Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259248 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
« Reply #600 on: February 14, 2016, 09:39:08 am »

You know, I've been in this castle for a while and haven't found any secret rooms or anything. It's got to have a couple, especially with the minders around. They seem like secret room types. I wander about and search for hidden passages, concealed doors, or other things of that nature.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 14, 2016, 10:06:36 am »

I have rolled naught but ones and sixes for this entire damn game.

Lay on the ground and reignite the moonstone with the SUN. Maybe that will give him his intelligence back.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:10:12 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 14, 2016, 12:36:26 pm »

"Alrighty then. What's the worst that could happen, am I right?"

Go wandering around loudly asking where the majordomo is. Hope this gains me some results.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 14, 2016, 02:56:30 pm »

"Vodkafruits better be tastier now."

Take a bite (or two. Three? Sure, why not.), and return to dissapointing reality while keeping pleasant state of imaginary drunkenness. Then... wander around aimlessly. Maybe I walk into something interesting.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 14, 2016, 04:24:37 pm »

((Derm is using the Xantalos Die.))

Thomas sighed.  While he appreciated being viewed as the standard for sanity around here, this was rather more than he cared to decide.

"Well, Miss Queen, there does seem to be much value in ceremony around here.  As you are in charge around here, any ceremony you attend will be lent special significance.  As to if you should... well, I sense no ill intent from her.  I'm not sure what you mean by doomwraith; she's not said anything about doom to me.  She did say that it would help solve the problem of darkness.  I can't vouch for how well that will work, but that other guy did have a light show at his demonstration, so I guess they'll cut the lights back on for that?  It'd be an impressive time to do it, certainly."  He took a deep breath.  "That said, I can appreciate the urge to sleep the problems away, but I've never solved any problems while in bed."

Any innuendo was lost on him.

Weigh options.  Follow along if queen goes, depart if not.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:39 pm »

Dammit Xan give me back the Derm dice, horrible things are supposed to happen to OTHER people, not me!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 14, 2016, 07:30:44 pm »

((Nah, I'm enjoying being the frighteningly non-dying collateral damage causer for once :P))
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 14, 2016, 07:34:47 pm »

((Nah, I'm enjoying being the frighteningly non-dying collateral damage causer for once :P))

A darkened sun is dropping on the place. I think I have you beat, there.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 14, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »

((Solely because I haven't really had IC reason to kill anyone yet.
Though that is probably coming soon.))
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 14, 2016, 07:44:17 pm »

You'll have a hell of a time catching up to my 62 kill streak.

Solar cannon op op

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:19 am »

You know, I've been in this castle for a while and haven't found any secret rooms or anything. It's got to have a couple, especially with the minders around. They seem like secret room types. I wander about and search for hidden passages, concealed doors, or other things of that nature.

[Clandestine Architecture: 4]

You've got to give one thing for exploring in the dark - you've got a very good reason to blunder around touching all the walls and tugging at every sconce in the hopes of finding some form of secret passage. Unfortunately, no sconces turn or flip or otherwise respond (although one does come loose from the wall - you hold on to it for now). Manhandling a conspicuously undisturbed tapestry, however, reveals a small panel of what you believe to be wood on the wall behind it, which seems a little odd. You run your hands over it and discover that it does appear to be some kind of hatch. Furthermore, pressing down on it reveals a section that is a bit more pliable than the rest, a flawlessly cut, well-oiled wooden button. It clicks down and the hatch opens.

Needless to say, the work looks very familiar to you. Opening the hatch up, you think what's on the opposite side is probably a small space. Possibly a crawlspace. Poking your head in, you still don't see anything, but you think it leads to a confined space behind the wall, a passage extending to the left and the right. You can't quite tell much about it yet, but one thing does occur to you - for what is likely a secret passage this does seem remarkably free of dust.

I have rolled naught but ones and sixes for this entire damn game.

Lay on the ground and reignite the moonstone with the SUN. Maybe that will give him his intelligence back.

You lay down to get some more space and see if you can get your old minion back.

SUN

[Word: 4]

The stone jerks to a stop above you, the word awakening a soft glow. It resists at first, trying to shake off the implication it seems to find profoundly disturbing, but its surface starts to grow brighter as light with no apparent source begins to reflect off its surface, making it look like it's emanating moonlight, banishing the deep shadows of the nearby area.

It hangs there above you, anticipating instruction. It is not quite the same as it was before. More subdued. Probably less dangerous as well, you think.

"Alrighty then. What's the worst that could happen, am I right?"

Go wandering around loudly asking where the majordomo is. Hope this gains me some results.

[Directionless Questioning: 5]

Majordomo, you shout! What, shouts somebody from a nearby crowd! Stepping closer, you ask, is this the majordomo? Yes, he asks back, what?

Excellent, you say as you step closer. A closer feel of things reveals the majordomo to likely be an elderly gentleman wearing rather unusual-feeling garments. He seems a bit wrinkly, and is keen to protest being handled in such a way right up until you tighten your grip a little more, at which point he shuts up immediately.

"Vodkafruits better be tastier now."

Take a bite (or two. Three? Sure, why not.), and return to dissapointing reality while keeping pleasant state of imaginary drunkenness. Then... wander around aimlessly. Maybe I walk into something interesting.

[Drunkenness Is A State Of Mind: 4]

You enjoy a fine buzz as you focus your vodkafruit into more intoxicating shapes, textures and smells, finding they work a lot like a more potent, manlier version of a fruity drink. Your head and heart thus lightened, you return to your regularly scheduled faff.

[Drunken Wanderings: 4]

Climbing out of the well in what is now a well-established routine, your ear is first attracted to what you believe to be a crowd singing and praying in front of the deconstructed chapel. Seems like a pretty happening place to be despite the chapel not being on fire or anything, but you guess the eternal darkness is still young, is it not?

Thomas sighed.  While he appreciated being viewed as the standard for sanity around here, this was rather more than he cared to decide.

"Well, Miss Queen, there does seem to be much value in ceremony around here.  As you are in charge around here, any ceremony you attend will be lent special significance.  As to if you should... well, I sense no ill intent from her.  I'm not sure what you mean by doomwraith; she's not said anything about doom to me.  She did say that it would help solve the problem of darkness.  I can't vouch for how well that will work, but that other guy did have a light show at his demonstration, so I guess they'll cut the lights back on for that?  It'd be an impressive time to do it, certainly."  He took a deep breath.  "That said, I can appreciate the urge to sleep the problems away, but I've never solved any problems while in bed."

Any innuendo was lost on him.

Weigh options.  Follow along if queen goes, depart if not.

[World-Saving Enthusiasm: 1]

Light shows and ceremonies. She sighs. Should probably get around to looking at all that at some point. Definitely not right now, however. She'd have to get out of bed, get dressed, go outside, hope no stray shots from the sieging forces hit her, rally the guards... really, all of it is stuff she'd rather do when she's well-rested. And not, say, resting after a failed assassination attempt. Something to be said about putting up a brave face before danger, but she's pretty sure it's supposed to be nighttime right now anyway, and so if there really is anything to this darkness business, no doubt a better time to do something about it would be when the sun's out.

With that in mind, she'd really like to catch up on her sleep now. The guards both nod and head out with you in tow. The red-haired one relieves the shift of the one going on about doomwraiths. The queen instructs the two remaining royal guards to redirect any disturbances to the Minister of Moronic Affairs. Or the majordomo. Or the castle physician. Or a servant girl, perhaps. Anybody who isn't her, really.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2016, 05:31:41 am »

"Ah, glad to have found you. Do you have your purple garment on you? If so, give it to me. If not, take me to it. Thanks!"

Extortion!
Sig! Onol

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:57 am »

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. I climb in and start crawling to the left.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:57 am »

Hey, speaking of, isn't there supposed to be a majora's mask type situation going on here?

It's been a while, I woulda thought it had crashed into the town by now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 15, 2016, 08:44:07 am »

Singing is promising sign of merrymaking and good drunken party. Praying is not. And lack of burning churches can be rectified later.

Locate singers and join the party wholeheartedly, singing about great treasures taken from enemies. Also try to create a minder trick to incude state of drunkenness on others. Test it.

"I love good party!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 161