Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259030 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: A History of Disagreement
« Reply #795 on: March 16, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »

Okay, uh, maybe I can extend this arm thing and hook it on the peg in the ceiling shaft and pull myself up?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56:14 pm »

Thomas nudged a nearby minder child.  "Pssst.  How is this place coming along?  Do you know when this show is ending?"

Pester pester
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:31 pm »

Once you are at the bottom, you can only go up. Granted, I'm not on the bottom and there's two ways down, but let's not focus on such details.

Upwards sounds like a fine choice. Perhaps it leads me out!
Is there really nothing else but wood? No separate objects anywhere, such as matches?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 17, 2016, 02:31:24 pm »

"You do that, I'll check out the kitchen. You never know.
Try the kitchen? Maybe there are some aprons hanging up, or something.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 17, 2016, 06:21:02 pm »

Daniels gains a distinctly displeased expression upon his face.

"No. Whoever shat and/or died messily in here is going to get a complaint."

Look around for sleeping servants to deliver my murderous complaint to. If found, awaken them by virtue of forcible eviction from their bed.

You check around for sleeping quarters so that you may make your displeasure known in no uncertain terms to any unfortunate listener.

[Extremely Poor Luck: 4]

Fortunately there happen to be some servants' quarters down at the end of the hall, and while they're not quite as full as you'd perhaps expect, there are nevertheless some men and women currently sleeping there. You pick a servant girl in arm's reach up and, when that fails to properly awaken her, give her a good shake.

Huh, she says. What, she asks, eyes still closed. What is it, she asks again after a moment longer. Will you stop shaking her, she then says sleepily.

Okay, uh, maybe I can extend this arm thing and hook it on the peg in the ceiling shaft and pull myself up?

[Improvised Climbing: 3]

You swing the blade at where you roughly remember the peg to be. It clangs once as it makes an impact, then once more. Third time proves to be the charm, luckily, as you manage to catch one of the hinges of the arm on the peg - the arm locks relatively securely onto the peg. Maybe even securely enough to support your weight!

But then again maybe not, you think a minute or so later as your tailbone slowly recovers from the inconvenience of hitting the floor at a somewhat unhealthy place, the arm having landed next to you after the blade harmlessly bonks you on the head edge-on.

Thomas nudged a nearby minder child.  "Pssst.  How is this place coming along?  Do you know when this show is ending?"

Pester pester

[A Fleeting Glimpse: 4]

The small child you elect to pester blinks three times before turning to you slowly. You stare at each other a second before you figure you ought to repeat the question. The child seems unamused. You shouldn't pester him like that. He was having such a nice dream with the others.

Once you are at the bottom, you can only go up. Granted, I'm not on the bottom and there's two ways down, but let's not focus on such details.

Upwards sounds like a fine choice. Perhaps it leads me out!
Is there really nothing else but wood? No separate objects anywhere, such as matches?

[Labyrinths of Anglefork: 5]

If you had to guess, you would say that the upward passage being a way out makes the most sense, and it's high time this structure started obeying the laws of logic and physics in your opinion, so up is where you're gonna go. The shaft spirals and bends, but does not branch, and leads ever upwards in a way that almost begins to fill you with hope.

You are of course terribly pleasantly surprised when you emerge into a much roomier crawlspace after kicking out yet another wooden panel. Vertically roomier, anyway, as evidenced by your ability to stand up in it, if not really move back and forth much. Plenty of room to move sideways though, you find.

"You do that, I'll check out the kitchen. You never know.
Try the kitchen? Maybe there are some aprons hanging up, or something.

[The Kitchen's Treasures: 2]

You find quite a few things in the kitchen - old unwashed pots, a cold hearth, an amazing amount of darkness, wooden knives, forks and spoons for one's exquisite dining pleasure, and even a single plate some careless person seems to have left out. No aprons, however. At least not any in plain view. You try looking inside one of the cupboards for one also, but unfortunately it was even darker than the rest of the room, somewhat diminishing your searching ability.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 17, 2016, 06:58:04 pm »

I try to snap the blade off of the mechanical arm. If that works, I drop the arm half and run for the rat-shit tunnel again.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 17, 2016, 07:02:51 pm »

"No. Are there any clothes that I could grab? Me and my companion need some. Also something died in the closet."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 17, 2016, 07:52:14 pm »

Thomas sighed.  "How is this place coming along?  I find myself unable to leave, despite my best efforts."

Continue pester
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 18, 2016, 04:56:49 am »

Still same wooden crap? I hope not.

Let's move to left in careful fashion, back on the wall behind, hands on the wall in front, ready to wedge myself between walls if floor suddenly ceases to be. One step at the time, carefully feeling floor with one leg before moving weight on it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:24 pm »

Nope. That would have been easy.
Try the basement next.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 18, 2016, 01:47:52 pm »

I try to snap the blade off of the mechanical arm. If that works, I drop the arm half and run for the rat-shit tunnel again.

[The Riddle of Steel: 2]

It's a mechanical arm that was apparently supposed to cut through people's torsos in a single stroke. Granted, it didn't through yours, but that seems to have mostly been because it was dull. Point is, whoever built it seems to have had a keen understanding of the mechanical stresses involved in such an undertaking, and the construction is as a consequence something you can't quite take apart with your bare hands.

"No. Are there any clothes that I could grab? Me and my companion need some. Also something died in the closet."

[The Obsolete Class: 2]

You continue shaking her resolutely as she attempts to answer the question. Or maybe say something about the closet. You're not quite sure, as it all just disappears beneath grumbling irritation as she tries to stop being shaken impotently, still quite groggy from a rude awakening.

Thomas sighed.  "How is this place coming along?  I find myself unable to leave, despite my best efforts."

Continue pester

A strange question, says the child. How would this place come along? He considers this with dazed earnestness, and replies that this seems to not be a place for coming along, as he is sure you must have noticed. It either stands still in anticipation or hurtles precipitously. There is no middle ground.

That being said, he feels no need to speak to you further, turning back toward the floating girl and closing his eyes.

Still same wooden crap? I hope not.

Let's move to left in careful fashion, back on the wall behind, hands on the wall in front, ready to wedge myself between walls if floor suddenly ceases to be. One step at the time, carefully feeling floor with one leg before moving weight on it.

Your caution is unfortunately wasted on this entirely pedestrian passage. Not a trap to be found on the way, not a single insect worthy of getting the shit kicked out of it nips at your heels. In fact, the only thing you happen to encounter are small, dark holes in the wall. Not entirely dark, it needs to be pointed out. Nighttime dark, not buried-alive dark.

The hope and determination welling up inside you as you begin to anticipate your freedom fails to prepare you for the awe-inspiring moment where you locate an open hatch, over which a bolt of fabric hangs conspicuously. You brush it aside, and see the hallway of what you are fairly sure is the keep. Actually see it!

Free at last.

Nope. That would have been easy.
Try the basement next.

You strut nakedly over to the basement, going down a set of stairs to reach a solid wooden door. Probably a storage cellar, considering its nearness to the kitchens. The noise grows clearer. Sounds a little bit like laughter, a little bit like singing, apparent merriment of unclear nature going on within.

[Party In The Wine Cellar: 1]

The door, however, is quite locked. And knocking on it seems to produce mostly incoherent, yet astonishingly indecent suggestions from within for alternative courses of action you could pursue.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 18, 2016, 01:54:13 pm »

Ask around where minders might be and go where they are if I'm informed of their location. I need to steal more techniques. And remind them about one of the duties they have forgotten. Lady of the castle. Should probably meet her before going to deal with stouts.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 18, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »

"Right, that's it."

Yank her out of bed by the ankles. Ask again where clothes can be found.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 18, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »

Kids.  Never helpful.

Maybe if I watch some more something will happen?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 18, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »

I move near the priestess' cot to see what's going on there.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161