Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169]

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 304266 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #2520 on: June 18, 2024, 07:10:25 pm »

Rogue like with AI generation and storytelling ? EverythingRL :
https://spferical.itch.io/everythingrl

This is every game.

Well, kind of. EverythingRL creates a detailed and immersive game world by mixing AI with existing procedural generation algorithms. You decide the theme of the game, and the AI does the rest -- from designing weapons and armor to monster design to level generation. It's a mix of old and new, but just as rogue-like and fun as things have ever been.

Ever wanted to play a roguelike version of Alien Isolation? Well, now you can.

What about a pirate roguelike with talking sharks? Definitely.

Or a Lord of the Rings roguelike? Easy.

Or a Lord of the Rings roguelike, but everyone is a cat? You bet.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:13:43 pm by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 19, 2024, 03:16:29 am »

I could deal with 7D2D's idea of challenge.....but the performance is still completely unacceptable for long-term play.
I remember back when I fist bought that game it ran pretty well, but it seemed like with every update the performance just got worse and worse until it was unplayable.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 19, 2024, 04:28:00 am »

b12 a11 server on 7dtd1.0 come in big bird
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: June 19, 2024, 04:41:30 pm »

I could deal with 7D2D's idea of challenge.....but the performance is still completely unacceptable for long-term play.
I remember back when I fist bought that game it ran pretty well, but it seemed like with every update the performance just got worse and worse until it was unplayable.

It's all fun and games until around Day 40. Up to that point it seems like everything is stable. But then the FPS death hits around midway through the night. And by Day 70, it starts to lag as soon as the first waves appear.

Damn shame because, jank aside, I really enjoy the game. It's just not feasible to build a huge defense and have it actually be playable.

I think partly because you cannot really fight a horde at your base, they'll ruin it and you'll have tons of clean up to do. So you have to build a base for horde night, and usually build it out in the middle of an open space for good sight lines. But that means there's no occlusion at play so as soon as you get ~25 zombies in your viewable area, FPS tanks like a mofo.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 21, 2024, 11:31:07 am »

Played Shadows: Awakening for a few minutes and have found it has some interesting potential, voice acting so far is excellent and the jump between shadow and light realms is very reminding of old Soul Reaver.

Found some interesting anecdote about the game :
https://www.gog.com/forum/shadows_awakening/how_does_it_relate_to_shadows_heretic_kingdoms

First, there was Kult: Heretic Kingdom, also known as Heretic Kingdom: The Inquisition.

The sequel to this game was suppose to be in two parts: the first one, Shadows Heretic Kingdoms Book I: Devourer of Souls, and the second one, Shadows Heretic Kingdoms Book II: Age of Demons.

The Book I has been simply renamed Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and the Book II has never been released, because just before Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms was released, the publisher bitComposer Entertainment AG filed for insolvency.

So, with time, Games Farm managed to buy back the publishing and distribution rights to the games.

Then, instead of making Book II, they decided to remake the Book I AND the Book II altogether, and so arrived Shadows: Awakening, which is Book I (Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms) and previously unseen Book II in a single game.

So, to answer your question, no need to play Shadows: Heretic Kingdom, as it is approximately the first half of Shadows: Awakening.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 27, 2024, 03:49:04 am »

Palworld update. New area, new Pals, a bunch of new things. New buildings include a Cool Food Box(finally, goddamn), Sulfur and Coal mines, meaning you don't have to build bases specifically for these resources, and a Pal Disassembly Conveyor, which is probably as cursed as it sounds. Building structures looks like it's been improved greatly. I won't be getting around to play it since I have a bunch of other things on my plate right now. Also it's a 18GB download, so holy crap.

I wonder if there should be a dedicated thread for Palworld. It seems like the kind of game people around here would be into.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169]