Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Goblin Fun?  (Read 2752 times)

Dough!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: No Goblin Fun?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:53 am »

Oh, okay then.

Just to let you guys know, I was not even getting any ambushes in this old world.

This time in my new world I'm starting very close to one! And very early in the world, so they are alive and kickin' for sure!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »

Don't forget to make sure that INVADERS is set to YES from day 1. I've had a problem where I increase the population cap after I've started a fort but the population will only rise to the old population cap, so something similar might happen with invaders.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 12:58:10 pm »

Sounds odd with the pop cap. I regularly increase the pop cap to be 10 above the pop after the last migration wave, since I dislike dealing with a huge influx. I generally get 6-9 migrants, while the very last one or two up to my final pop target can take a couple of seasons more.

Ambushes are as AWOL as kidnappings, so don't expect any of those (unless you count one or two stealthed necromancers who run when detected as an ambush. They're even less of a threat that kobolds).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 05:07:17 pm »

Cathelms is 17 years old, just recently got the pop up over 40, been giving the elves wooden crafts and jacking their fruit/animals before kicking them out the door.

Earlier this happened, ambushes are not AWOL, just not as common as they used to be.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 12:10:06 am »

Yes, there are ambushes. Never seen a goblin one though.
I actually got my first 40.x ambush playing Fortress Defence mod. An huge bunch of kung-fu pandas jumped out at my swordmaster as he was wandering out to inspect an incoming monkey siege (because he figured the defend burrow orders didn't apply to him). They kept coming about 10 at a time until there were about 40 of them and their unmounted animals - leading to the amusing message 'a horse has sprung from ambush!'.

Wasn't all that !Fun! though. The moment they all stopped jumping out, they ran away. Swordmaster chased them round the map while the rest of the lads handled the monkeys.

Did your Elves stick around to fight?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 09:56:35 am »

They're new exhibits in the Zoombie, since the dogs spotted them on the cage traps.

Dough!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »

Hey, don't mean to bump this or anything but check what rolled out!!!

"
Major bug fixes
~~~Fixed some army pathing issues~~~
Goblins have mounts again
Fixed long-standing flow bug with unit occupancy
Stopped some issues with brawls escalating to non-lethal
"

So does that mean army(s) found out that they were holding the map upside-down? Or something else? (Thanks!)

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 07:50:11 pm »

You're not getting kidnappers because that functionality is either entirely broken in this version, or is incredibly rare.

It must be extremely rare; I got a snatcher along with a "siege" of one crossbowgoblin. (I was about 1.5 years in, not sure what my population was.)
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:08 am »

My comment referred to the then current DF version, 0.40.24, and reports are that there things have been fixed in 0.42.01. I would guess your fortress was in the 0.42.01 version, Bwint, otherwise it would be interesting (although obsolete) news?
Pages: 1 [2]