Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team B  (Read 4788 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team B
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 01:09:17 pm »

The game has started! Please post your actions, in addition to the field you are deploying in. As the defense team, you have the choice of deploying anywhere, the grassland, forest, or mountains. The Goal is in the mountains, and you believe the enemy is coming in through the grasslands or forest. Also as defense, you have had plenty of time to set up, so take that into account when planning your actions!

Your allies:
5 Mook Alchemists

Good luck!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 02:41:29 pm »

okay, finished creating my pilot, please judge before deploying into forest. if you have any edit requests, PM me and I will try to adjust them.
also, for the sake of roleplay, can Alex Anderson be my superior and as such, have a way of relaying orders/information to me?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 03:11:10 pm »

okay, finished creating my pilot, please judge before deploying into forest. if you have any edit requests, PM me and I will try to adjust them.
also, for the sake of roleplay, can Alex Anderson be my superior and as such, have a way of relaying orders/information to me?

It looks good. Would you like one of your weapons to be designated anti-infantry and the other anti-mech? Right now, they both sound like anti-mech.

Sure, though as a Playtest it will generally be roleplay-light. Mechs generally have a built-in communication system, ranging from grainy radio to full holograms. As long as Romans agrees to this, he can have a direct-comm radio. He probably already has one to communicate with his troops anyway.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »

It looks good. Would you like one of your weapons to be designated anti-infantry and the other anti-mech? Right now, they both sound like anti-mech.

Sure, though as a Playtest it will generally be roleplay-light. Mechs generally have a built-in communication system, ranging from grainy radio to full holograms. As long as Romans agrees to this, he can have a direct-comm radio. He probably already has one to communicate with his troops anyway.
Technically, the splattercannon is a (very weak in direct combat)all rounder, and the other is CQC/anti armor. He's meant to support stronger units while at the same time still hold his own.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 04:10:32 pm »

Technically, the splattercannon is a (very weak in direct combat)all rounder, and the other is CQC/anti armor. He's meant to support stronger units while at the same time still hold his own.

I understand what you mean, but game mechanic wise mech weapons are separated into two categories, AM with penalties against infantry and Anti-infantry with penalties against mechs. This is generally to prevent people from taking only one super-powerful weapon and dominating anything and everything else. For this reason, it is common for people to take one weapon from each category. I don't really have a way to represent an all-rounder by design  :-\.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 04:18:55 pm »

for my concept, an all-rounder should have penalties against both sides of the coin, but with reduced effect. EG it would have better effect than an anti infantry weapon against a mech, but only by a few degrees, and vice versa. if you must have it fall into one or the other, have the splatter cannon fall into infantry (cause having acid melt your flesh is quite painful.). I would still prefer to keep the other  "side effects" to it, however.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 04:24:55 pm »

That's fine with me :)
And as for defense my boys are going to start booby trapping the forest, with explosives, spike traps,boulders, etc whatever their demented minds can think of :D. As for the Alchemists I will suggest to them(or order?? can I cause i'm an officer??), to make the prairie side more difficult to cross, have them channel the enemy to us and our great welcoming we have for them. Have 5 of my men to go over and help supervise, to help shape the terrain to best suit us and put the enemy at a disadvantage. As for  Tech.Sgt Dustan Hache I would like him to stay in the mountains for now, due to his great mobility he can strike at either side with great speed when we need backup.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »

I'm gonna hit them mountains.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 04:56:51 pm »

Okay, so change deployment to edge of the mountains, near the border of the forest then.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »

for my concept, an all-rounder should have penalties against both sides of the coin, but with reduced effect. EG it would have better effect than an anti infantry weapon against a mech, but only by a few degrees, and vice versa. if you must have it fall into one or the other, have the splatter cannon fall into infantry (cause having acid melt your flesh is quite painful.). I would still prefer to keep the other  "side effects" to it, however.

I can understand the concept, the problem is that having a single weapon that can kill anything OK can be abused easier than having two separate weapon categories. Thanks for putting up with the annoyance! Of course, the side effects remain as normal, I was never thinking of removing them.

That's fine with me :)
And as for defense my boys are going to start booby trapping the forest, with explosives, spike traps,boulders, etc whatever their demented minds can think of :D. As for the Alchemists I will suggest to them(or order?? can I cause i'm an officer??), to make the prairie side more difficult to cross, have them channel the enemy to us and our great welcoming we have for them. Have 5 of my men to go over and help supervise, to help shape the terrain to best suit us and put the enemy at a disadvantage. As for  Tech.Sgt Dustan Hache I would like him to stay in the mountains for now, due to his great mobility he can strike at either side with great speed when we need backup.

You can indeed order around the Mooks as an officer. They will generally take any suggestions given to them by non-officer PCs as well.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 05:59:00 pm »

You can indeed order around the Mooks as an officer. They will generally take any suggestions given to them by non-officer PCs as well.
Well I do so then and suggest the purifier's spread out as seen fit, one purifier and my squad should be good for the forest. My snipers will stay on the plain's side as well as 3 others, to bolster you guys.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 06:11:33 pm »

I'll go with your troop.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 06:13:35 pm »

Montains
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »

Team B Actions:

Yhaesimir Khraine has deployed in the Forest!
Alexandreus has deployed in the Mountains!
N'inaque Von Llofnnough has deployed in the Mountains!
Alexander Anderson has deployed in the Forest!
Tech.Sgt Dustan Hache has deployed in the Mountains!
5 Alchemist Mooks have deployed in the Grassland!

Under Anderson's orders, the Alchemist begin working on defenses to slow any advancement. Having some time, they dig a series of deep and wide trenches leading to the lake at the center, creating a moat like effect making it difficult to cross directly. Behind that, they dug a series of holes allowing your soldiers to hide their heads and harass any incoming enemies. They report they would have expanded to a series of tunnels, if given the time. Finally, as a last line of defense, a standard trench was dug near the base of the mountain/grassland border.

Likewise, the boobytrapping went well. Explosive taps where placed around the forest, simple holes with spiked sticks jutting out of the bottom, foot holes filled with spikes, and falling logs have been set up. Vietnam would be proud. They relay the general area to all Friendly units, giving them a bonus to traversing the forest, though there is still a chance that even an ally can set one off if they are uncareful in the woods.

From his hidden pit, a sniper assigned with the Alchemists reports troop movement in the grasslands. He can not see the exact amount, but believes a large attack is incoming.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 02:52:43 pm »

I am going to keep myself hidden along the border between the forest and the mountains, using the trees for cover. if I receive orders, I'll check if the coast is clear before moving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4