Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 174

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 319075 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #2520 on: June 18, 2024, 07:10:25 pm »

Rogue like with AI generation and storytelling ? EverythingRL :
https://spferical.itch.io/everythingrl

This is every game.

Well, kind of. EverythingRL creates a detailed and immersive game world by mixing AI with existing procedural generation algorithms. You decide the theme of the game, and the AI does the rest -- from designing weapons and armor to monster design to level generation. It's a mix of old and new, but just as rogue-like and fun as things have ever been.

Ever wanted to play a roguelike version of Alien Isolation? Well, now you can.

What about a pirate roguelike with talking sharks? Definitely.

Or a Lord of the Rings roguelike? Easy.

Or a Lord of the Rings roguelike, but everyone is a cat? You bet.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:13:43 pm by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 19, 2024, 03:16:29 am »

I could deal with 7D2D's idea of challenge.....but the performance is still completely unacceptable for long-term play.
I remember back when I fist bought that game it ran pretty well, but it seemed like with every update the performance just got worse and worse until it was unplayable.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 19, 2024, 04:28:00 am »

b12 a11 server on 7dtd1.0 come in big bird
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: June 19, 2024, 04:41:30 pm »

I could deal with 7D2D's idea of challenge.....but the performance is still completely unacceptable for long-term play.
I remember back when I fist bought that game it ran pretty well, but it seemed like with every update the performance just got worse and worse until it was unplayable.

It's all fun and games until around Day 40. Up to that point it seems like everything is stable. But then the FPS death hits around midway through the night. And by Day 70, it starts to lag as soon as the first waves appear.

Damn shame because, jank aside, I really enjoy the game. It's just not feasible to build a huge defense and have it actually be playable.

I think partly because you cannot really fight a horde at your base, they'll ruin it and you'll have tons of clean up to do. So you have to build a base for horde night, and usually build it out in the middle of an open space for good sight lines. But that means there's no occlusion at play so as soon as you get ~25 zombies in your viewable area, FPS tanks like a mofo.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 21, 2024, 11:31:07 am »

Played Shadows: Awakening for a few minutes and have found it has some interesting potential, voice acting so far is excellent and the jump between shadow and light realms is very reminding of old Soul Reaver.

Found some interesting anecdote about the game :
https://www.gog.com/forum/shadows_awakening/how_does_it_relate_to_shadows_heretic_kingdoms

First, there was Kult: Heretic Kingdom, also known as Heretic Kingdom: The Inquisition.

The sequel to this game was suppose to be in two parts: the first one, Shadows Heretic Kingdoms Book I: Devourer of Souls, and the second one, Shadows Heretic Kingdoms Book II: Age of Demons.

The Book I has been simply renamed Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and the Book II has never been released, because just before Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms was released, the publisher bitComposer Entertainment AG filed for insolvency.

So, with time, Games Farm managed to buy back the publishing and distribution rights to the games.

Then, instead of making Book II, they decided to remake the Book I AND the Book II altogether, and so arrived Shadows: Awakening, which is Book I (Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms) and previously unseen Book II in a single game.

So, to answer your question, no need to play Shadows: Heretic Kingdom, as it is approximately the first half of Shadows: Awakening.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 27, 2024, 03:49:04 am »

Palworld update. New area, new Pals, a bunch of new things. New buildings include a Cool Food Box(finally, goddamn), Sulfur and Coal mines, meaning you don't have to build bases specifically for these resources, and a Pal Disassembly Conveyor, which is probably as cursed as it sounds. Building structures looks like it's been improved greatly. I won't be getting around to play it since I have a bunch of other things on my plate right now. Also it's a 18GB download, so holy crap.

I wonder if there should be a dedicated thread for Palworld. It seems like the kind of game people around here would be into.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 05, 2024, 12:29:23 pm »

Check out Alien Horizon, y'all.

It's a hard-sf colony builder that's giving me strong Outpost'y vibes (i.e. the old Sierra game).
Your colony ship lands on a planet that's about as shit as Mars, only without the benefit of having Earth around the corner to help you out. So you try to eke out a self-sufficient colony out of fuck all before your supplies run out.
And since every building and recipe needs like a bazillion components, from steel and concrete to cables, furniture, appliances, way too many types of electronics, machines, gasses, and alloys - and all of the structures are subject to wear and tear - you need to create a rather overwhelming number of production chains. All the while, you have keep your colonists from giving up hope.
Imagine Surviving Mars, but everything is hard, everything takes time, nothing is handwaved away, there are no shortcuts to anything, the planet is bleak, and the outlook is bleak. And yet, it feels kinda relaxing. There are no enemies, no crisis events, no earthquakes or asteroids. Your greatest foe is likely going to be overbuilding with shit you don't need, and straining your logistics.
It's just you vs an unglamorous, stark and serene, unwelcoming rock.

The game is in an 'Alpha preview' stage. So there's some jank, and a few placeholders here and there. The guy lass is apparently in the process of rewriting a lot of the internals, so it's very much not the final product.
On the other hand, it feels quite complete, if somewhat buggy. About as complete as Outpost ever was, iirc.
And, most importantly, it's FREE. That is to say, it's donationware. So you can show your appreciation to the dev at your own discretion.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 05:11:20 pm by Il Palazzo »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2527 on: July 05, 2024, 01:59:32 pm »

That's the second time Alien Horizon has come up on my radar. I wasn't impressed the first time, but I guess this warrants putting some hours into it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 11, 2024, 10:32:12 am »

I've been getting into Midnight Suns, which I picked up off of one of Epic's freebie giveaways.

It's an interesting mix of tactical turn-based battling (with a deck-based moves system) and what I can only describe as a Marvel hero dating simulator; with some minor exploration and collection stuff bolted on.

So far the plot and dialog have only been average-to-decent, but I'm really quite enjoying the combat. Figuring out how to manage knockback, positioning, and your limited card plays/resources to inflict maximum damage on your (usually rather overwhelming number of) enemies is good fun.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 18, 2024, 05:32:19 pm »

There's a thread but I don't feel like digging for it atm.

Path of Exile : Settlers of Kalguur

The league where they have you play a city builder minigame in your ARPG, because why the fuck not. At this point every new league feels like the devs challenging themselves what  new completely unrelated genre can they bash into the basic ARPG formula.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 22, 2024, 08:28:33 am »

https://www.whatbeatsrock.com/

Just a fun little AI-powered game where you have to find something that beats your previous input.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 25, 2024, 10:35:18 am »

Noticed gog is making a giveaway of  " Fallout London " that i never heard about before :
https://www.gog.com/game/fallout_london

Then noticed after claiming it (this was not stated on the "get Fallout London" banner) that in fact you are required to own Fallout 4 and all its DLC to play that game

And despite the "giveaway" is only a few days left, in fact Fallout London is not a giveway at all because it is and will be always free.
So basically Fallout London is a Fallout 4 enormous (40gb !) and free  DLC

Even if you have the game on steam and not on gog, apparently you can still get Fallout London by using a Fallout 4 downgrader tool  :
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/81933
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 10:38:57 am by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 25, 2024, 07:43:59 pm »

7 Days to Die finally released its 1.0. Never thought that'd happen, did you?

...And it's about as shit as I expected it to be. Food and water nearly impossible to find, so far as I can tell. And while that won't kill you, it will cripple you. As will the slightest hit from a zombie, resulting an injury will take two hours realtime to heal untreated, 40 minutes if treated. And that's if you don't aggravate the injury by doing basically anything other than walk at a reduced speed.

Crafting recipes are gated behind random looted skill books, and what the hell do you need so many. For example you need about a dozen of the one specific skill book that covers crafting seeds just to be able to craft any kind of food seed. I think I found three in the hour or so I played.

Presumably, late game is probably more enjoyable, but it's hard to stick around that long when everything up to that point is a constant kick in the balls.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 26, 2024, 03:53:18 am »

That game had the potential to be something great but over time it just became so shit.

Is Fallout London like a fan made DLC or is it a total conversion?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 26, 2024, 03:55:45 am »

Free total conversion built on Fallout 4. It requires downgrading Fallout 4 to the previous version to work.

Link to GOG page for Fallout: London. Big, multipart download if you don't use GOG Galaxy.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 174