Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 174

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 320056 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #1005 on: December 15, 2020, 01:59:00 pm »

Magical girls rebuild a cat cafe. I will probably be getting it soon.
Not getting mauled by mama bear.  0/10
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 15, 2020, 02:28:32 pm »

You can also be Sad Unshaven Elk-man, based on the screenshots too!
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 16, 2020, 03:04:37 am »

From watching the trailer I get the impression that a lot of it is picking up random animals and shaking them, and them not caring.

10/10 Would give random animals shaken baby syndrome again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 17, 2020, 03:58:29 am »

Testing Prison Architect thanks to gog freebie release, i learned 2 things

- playing in windowed mode will screw up the interface as said interface does not really adjust at all so depending on the size of your windowed mode you may miss buttons or buttons would display nearly over each other.

- the devs certainly knew that because they allowed you to resize those UI buttons with the key + and - , that's great but that's working correctly for qwerty keyboards, on some (not all apparently) non-qwerty keyboards, the key that correspond to the "scale up the UI" works without problem, but there's no key in the whole keyboard that will do the function of the "scale down the UI".

Fortunately there's a solution instead of just going back to fullscreen, so in case someone run into that specific annoyance,  go to
YourDriveName:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\

Open the "preferences.txt" and change the variable "UiScale" that by default is 1.00000 to another number
Less than 1.0 will make the UI and buttons smaller and more than 1.0 will make them larger.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 17, 2020, 05:15:18 am »

This preview demo of Rising World's Unity version is out. It looks fantastic.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 17, 2020, 10:30:45 am »

With the Prison Architect freebie from gog, toying around building prisons from scratch (without any mutator enabled as i'm far from knowledgable enough already in the default gameplay), i was having an overpopulation problem as i completely forgot to take care of the "Intake" level while building things that weren't more cells.
Sure it was making money, but the amount of people going nuts in my prison was hilarious .

After some riots and other events, the problem solved itself when rioters decided to play with fire.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D

Now to rebuild the canteen and kitchen

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1011 on: December 17, 2020, 04:52:59 pm »

Might be a bit of a necro, but it's got it's own thread, and you're definitely on topic there.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116914.msg8145261#msg8145261
Given the giveaway, I'm sure other people would be happy to see it bumped.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 23, 2020, 07:55:04 am »

Reading the Brigador FAQ , there was a section of computer digitized voice that made me learn about the existence of a "game" i never heard about before, "Dr Sbaitso"
Dr. Sbaitso was distributed with various sound cards manufactured by Creative Labs (the name was an acronym for Sound Blaster Artificial Intelligent Text to Speech Operator) in the early 1990s.

The program "conversed" with the user as if it were a psychologist, though most of its responses were along the lines of "WHY DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY?" rather than any sort of complicated interaction. When confronted with a phrase it could not understand, it would often reply with something such as "THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM". Dr. Sbaitso repeated text out loud that was typed after the word "SAY". Repeated swearing or abusive behavior on the part of the user caused Dr. Sbaitso to "break down" in a "PARITY ERROR" before resetting itself.
Never having owned a sound blaster it probably explain why i never saw that game.
You can check it on the archive.org website.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 25, 2020, 05:53:52 pm »

ey yo, is anybody playin PD2? (project diablo 2)

if you dont, and you have a legit cdkey of the game, consider it, it's nice
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 26, 2020, 01:37:05 pm »

ModDB Editor Choice mod of the year :
https://www.moddb.com/groups/2020-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/editors-choice-mod-of-the-year-2020

The Player choice awards will happen in slightly more than a day. I wonder how similar/different it will be.

EDIT : ModDB Player choice mod of the year is now done :
https://www.moddb.com/groups/2020-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/players-choice-mod-of-the-year-2020
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:34:10 am by Robsoie »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 28, 2020, 06:10:44 am »

Those lists baffle me a bit. Doom mods? Ok. Half life mods? WTF. They not only make mods for BFME2, most boring RTS i played (really, even C&C Generals' fuck-off campaigns are somehow more interesting than that), but one of them is also best mod of the year? Ok. Just ok. It's hard to believe it is possible to undumb that thing, but ok. Will check out Perisno, though.
EDIT: Oh god, there are mods for first Quake!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:16:09 am by MCreeper »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 28, 2020, 06:44:58 am »

https://www.moddb.com/groups/2020-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100 is a list of all the games in the top 100? Yegads. I think a major shortcoming of that list is that, well, it has to be on ModDB.

...And do people actually like Crysis Enhanced Edition? I find myself actively repulsed by it to a surprising degree.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 28, 2020, 07:05:56 am »

Most of the mods i play with are never reaching those awards for some reasons.

It also seem there are less and less highly moddable games and engine, there are often very limited modding for modern titles, so it's not surprising to see mods for Doom or Quake still going on with active communities as you could mod absolutely everything , even the engine itself back then.

By example, which recent game would allow some very talented individuals to take such an old game like Doom2 (yes, Doom2) and completely rework it into this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IITZDBvqE
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:08:48 am by Robsoie »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1018 on: December 28, 2020, 09:24:12 am »

By example, which recent game would allow some very talented individuals to take such an old game like Doom2 (yes, Doom2) and completely rework it into this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IITZDBvqE
You will need Doom 2 to be able to play the mod, along with the latest version of GZDoom
Well hot damn. That's a bit crazy. They definitely brought that engine into the 21st century.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 29, 2020, 11:59:36 am »

Why not call it a separate game at this point?

Didn't we have a M&B Warband thread that isn't old and dead as a mammoth?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 174