Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 174

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 320086 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #1035 on: January 12, 2021, 10:24:45 pm »

What ever did happen to the combine the last 2 games you played thread? I'm guessing it spawned this:

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 12, 2021, 11:48:17 pm »

I find myself kind of disappointed that it isn't 'Baba is Hot', because grandma, and... okay, I'll see myself out.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 13, 2021, 12:43:15 pm »

In addition to just purchasing all of the Capitalism Lab stuff, I find myself playing a bunch of free games (demo or otherwise) on Steam.

Subnautica but not. I've only put a few minutes into it. There are a few bugs. Performance is better than the videos imply, at least on my aging 3rd gen i5 and GTX 960.

FTL meets 40k and Hc Svnt Dracones. Again, buggy. More so than the last game. Has promise if those get smoothed out and I'll be replaying to try and create some better repro steps to hand over.

Grand Theft Horse. The game's subtitle is spot on. I'm on board for most of the humor but some of it just isn't all that funny. Plays pretty much like the old top down GTA games.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 20, 2021, 12:09:45 pm »

If anyone still play good old Total Annihilation, the Escalation mod reached a new milestone with a new release that unleash their T4 tier filled with huge sea, air and ground super units into the game for more explosions and lots of new stuff.
https://taesc.tauniverse.com

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 20, 2021, 02:31:42 pm »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/761830/Mr_Prepper/

I watched some footage of the beta and I'm mildly intrigued by it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 21, 2021, 07:42:05 pm »

Posting here because I haven't played too much and I can't be bothered making a dedicated thread.

Dyson Sphere Program just released into EA on Steam. The gist of it is, Factorio, but on a stellar scale. Now, the devs are Chinese so there's some engrish present but I think the deal is that you're in a simulation of sorts or something and your task is to build dyson spheres around stars. Whatever, the story isn't terribly important, the gameplay is, and from the couple of hours I've played it's pretty good.
You start with only your little mecha guy and you go around gathering stuff before getting machines that can do it for you, automate further to unlock more advanced stuff so that you can automate even further. If you've played any of the increasing number of factory building games you know the loop. Of course you then expand to other planets and solar systems to get more stuff and it sort of escalates from there. I haven't reached the space stage quite yet as I'm in the process of getting my T2 science pack equivalent up and running.
Some notable things about it (atleast for me), first off, the music, it has a fairly strong Stellaris vibe which means it's pretty damn good if you like that sort of synthy space opera music. Second, the interface is pretty damn sweet and well executed, it's clear the devs played games like these before and have learned how to make everything quickly and easily accessible, manual crafting is intuitive and easily scalable, building stuff is also pretty cool because you essentially start with the Factorio equivalent of drones so you get a pretty nice range.
The controls themselves are kinda cool since you can WASD or just right-click around to make the robot move. There's also jetpacking which is a pretty fun way of getting around.

It's currently on a small discount and can be picked up for 15 Eurobucks or your equivalent and I'd say it's pretty worth it from what I've seen so far and it seems that they'll be making it bigger and better down the line as well.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 22, 2021, 06:01:28 am »

Noticed this html5 game, very fun for a few minutes :
https://twotinydice.itch.io/forward

While the concept is different, it reminded me of this one :
https://watabou.itch.io/patient-rogue

Too bad there's no downloadable version of those.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 26, 2021, 07:19:15 am »

I've been playing the Trepang2 demo. It's pretty fun, in a power fantasy-ish kind of way that appeals to a caveman such as myself. It essentially comes across as something like 2 parts F.E.A.R blended with 1 part ULTRAKILL and 1 part Crysis.

So ya, I like the demo and I will be watching for the game's release.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:21:19 am by Fire and Glory »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 27, 2021, 11:54:10 am »

Recently heard about a rather interesting freebie named cosmoteer :
https://walternaterealities.itch.io/cosmoteer

Checking Bay12 there used to be a thread few years ago while the game had another name
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159051.0

The game is about building up your spaceship with various tiles , and have a crew operating it and then duking it out with other space ships a bit like in "Gratuitous Space Battles".
Not sure how long it can be interesting, but the few space battle i had were rather fun, though i have yet to master the art of making ships as half my guns weren't powered and i didn't even had enough crew for all the things in my ship.

Anyone has played it long enough to see if the potential i see in this game can keep it replay value high ?
Apparently there are mods available for it too :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XsjYmUvxm0Q5J9UIeITnRIiNhts4OaR0ioUs64kaY1c/edit?usp=sharing
https://forum.cosmoteer.net/t/mods
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:48:16 pm by Robsoie »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 28, 2021, 09:09:20 am »

Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles is going to be pulled from the Steam store come Sunday due to licensing issues, so for the very last days they're going to be having a 90% off sale for people who want to get in on the game before they can no longer buy it.

Having put almost a hundred hours into the game, and doing that before they added all the chaos campaigns into the game, I'd say it's definitely worth taking a peek at. It absolutely has its shortcomings, and the main reason I didn't play for considerably longer is because the devs were focusing on adding new content rather than digging down and fixing the horror that is the game's melee combat system.

Man O' War is a seafaring adventure game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, on a map covering the coast of the Old World from Kislev all the way down to Tilea and the pirate-nation of Sartosa. Recruit, manage and equip your crew; sail a variety of ship designs and outfit them to your specifications; hunt massive sea monsters (my favorite pastime), fend off orkish incursions, run envoy missions and trade runs, or simply float around hunting for pirates. Watch as the various nations interact with each other, starting wars and forging alliances, claiming and occupying their enemies' ports and being forced out from their own holdings, changing the political shape of the Old World forever. Also, hiring a bright wizard to serve on your wooden boat is totally a fine idea.

P.S.: Skaven definitely don't exist, but if they did then you should probably watch the fuck out for plague censer ships with a gray seer onboard who can just skitterleap the whole damn thing directly into the side of your galleon. Don't give them the opportunity.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2021, 01:18:55 pm »

I had lot of fun with this original and excellent Terra Nil mentionned in the free games thread.
For now the Mountain map (the 3rd map) is bankrupting me a lot before even reaching the 3rd phase.

If someone else have trouble with the same map, i found this video with some nice tricks and tactic that can be usefull there (even despite the map random generation) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqg3dOeSV4I

edit : yes ! thanks to the rivers closing zone and fire guiding path tricks from that video, i finally managed to beat that puzzling mountain map :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Took me some attempts before getting it right, and thanks the dev for the undo button :D
I just hope the next map, Peninsula, will not drive me mad.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:51:29 pm by Robsoie »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 28, 2021, 02:57:56 pm »

Do you enjoy D&D?

Have you ever wondered which CR-equivalent creature would win in a fight?

Do you want to bet in an illegal goblin-run fighting arena?

Does jeering at people bring you joy?

Goblin Bet has you covered.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 28, 2021, 03:43:31 pm »

Do you enjoy D&D?

Have you ever wondered which CR-equivalent creature would win in a fight?

Do you want to bet in an illegal goblin-run fighting arena?

Does jeering at people bring you joy?

Goblin Bet has you covered.

Rigged as fuck; The grappled condition doesn't work like that!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 28, 2021, 04:03:50 pm »

Plague Inc. has released "The Cure" DLC for the price of free "until Covid-19 is under control".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 28, 2021, 06:26:11 pm »

Huh. So it's saltybet, but D&D encounter tables. I can dig it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 174