Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259008 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: Tippler's Koans
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »

"Fuck's sake, fine. I'll be back, I suppose. But knowing the amount of time I've spent on this, Eriksson could very well be on the surface again. Gotta find him if that's the case."

Preemptive Eriksson check! Go look around for him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2016, 08:26:57 pm »

Thomas nodded.  More special effects; not bad.  Those kids must be trained stagehands, like those carnies or whatever they're called.

"Oh I see, it's one of those sonnets... no, haiku poems.  I don't get the part about the refrigerator, though."

Talk.  Keep watching show.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 24, 2016, 05:50:11 am »

Okay, let's see... I try to help pull myself up with the claw arm.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:51:54 am by penguinofhonor »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2016, 09:24:33 am »

Perfect! Now to explore the rest of this keep before Mr. Daniels gets us kicked out.
Exploration time!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:04 pm »

"My frrriend, dat was good one!" Leif laughs giving them affectionate hug. "NOW it'ss mmmy turrrn. Tis songg iss 'bout.... I don't quite rememberr what it wass. We ssung it alot in arrmmy!"

Sing a song about invading Sweden, pillaging, murdering and burning everything.
Ah, I got a brilliant idea! Let's go find some more people inside and have them join our drunken party! Everyone must be drunk!

They don't know what this Sweden place is, but the way you describe it is suggestive of a great need for pillage, murder and burning. They don't really know the words, but you don't think it'd improve their singing if they did. You think you need some other people in your drinking circle.

[The Call of the Grapefruit: 3]

You walk right into one of the nearby hallways and encounter a rather curious Mr. Daniels. He considers your immediate offering of a grapefruit carefully.

"Fuck's sake, fine. I'll be back, I suppose. But knowing the amount of time I've spent on this, Eriksson could very well be on the surface again. Gotta find him if that's the case."

Preemptive Eriksson check! Go look around for him.

[The Erikson Check: 4]

You do hear some singing coming from the foyer, and do note that one of the voices involved bears an uncanny resemblance to Mr. Erikson's. Not without reason, you discover, as you find the bastard moments afterward, coming at you with a grapefruit like you're old friends or something. Seems like you both have impeccable timing.

Thomas nodded.  More special effects; not bad.  Those kids must be trained stagehands, like those carnies or whatever they're called.

"Oh I see, it's one of those sonnets... no, haiku poems.  I don't get the part about the refrigerator, though."

Talk.  Keep watching show.

[Deeper Meanings: 3]

Well, a sonnet can be difficult to decipher if not properly approached, the girl says. Like in this example. The third line is a non-sequitur. Born of a need to adhere to structure. A surprisingly relevant concept, do you not agree?

Okay, let's see... I try to help pull myself up with the claw arm.

[By Hook And Claw: 2]

Unfortunately for your prospects of escape, the arm seems to be lacking in the sort of hooking-grappling functionality you'd expect to be useful in this circumstance. As such, trying to pull yourself up with it is an effort unfortunately doomed to failure.

Perfect! Now to explore the rest of this keep before Mr. Daniels gets us kicked out.
Exploration time!

[Let's Go Exploring: 6]

Your exploration along the walls along the further parts of the hallway (can't really go to the front lest you run into the naked Mr. Daniels again) turns up a most interesting lead! A door! A rather more exciting door than usual, you believe, given that it appears to be rather locked. Heavily locked. Most terribly locked indeed. Almost ominously locked, even. Why, the more you regard it, the more curiosity gets to fill you. What could be beyond this door? Something precious and valuable, or perhaps a testament to acts so heinous that the human mind can scarcely even conceive? Honestly, quite a lot of things could be behind this door. Perhaps even secrets! But how would one navigate a lock this complex, though?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 24, 2016, 07:35:09 pm »

I try to jump for it, then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 24, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »

"Ah, excellent, you made it back. Come with me, save that grapefruit for yourself. Don't like the things."

Go with Eriksson to the chapel! Consent is not an issue.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 24, 2016, 08:41:14 pm »

Thomas scratched his head.  "So... five murderers?  Is this one of the stories and histories, like the crazy doctor tells?  She seems to have a lot of ideas for a complete lunatic."

Miss the point
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 25, 2016, 01:41:36 am »

"...but my friend. It'ss an excellent fruit! Best you can find around here!"

Be led away. Take heed of his suggestion and enjoy the fruit myself, but keep offering another. Everyone needs some alcohol based happiness! His resistance will INEVITABLY crumble.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 25, 2016, 07:54:04 am »

How indeed? Probably with great difficulty, unless someone's left the key in the other side.
Peep through the keyhole, then examine the lock and hinges more thoroughly.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 25, 2016, 09:31:42 am »

I try to jump for it, then.

[Might As Well Jump: 2]

You get up, but unfortunately gravity gets you down. It's quite tough, the toughest luck around.

[Much-Needed Assistance: 2]

It seems your friend knows just how you feel. But sometimes you just need to roll with the punches to get to what's real. Such as when it suddenly disappears from under you after your last jump attempt, leaving you tumbling down to the stone floor with admirable lack of grace. As you get up, you notice the hand of the priestess extended toward you motionlessly.

"Ah, excellent, you made it back. Come with me, save that grapefruit for yourself. Don't like the things."

Go with Eriksson to the chapel! Consent is not an issue.

Yeah, the drunk bastard's coming with you, no two words about it. Of course, his insistence does not diminish, and he claims it is quite

INEVITABLE

that you try one of his fruits. You're not quite sure what happens next, the events blurring into something like several thousand variations of walking, talking and a smattering of grisly violence, but by the time you're at the chapel, Mr. Erikson has three new points of articulation and seems vaguely displeased by the fact. You can't say you didn't adequately warn him, honestly.

Thomas scratched his head.  "So... five murderers?  Is this one of the stories and histories, like the crazy doctor tells?  She seems to have a lot of ideas for a complete lunatic."

Miss the point

It's not a history, it's a prophecy. Well, of sorts. Two thirds of a prophecy, perhaps. And perhaps not nearly as crazy a prophecy as some of what is accepted history. Though admittedly while much of the older histories do contain more than a fair amount of the inexplicable, this particular partial prophecy points to the downright extrauniversal. At least in hindsight, but then isn't that the way of all prophecies?

Three parts, however! Three. She gives you a careful look. She knows of two. What is the third? Something not quite visible to her, or perhaps something entirely extraneous? The stoatmen, maybe. They appear to have been a crucial ingredient to this confluence of events. And their progress has been greatly suspicious, given their relative minority and general lack of training. It has a distasteful tinge of fate about it. Would the meeting of you and these adversaries result in a clash... or a unification?

Hm. There is a great multitude of places to go to next. Perhaps it would be more useful to bring the information here, after a fashion. She concentrates, and the rest of the walls begin to resolve in different kinds of writing, motivational chants replaced with arcane scrawlings and diagrams, all carved with an unfathomably steady hand in what looks like single strokes per image. Quite a bit of information to go through here. Why don't you take a look? Your perspective may be enlightening. Or at least a little fresher than hers.

"...but my friend. It'ss an excellent fruit! Best you can find around here!"

Be led away. Take heed of his suggestion and enjoy the fruit myself, but keep offering another. Everyone needs some alcohol based happiness! His resistance will INEVITABLY crumble.

You have one more grapefruit, and continue badgering Mr. Daniels about having one himself. Seems like such an uptight guy. But you know his type. All it takes is some persistence, and a loosening of moral fiber is ultimately

INEVITABLE

[Word: 1]

You explode into a million probabilities of your path to the chapel, thousands of thousands of variations, intensities and repetitions of your inexplicable grapefruit trick pushing toward Mr. Daniels' psyche, trying to find an opening. You go for broke, exploring the further reaches of probability in search of the ultimate shining shitfaced future for the two of you on this fine Sunday morning... and you slide effortlessly into the one where he looks at your grapefruit with a patient smile, a gentle look in his eyes as he gazes back upon your offering...

... and then lifts you up and breaks you in three sensitive places over his knee. A dreadful accident, he says. Happens a lot when you're drunk, he finds. Might keep happening, you know. Over and over and over again. You don't really like the look of him when he says that. But here you are, next to what looks like a giant stained glass window. Mr. Daniels appears to want you to do something with it.

How indeed? Probably with great difficulty, unless someone's left the key in the other side.
Peep through the keyhole, then examine the lock and hinges more thoroughly.

[What The Butler Saw: 1]

Looking through the keyhole, you spot an eye, surprisingly bright yellow, a black pupil narrowing as it settles to look into yours. It rises up, being exchanged for a chattering, tongueless mouth of sharp black teeth. A horrid smell wafts from the keyhole and you step back a little, then look at the construction of the door. Seems like it's locked, braced and reinforced throughout, with no easy access to hinges by what appears to be deliberate design.

There is, however, a slot on the door. This appears to require a separate, smaller key to open and presumably deposit things into. Or maybe remove things from?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:38 am »

*hic*"..stard. *hic*"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2016, 01:01:52 pm »

I investigate what the zombies are up to now.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »

Go off in search of a key, or maybe a less forbidding but nevertheless just as interesting door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 25, 2016, 04:36:55 pm »

Must be one of those dinner-theater things, like with the pirates or knights, except bigger.  A mystery one, even!  Might as well play along.

"All right, sure.  Let me take a look..."

Read.  Study.  Interpret?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161