyway.

Go with Vincent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: February 27, 2016, 11:44:06 am »

Sorry for sending so many probes last turn.  I only meant to send three, but worded it poorly...

1.Just gonna say, Saint is staying in text-only mode, and refuses to look at any video or listen to any audio that anyone sends him.  Especially if the subject line includes things like "Meet Hot Singles In Your Local Multiverse Tonight!"  Anything important can be translated into text by sods.

2.Let's try probing the analverse again.  Send only one probe that is one AU higher in the x dimension.

3.Same as 2, but in the y dimension.  Still only one probe.

4.Same as 2, but in the z dimension.  Still only one probe.

5.Put an automated force infuser (set to infuse with a minor push, and sufficient battery for ten pushes) inside a probe.  Have a sod, also inside the probe, put a little wooden cube on the force infuser whenever it has fallen off.  Send the probe to the cavernverse, the gooverse, the fractalverse, and the analverse, each time activating the automated force infuser once.  Does it fail to function in any of those universes?  Make sure there's a second probe which observes the first one during every activation.

1. Ok

2. Alright. This one finds only darkness. But strange darkness. There's no stars, and there's still an atmosphere. It's thinner than before, but otherwise the same. Cameras can't pick anything up but...perhaps you're in an area so large and dark you can't see anything?

3.Similar to 2.

4. Appears to have telefragged.

5. The force infuser...well it's odd. In most it doesn't work, but in the analverse it instead produces a bright flash of light.

Spiders: If we have remote control over the colors in the color matching ttest, change the wavelengths. let's see if they recognize infrared, ultraviolet, or other distinctions. try a broader spectrum of colors, then a narrower one. Continue this until either they respond as if they recognize the spectrum variation, or we run out of reasonable options on that front.
If we do not have control of the colors, just lock the test and let them pass through to the next challenge.

rusty metal verse: send a second team. require them to climb to the hatch, open it, send some scout eyes through, and retreat to the probe. make sure the probe is armored, and is recording at all times. Also, gonna borrow a page from Syv's book here: send a probe into that universe at a distance of 1000 miles directly "up" from the origin room. make this probe armored and capable of evasive maneuvers. Have it record in all three dimensions, and return in 1 minute.

factoryverse:send a probe in there, again at 1000 miles away from the origin (call it straight up, like the last one), and with the same capabilities and return time.

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint
So, the spiders from spider verse do indeed appear intelligent, though they seem to lack color vision. I am continuing tests on them in a safe, rigged environment. they seem to understand the obstacles given them, and are progressing through the testing chambers. It is odd, considering that they seem to be born in this universe already containing that knowledge and skill.

Also, that's quite a jump, moving from a 20 mile separation from your last set of probes, to a 93 million mile one with this set. I understand the desire - to possibly get outside the creature we ported into, but I have a feeling that at this distance, whatever it is will be indistinct or unobservable. Ah well, if you do indeed find your probes exiting into vacuum, it will be noteworthy, and we can continue from there.

Oh, and an away team we sent to what appeared to be an old, decayed factory, was lost during exploration of that world. the room into which they ported remains unchanged, so whatever happened happened nearby but outside of that room. This universe is quite a puzzle.
1. You play with the colors for a while. The spiders seem to be waiting on you. They can tell something is changing, but no matter the colors you choose, or the wave lengths, they seem baffled. Perhaps they see via a non-light based medium? Sonar?

2.The room directly above the one you start in is clear, but it leads to several more rooms, a great branching hive of rusted metal.  You send probes around several times. Most telefrag. But one ends up in a room with what appear to be robots. They're very odd looking, somewhat insectoid, all sharp, ragged, rusty and serrated, like they were made entirely from shrapnel. They seem to notice the probe but mostly ignore it. A few bump into it and push it into a corner, but otherwise they leave it alone.

3. You end up in an area that looks much like our own outer space, but full of strange, dull red stars. It's a universe that is clearly far older than our own.

Quote from:  Vincent to: BLOPS Team
It's about time to personally explore the Anal-Verse, It's not an ideal new home, but so far it seems to show the most promise, as such, this phase I will be heading in to do some exploration. Is anyone else going to tag along?
See if I can recruit other BLOPS members to tag along, otherwise I myself will head a phase 5 team of mercs (about 5-6) for an hour into the anal-verse, Mk-3's for all of us (including the mercs), as well as a Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifle for each of us (mercs included)
Phase 1 probes to Scratch that. Join Vincent in the analverse instead.
Quote from: Petra to: Vincent
I'll come with. Not doing much anyway.

Go with Vincent.

Away you go on mission "What what, in the butt"

Assume you teleport in at the usual place.

Phase one Probes to:

6, 36, 75
4, 24, 50
2, 12, 25

Contemplate allowing the haebi-flesh arms to connect across my back. Would it be dangerous to allow them such close access to my spine, a la Doc Oc? Or is that a negligible risk? This is totally just to share organic materials between the two and not simply the first step in my personal evolution at all.

If you have the skill and mind, it should be fine.

Null

Returns, but is emitting an odd yellow vapor. Sods that get close that vapor begin emitting it as well and slowly dissolve into gas, as does the probe.

You're not sure what the other one saw because anyone that looks at the footage begins screaming uncontrollably and often attempting self mutilation.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2016, 04:55:51 pm »

"Well I vote we head whatever direction leads down. If this is in fact an alien intestine, I would honestly rather leave through the back door, than end up in the stomach. Thoughts?" If there are no objections, head whichever directyion seems to be going down
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2016, 05:37:11 pm »

Some random NPC suggests that we build a facility to build EUEs of a size small enough that they can be sent though the EUE here, if such is possible.

Hold on, yes a totally different random NPC is suggesting that we put up a nice pocket universe gate from the sword to the apocalypse lab, so we can easily send newbies on away missions, possibly as an equivalent to mr. bones wild ride, whatever that means.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:16:16 pm by Egan_BW »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

"Well, I don't particlery wanna fall out this guy's back end, either. It's prolly quite the drop, considering the size of this place.

Maybe we should just grab some samples. Tissues and whatnot."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2016, 06:36:51 pm »

Spiders: attempt sound communication with the spiders. begin at very low decibels and raise the volume until they begin responding. Send a a series of mathematical sequences, like the sequence of squares, the Fibonacci sequence, and stuff like that to see if they recognize and respond to that. Afterward, send, in a recording of my own voice, the message "greetings, spiders." If they respond, turn this project over to some linguists, to see if we can establish communication. also, place various food items in an adjacent room, and let them have access, to see their preference in foods.

rusty metal Hive tag this universe for later expeditions. I bet some of our newbie teams would love to check it out.

factoryverse. send a couple of probes decked out in astronomy gear, to study what they can of this old universe. Send them an AU in opposite directions, so as to get some parralax, and to act as an interferometer (a single telescope made of smaller telescopes spaced apart that act as though they were one machine with a much larger primary mirror than any given sub unit - in otherwords, it magnifies their magnification ability). Concentrate on locating rocky planets around any of the nearby stars, but do other basic observations as well.

"Well I vote we head whatever direction leads down. If this is in fact an alien intestine, I would honestly rather leave through the back door, than end up in the stomach. Thoughts?" If there are no objections, head whichever directyion seems to be going down
on the x, y, z coords that syv tested, the universe was colon for at least twenty miles in each direction on the x axis, the y axis had the "stomach" and more colon, and the z axis had the "small intestine" and more colon. Long story shorty, you are probably going to be traveling quite a while before you find an exit.

Some random NPC suggests that we build a facility to build EUEs of a size small enough that they can be sent though the EUE here, if such is possible.
I must be slow. what the heck is an EUE?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:50:21 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:02 pm »

Extra Universal Engine

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:40 pm »

"tissue samples might be worth a grab. I don't think we are actually at risk of exiting the colon within an hour, so I'm mostly just picking a direction to explore"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »

"Ah, okay."

Downwards it is.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2016, 11:01:11 pm »

Indeed, downwards.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2016, 06:37:04 am »

Attempted weaponization of (123,456,789) [Not New, it's the one with the foil coating] continues. All following actions are about sending stuff to it.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 begins touching itself.
  • Send a modified probe that can split into two separate probes. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The modified probe splits and the halves begin touching each other.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe carrying a box. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 releases the sphere. Is the box fully covered?
  • Send a Phase 1 probe carrying a box. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 1 releases the box. Through a series of mechanisms, the box folds itself inside out.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe with a small robot inside it. Have it return to a Null, where a Phase 2 probe is waiting. The Phase 2 sends a signal, making the robot inspect itself and start banging against the insides of the Phase 1.

• Send a probe to the barnacleverse. Have some sort of robot scrape off the barnacles. Can they be attached to other probes that haven't entered that universe? What about other probes that have gone to that universe?
  • Two Phase 2 probes to (123,456,789) [Not New, it's the one with the foil coating]. Have them touch each other in a Null universe while a third probe watches.
  • One Phase 2 Probe equipped space-magic that works based on anomalous arrangements of matter to a Null. The ones that can be used by a machine and have observable effects. Verify that they do not work.
  • Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 10 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 15 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 20 minutes. A Phase 2 Probe watches from inside the Null from a safe distance.
1. Not sure what universe you mean. Coords?

2. You lose all 3 probes.

3. They do not appear to work.

4. None of those probes even return.
((1. is (0,0,1000).

For 4. you mean, none of the Phase 1s return? Or none of the probes, including the Phase 2 return?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »

1.Send more probes far into the x dimension.  Last time I sent one 1 AU in the x dimension, and it couldn't see anything.  This time, send one half an AU away in the x dimension, then a quarter of the way if it can't see anything, then an eigth, etc. until a probe is spots something.  Also, if one of them telefrags, repeatedly send probes to the same coordinates until one survives or until I've sent ten which telefragged.  The inherent variance in teletportation locarion should make me miss whatever the probes hit.

2.Send a probe with a highly sensitive gravity sensor to the (0,0,0) point in analverse.  Which direction is down (in x,y,z directions), and how strong is the gravity?

3.Send a probe, oh, 100 miles towards the source of the gravity.  Check if the gravity readings have changed at all.  If the probe telefrags, keep sending probes until one either survives or I've sent ten.

4.Then send a probe 1000 miles towards the source of the gravity.  Again, check for differences.  And again, if there's a telefrag probe until one either works or I've sent ten.

5.Finally, send a probe 1 AU towards the source of the gravity.  Is there any gravity where the probe ends up?  If so, has it reversed direction?  And again, probe until one works or I've sent ten.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Wow. You are sending up to fifty probes this round, perhaps even more.

All to analverse.

Kinda worried about you over there, Saint. On the other (latex gloved) hand,

Kinda glad you've walled yourself off into total isolation, far away.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54