Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team B  (Read 4791 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team B
« on: November 21, 2015, 12:35:21 pm »

Team B Players:
Yourmaster
Salsacookies
Funk
Dustan Hache
Romans

Alright! First off, I will need everyone to make a simple character using the Alchamech rules (reposted below). Feel free to make it similar to the character that you will be playing, but be aware that your Comrade today may be your Foe tomorrow and some things work better if they are kept meta-secret. We don't need complex characters, plot, or backstories, since this is just a test, but its not preventing them.

Alchamech character creation (copied here, typos and all...)
In Alchemech, you have four choices for a class:

Alchamech Pilot: Of course, the guys who drive the titular "Alchemechs". Normal humans, often with good reflexes and aim if they want to live long, who drive magical war machines. These machines can range from just larger than a man to the size of real-life battle ships. This usually requires some training on what symbol does what, which only takes a few months. They often bond with a single machine their entire carrier, upgrading it as necessary, due to the habit of machine forming "Homunculus" AI-like intelligence from poorly understood integrations between man and machine.

Alchemist: A combination of chemist and magician, the lifeblood of the world. After studying for years in a collage, you have learned how the world works and are able to change it with simple drawings and orders. As a military alchemist, you serve a role somewhere between combat engineer and ground-infantry, using your knowlage to help build defense, repair things, and destroy the enemy. Some alchemist choose one focus, such as destroying things, and generally choose to focus even more on that, such as "Destroying things with fire".

Officer: A normal human, who doesn't pile a mech or use magic. Instead, you used your time to advance through the ranks, either through an ROTC like program, through field experience, or by paying your way. This gives you something just as powerful: Authority. Officers command a small group of loyal infantry troops from the start, and have sway over overall military strategy, capable of directing the fire of Alchemecs and alchemists. It is typical for someone, on obtaining the rank of officer, be given a Alreona type Homunculus using their own DNA as a base. Alreona Homunculus are flask-born "sons" or "daughters" of the officer, bonded like a machine. They are the most loyal soldier, fanatically so, who act almost as humans do and very from appearance from a young child to grey-haired in age, giving the officer at least a chance in one-on-one fights.

Purified: It is often said the goal of Alchemy was to purify the body and soul. You got the body part down. The Purified are alchemically augment super soldiers. This can take many forms. Some have special tattoos or symbols that glow when activated, filling them with strength or energy. Others where horribly injured, having to replace their own flesh with specially made flask-flesh or Alchamechanical parts. Others where simply born this way, like Alreona type homunculus or even a achemicanicle butler with a particularly impressive hurmonculus of its own. They are often sent to combat alone with their weapon of choice and plenty of ammunition, they are often able to take an Alchmech in single combat. Some particularly strong ones can bisect an Alchemech with a single blow of a sword or axe, others simply pump high-caliber lead into the cockpit at point-blank range.

All right. Two suggestions so far for d100, I guess I will just go with that. Each class has their own character sheet, showing their own skills.

Alchemech Pilot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alchemist:

Officer:

Purified

/End creation.

Mission Briefing:
A mass mobilization has been detected, there seems to be a decent sized detachment arriving from  Hermes Trismegistus to our border near the Ridge mountains. It seems they have found the location of one of our largest supply depots we have been using to support the front line. Tons upon tons of munitions are being stored at this location, from infantry weapons to shells for our alchamechs. It had relied on secrecy to keep it safe, it is obviose that that is no longer enough. You must push the attackers back, or wipe them out if possible. We are sending reinforcements to guard the location, if you can achieve victory here we can fully garrison the location. If this cache is destroyed, or worse captured, our supply lines would suffer a devastating blow. Don't let that happen.

Battlefield:
A well kept forest leading towards a large range of mountains. Alternatively, to the North, there is an open grassland with a lake, where the forest had been cut back.

Allies:
Reinforcements will be decided based on the choices of both teams, for balance.

Foes:
???

Once everyone (Or the majority of everyone) is prepare, the test-game will begin. New players may join at any time, and will likely be placed directly onto the battlefield.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:47:30 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Comrads and Foes: Alchamech Team B
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:02:30 pm »

Purified:
Name: Yhaesimir Khraine
Inventory: Pistol and short sword.

General Skills:
Melee: 40
Strength: 40
Agility: 40
Guns: 40
Dodge: 40

Purified Abilities:
Enhanced Skill:
Melee: 20
Strength: 20
Agility: 20
Guns: 20
Dodge: 20
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:34:08 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »

Bump.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 05:48:12 pm »

Let's go for a team of pure purifieds! Going to post character.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »

Purified:
Name: Alexandreus
Inventory: A halberd
General Skills:
Guns: 0
Melee: 100
Dodge:0
Strength: 50
Agility: 50

Purified Abilities:

Armor: 10
Weapon Specialty: Halberds 25
Special: Electromagnetism 65.
10/10.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:16:07 pm »

+1
Here's mine
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 07:46:37 pm »

Purified:
Name: Yhaesimir Khraine
Inventory: Pistol and short sword.

General Skills:
Melee: 40
Strength: 40
Agility: 40
Guns: 40
Dodge: 40

Purified Abilities:
Enhanced Skill:
Melee: 20
Strength: 20
Agility: 20
Guns: 20
Dodge: 20

Very balanced. I saw you change it from the min/maxed one  :P. Very good for play-testing!

Purified:
Name: Alexandreus
Inventory: A halberd
General Skills:
Guns: 0
Melee: 100
Dodge:0
Strength: 50
Agility: 50

Purified Abilities:

Armor: 10
Weapon Specialty: Halberds 25
Special: Electromagnetism 65.

Are you sure you want 0 dodge with a melee character? It might make it hard to get close enough to use that massive damage. Otherwise you are good to go! Would you like to clarify the electromagnetism ability?

+1
Here's mine

Yikes! That is a lot of points into the general skills! Sorry, but you only get 200. I think this is my fault (Well, year+ ago my fault) in clarification. To explain again, most classes get 100 "General" points and 200 "Specialized" points. Purified have this switched around-getting 200 "General" and getting only 100 "Specialized". I didn't mean that they got 400 points to spend, only that the number that they did get (200) was double what the others get (100). Sorry for the confusion!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 08:01:37 pm »

Mmh, you're right. 25 dodge, 25 agility? Also, electromagnetism is control over... magnetism. He's pretty good at it, but not to the atomic scale.
10/10.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 08:25:31 pm »

Mmh, you're right. 25 dodge, 25 agility? Also, electromagnetism is control over... magnetism. He's pretty good at it, but not to the atomic scale.

Alright, change noted. Its fine, you don't have to specify, I thing I got the just of it  :P. 65 points is pretty powerful, but don't try to do anything *too* crazy.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:15:56 pm »

Sorry but Combo breaker plus you guys need some support in order to go in and wreck house.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:40:20 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 09:34:08 pm »

Nice to see an officer in here. That is my second favorite class in this game!
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

Yikes! That is a lot of points into the general skills! Sorry, but you only get 200. I think this is my fault (Well, year+ ago my fault) in clarification. To explain again, most classes get 100 "General" points and 200 "Specialized" points. Purified have this switched around-getting 200 "General" and getting only 100 "Specialized". I didn't mean that they got 400 points to spend, only that the number that they did get (200) was double what the others get (100). Sorry for the confusion!

Edited because Stirk forgot to poof read.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »

Sorry but Combo breaker plus you guys need some support in order to go in and wreck house.

Alright, looks good!

Edited because Stirk forgot to poof read.

Hey, I wrote that like two years ago  :P. Gimme a break!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

Name: Tech.Sgt Dustan Hache.
Inventory:Mauser PDW Pistol With folding stock, Alchemech Pilot Armor, and 2 50 round splattercannon clips.

Pilot Stats:
Alchemechal Aiming:30. Most of his aiming is done for him by keeping up close and personal when he chooses to strike, or assisted by his AI  when the maneuver involves teleporting or rushing through fire.
Alchemechal Maneuvering:20. While he is a bit of an adrenaline junkie, he still has only human reflexes, and as such the speed of his armor is based on how well he and his AI are coordinating.
Alchemechal Synchronization:40. He and his AI are basically bonded to eachother, half due to the nature of their mech, and half due to a strange personal relation that would normally be discouraged in alchemech pilots. some would even dare to say that they are dating, though suspicions have not been confirmed.
Alchemechal Mechanics: 10. with most of the vital systems being carefully preserved by a single layer of metal, most of the repairs done are to the outer shell rather than the internal workings. he has basic training in that respect, but nothing more.

Alchemech Statistics:
Size: 2. Designed to act more as a recon and assassin than a tank, this armor is light, small, and absurdly agile.
Armor: 18. Even so, a bit of armor plating to prevent a stray bullet from taking out the pilot or the homunculus was needed, and so a bit of plating capable of withstanding a few shots was added on.
Spoiler: Weaponry (click to show/hide)
Homunculus: 50. In order to use some of the equipment on the armor, an advanced AI capable of thousands of calculations was needed, lest the user teleport into a tree and die of suffocation, or simply not reappear. add in the already delicate state of the armor, and evasion became the priority of the homunculus in question, meaning that rapid reaction was needed both mentally and physically.
Maneuvering: 50. the already small size and light weight of the armor are further enhanced by various devices to stabilize the user and keep them moving at high speed, making it into a comparatively fragile, but agile speed machine. coupled with it's weapons and abilities, slowing down is rarely ever done in combat.
Special: Teleport, 20. allows the user to instantly teleport to a location in the nearby vicinity, up to 10 yards away. it preserves momentum and direction. cannot be directly activated, requiring the homunculus to do so along with a somewhat large recharge time.
Also, could short ranged teleportation be an additional ability for my mech when I edit this post and add it in?
Edit: also, what are mech sizes 1-10?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:54:16 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »

Reserved.
Also, could short ranged teleportation be an additional ability for my mech when I edit this post and add it in?
Edit: also, what are mech sizes 1-10?

Yes, though it would have to be fairly expensive to be useful. Things like having a large recharge time would make it cheaper for what it does.

There isn't a direct Size-to-Feet comparison, but in general what Tired! Stick comes up with is:
Size 1-3: Basically powered armor, from skin-tight and razor thin to big and bulky.
Size 4-6: The size of a normal civilian car to large truck, typically standing vertically somehow.
Size 7-10: About the size of an APC to the size of a truck plus another half truck stacked on top of it.

I hope that makes sense to anyone but me  :-\.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4