Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259014 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: A History of Disagreement
« Reply #780 on: March 13, 2016, 04:16:36 pm »

"Hey, are you okay? Has it got you?" Brandishing the blade, I move toward the priestess and try to tell what's going on with her.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:54:16 am by penguinofhonor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 13, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »

"Let us in that case go get some clothes! I'd forgotten about my nudity honestly, but it's something to do while I wait."

Go off to wherever the east wing is with Mr. Wilde, if he's heading that way. Idly think on whether that knight lady's armor would fit me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 13, 2016, 08:05:57 pm »

Shoot.  Nothing here.  Thomas supposed he could check on the minders again.

Check on the minders again.  Have they settled in well?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 14, 2016, 01:11:52 am »

It is easier to go down with gravity actively assisting.

Maybe the other shaft is easier to climb, assuming it too comes down all the way. I should try to find it. If not found in reasonable time, then return to this one and try to climb it up. Unless other new things are found that my drunken mind finds interesting.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 14, 2016, 04:27:23 pm »

"Thank you, my good sir. Would you mind pointing the way?"
To the East Wing!
"Right, made of rats. That might explain the chittering when I woke up. Or, you know, that could have just been regular rats. But enough of that, why are you so desperate to desecrate that church? All the riches in the world are useless when under seige, if what you say is true - just as worthless as those coins in the well. The rats were probably worth more."
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 14, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »

"You ever played video games? If so, two words: fetch quest. For something pretty cool."
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 15, 2016, 03:12:14 pm »

"Hey, are you okay? Has it got you?" Brandishing the blade, I move toward the priestess and try to tell what's going on with her.

She does not reply, her words blending into one another, muttering turning slowly to gibbering, forgotten delights swimming in her hazy mind. You have your suspicions already.

She sits on a cot, you discover, leaning into the hard embrace of a new friend. Your new friend, cradling her head in its arms, resting its chin atop her skull contently. It does not move even a little bit as you poke it. The priestess shivers lightly every now and then as memories push her to restlessness.

"Let us in that case go get some clothes! I'd forgotten about my nudity honestly, but it's something to do while I wait."

Go off to wherever the east wing is with Mr. Wilde, if he's heading that way. Idly think on whether that knight lady's armor would fit me.

You follow Mr. Wilde as he takes a careful look around the east wing. You don't really help him in this regard, preferring to let him take the lead. Instead you consider that sweet suit of armor the knight was wearing.

[Idle Considerations: 3]

You're fairly sure that plate armor is always custom-made, and probably sufficiently form-fitting that you'd have quite a bit of trouble fitting it on properly. On the other hand, you're also reasonably certain that all suits of plate tend to have a suit of mail beneath them, and that ought to fit you just fine unless they tailor those things around these parts for some ungodly reason.

Shoot.  Nothing here.  Thomas supposed he could check on the minders again.

Check on the minders again.  Have they settled in well?

You sneak back into the keep and up the stairs, visiting the minders in their room. The guards nod at you in acknowledgement as you move through the halls, probably more for their own benefit than yours.

[Settling In: 1]

You find the minder room much as it was, though now the children appear to be sitting in a circle around the head girl, motionlessly regarding her as she stands in the center, eyes closed and floating gently off the ground, arms spread wide. You're not quite sure what that's about, really.

It is easier to go down with gravity actively assisting.

Maybe the other shaft is easier to climb, assuming it too comes down all the way. I should try to find it. If not found in reasonable time, then return to this one and try to climb it up. Unless other new things are found that my drunken mind finds interesting.

[The Waters Beneath: 3]

You hazard the brook and go downstream, looking for additional points of entry - sure enough, another upward shaft presents itself, though unfortunately one that is no easier to climb than the previous one. The brook does appear to go on, in other news - while no new hungry invertebrates show themselves, the tunnel does look to be widening, the small amount of water slowly thinning as it occupies a larger space.

"Thank you, my good sir. Would you mind pointing the way?"
To the East Wing!
"Right, made of rats. That might explain the chittering when I woke up. Or, you know, that could have just been regular rats. But enough of that, why are you so desperate to desecrate that church? All the riches in the world are useless when under seige, if what you say is true - just as worthless as those coins in the well. The rats were probably worth more."

The guard stares at you a second before opening the keep door and pointing toward a door inside the dark and rather quiet, though not abandoned foyer. A single guard sits on the stairs to the second floor, looking at you with momentary, completely unfazed curiosity before a reassuring nod from the door guard has him shrug and resume what he was previously doing, which seems to have been looking at the dark ceiling.

You glide through the lobby carefully with Mr. Daniels and into the open door to the east wing, just two naked dudes going on their nightly business.

The east wing hallway is long and rather unusually winding, and also rather quiet at this time of night. Guess there's not much of a nightlife when there's no artificial light. There's no awake servants about that you can see, and there's quite a few doors about. You check a few - one seems to lead to a kitchen, another to what looks like a basement entrance (you hear a little noise from there, but can't really make out much more). There's also a dark closet, and a darkened room from which you can hear sounds of fitful sleep.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 15, 2016, 03:15:43 pm »

"Hmm. Well, let's check the closet first. Maybe we can grab some things in there without having people bother us too much."

Inspect closet!
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 15, 2016, 03:27:37 pm »

Another magic trick to impress the children.  Pretty good, considering how little time she had to set up the wires or whatever it was they used.  Might as well watch it.

Watch the show.  Applaud politely at appropriate times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 15, 2016, 04:04:27 pm »

Promising, but that thing must have come from somewhere. Probably from here.

Climb up the second shaft. I wish I saw minders levitating before. Would make this so much easier.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 15, 2016, 04:24:58 pm »

"You know, if you would have just warned me about this instead of being all cryptic... I'm sorry."

Let's find that rat-shit shaft and get out of here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 15, 2016, 04:55:34 pm »

"My thoughts exactly."
Follow Mr. Daniels.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 16, 2016, 04:25:44 pm »

"Hmm. Well, let's check the closet first. Maybe we can grab some things in there without having people bother us too much."

Inspect closet!

[Fumbling Bravely In The Dark: 2]

The closet is much like the devil's anus, in that it's quite dark, foreboding and emits an offputting aroma suggestive of grisly violence. In unrelated news, you almost run into some bloody stool. Otherwise the small space seems a little on the bare side, although you also step into a meaty chunk on the floor, emitting a rather displeasing squelching sound, and finally locate a filthy, much-abused rag in one of the corners. You suspect that the state of this closet is the result of weeks upon weeks of sustained theft and hoarding. There is no sign of the owner, if there indeed is one and this isn't just a completely looted and worthless space.

Another magic trick to impress the children.  Pretty good, considering how little time she had to set up the wires or whatever it was they used.  Might as well watch it.

Watch the show.  Applaud politely at appropriate times.

[Enlightened Criticism: 4]

The children don't really seem impressed, which you suppose is natural given that the girl is just hanging there in the air motionlessly. The children's eyes are glazed, blinking only very occasionally, enough to prevent them from drying.

You watch a while, but they don't really seem to do much more. Anything more, really, and you think you've been standing here a while at this point. Maybe this is performance art or something, and you really had to be there for the beginning. Or maybe you just don't grok their vision or something. That sounds like a thing younger people interested in stuff like performance art would say to you anyway.

Promising, but that thing must have come from somewhere. Probably from here.

Climb up the second shaft. I wish I saw minders levitating before. Would make this so much easier.

In the strictest possible sense you did see them levitating before. But it wasn't the right time. There was a very specific then involved. You saw them but you didn't see them, and... er, yeah. Something like that.

[Rage Against The Pull: 5]

It's pretty easy to climb back up, though. Easier than expected, really. All you need to do is use your back as a fifth limb. Press it to the back of the shaft. Use other four limbs to carry you upward. Wood's smooth enough to not even give you splinters!

[Labyrinths of Anglefork: 5]

Of course, now that you're back up where you - wait, is this where you were before? Seems different. You don't recall there being two sideways-going shafts. One's inclined upward, the other downward. Both appear to curve a little. And there's no sign of the passage to the other downward shaft. You try to devote some brainpower to solve this conundrum, and make about as much progress as you'd expect, in that you forget what you were expecting and also what you were just thinking.

"You know, if you would have just warned me about this instead of being all cryptic... I'm sorry."

Let's find that rat-shit shaft and get out of here!

[Labyrinths of Anglefork: 2]

The rat-shit shaft's still there, of course, still tempting with its fecal fecundity. Seems like it could accommodate you squeezing through most probably.

The same, however, cannot be said of the blade arm, which seems unwilling to bend in such a way to get through the small tunnel. Or, rather, all too willing to bunch up, bend and get stuck in the stone confines, rendering the possibilities of you getting through simultaneously with it nigh-academically hypothetical.

The muttering of the priestess grows weaker still, right up until it stops entirely, only the grinding of the metal blade on stone breaking up the silence of the grave.

"My thoughts exactly."
Follow Mr. Daniels.

You and Mr. Daniels have a roaring good time exploring a dark, dirty closet with very little in it from what you can tell.

[Fumbling Bravely In The Dark: 2]

Granted, you're not really inclined to look very hard when you hear Mr. Daniels step into something that sounds and smells a lot like biological waste. Goodness, but this place is incredibly filthy.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 16, 2016, 05:15:08 pm »

Daniels gains a distinctly displeased expression upon his face.

"No. Whoever shat and/or died messily in here is going to get a complaint."

Look around for sleeping servants to deliver my murderous complaint to. If found, awaken them by virtue of forcible eviction from their bed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:34:16 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 161