Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 259096 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: Returning Dark
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2016, 12:34:53 pm »

"Mashter? Shorry, but I'm not up for that kind of play. Nor threesome."

This adventure is not going in direction I want it to. My favourite adventure is where I drink everybody under table. Drinking contest: Begin!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2016, 01:48:32 pm »

Maybe I'm at the end. How would I even know, though?

I reach back into the hallway for a flechette or something I can pick up and I throw it into the room ahead of me. Then I listen.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:40:45 pm by penguinofhonor »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 25, 2016, 02:29:39 pm »

Jackpot! Not the gold, that'll probably shrink out of alreuse fullness as soon as I turn my back to it. The other stuff, though...

Wash hands and face with water (remove the rat first). Then use a glass shard to cut one of the sacks into some form of garment, and another into improvised footwear. Bandage my head with any suitable offcuts.
((may be a few too many actions for one turn, feel free to cut the last couple))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 26, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »

Odd that he left before he finished dressing.  Well, everyone here is odd.

"Ah!  Mr. Majordomo, sir!  You're a knowledgeable fellow, right?  I need to get to the highway, but the bridge appears to be out!  Is there a dockmaster or boat or something I could use to cross the river?  I can't get to Albany staying in this castle, you know."

Continue to pester people.

[Masters of Boating: 4]

Your question gives him even further pause, his stillness almost exceeding that of even the dead before he decides to not process the question at all. What, he retorts flatly.

A dockmaster or a boat, you say! Is that really so difficult to understand? The river seems a mite unfriendly, and you see no bridges. The majordomo seems only more bewildered. There is no boat, he says. Nor a dockmaster. The former was destroyed. The latter - well, insofar as you can dub a ferryman a dockmaster - has fled or been executed. And good riddance either way, he says. Bastard gouged prices like you would not believe.

"What if I got some clothes, would there be anyone able to use the thread from them to do the stitching?"

More subtly implied violence, the usual.

[Skills In Demand: 3]

Probably. How well's a different question. Anybody who isn't hopelessly useless can do a spot of needlework in a pinch if they put their mind to it. The guard shrugs - hell, you could probably do it yourself.

Course you'd need to get some clothes, unravel them, get a needle and then use all that to get yourself fixed up. Seems like a lot of work when you could just use the clothes to make yourself a bandage. You don't seem like you're bleeding to death or anything anyway.

"Mashter? Shorry, but I'm not up for that kind of play. Nor threesome."

This adventure is not going in direction I want it to. My favourite adventure is where I drink everybody under table. Drinking contest: Begin!

Your thoughts go out into the dark, dissolving in misunderstanding as the eyes continue to look at you. It is a very strange look. Vaguely radiating lust, clouded with strange thoughts, defiant in the face of your attempts at understanding, thirsting deeply and unquenchably.

[My Eyes Have Seen You: 4]

They seem highly familiar at first, then become notably reminiscent. They remind you of your eyes, strangely enough. The familiarity clicks solidly in your mind no sooner than they begin to retreat. Whatever they have made of you, they do not appear to be very interested in it.

Maybe I'm at the end. How would I even know, though?

I reach back into the hallway for a flechette or something I can pick up and I throw it into the room ahead of me. Then I listen.

No need to reach into the hallway. Your back is a treasure trove of pieces of bloody metal at this point. All that an eccentric collector could want and more. You pull one out and chuck it down the room.

[Knives In The Dark: 3]

It hits something, you're pretty sure. Something not far in front of you. As you are not much of an echolocator, you fail to discern much about the shape of the room from the telltale plinking of metal against stone. But the room does end! Well, unless that was a pillar or a statue that you hit. In any case, there's an obstacle in your way. And no traps that could be triggered by a flechette dropping on them in a specific if the way it plinked across the floor on the way to somewhere else is any indication.

Jackpot! Not the gold, that'll probably shrink out of alreuse fullness as soon as I turn my back to it. The other stuff, though...

Wash hands and face with water (remove the rat first). Then use a glass shard to cut one of the sacks into some form of garment, and another into improvised footwear. Bandage my head with any suitable offcuts.
((may be a few too many actions for one turn, feel free to cut the last couple))

[Water's Touch: 1]

The water is really quite something else. As in probably not quite water. Something a little thicker and laden with the aromas and oils produced by a slightly decomposed rat. Your face and hands start to feel delightfully toasty after application. At least it seems to have some kind of tangible effect, you console yourself as you consider tailoring instead.

[101 Uses For Sacks: 1]

What is also unfortunate, however, is that a shard of broken glass isn't a very safe cutting implement. Not helping matters any is the way that the path to its improvement is very clear - wrap something around the intended handle. This, however, has the additional problem of needing to cut out something to wrap it to begin with. Such as this sack you can't seem to cut (at least not with the same efficiency as you cut your own fingers at the same time) without the bounty of this sack.

Quite the sticky wicket, you almost say out loud as you consider your two rather thoroughly sliced fingers, dripping blood on the stone floor at a steady pace as you begin to wonder if perhaps a first aid kit is too much to ask for.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 26, 2016, 08:36:19 pm »

"True. You'd think bleeding would be more of a problem than it is for a cut of this size, but I suppose I'm not exactly normal. Thanks, guard. May I know your name so that I can try not to kill you in the future if I have to?"

Obtain new connection, go out to the doomstones where I left the mediocre apron and use it to make a bandage/tie over the wound to keep it shut.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 26, 2016, 08:56:06 pm »

I inch along the left wall into the room.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »

Thomas frowned at the majordomo.  "Then how am I supposed to get to the highway to get to Albany?  I'm beginning to feel rather trapped in here.  I just need to talk to Mr. Munderly before he becomes even more cross!"

More pointless arguments.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 27, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »

Time for plan B, methinks.
Smother fire with sack, use drapes to make handle for glass shard.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

"Okay, that's not creepy at all."

Sober up. Get the hell out of this hole.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 28, 2016, 07:06:21 am »

"True. You'd think bleeding would be more of a problem than it is for a cut of this size, but I suppose I'm not exactly normal. Thanks, guard. May I know your name so that I can try not to kill you in the future if I have to?"

Obtain new connection, go out to the doomstones where I left the mediocre apron and use it to make a bandage/tie over the wound to keep it shut.

[An Innocuous Request: 4]

Crail's the name, apparently. It is a name like any other. It makes little difference in truth. You bid him good day and head off outside, greeted by a setting sun. Quite a non-traditional day/night cycle they've got here.

[Not Nailed Down, Is It: 1]

Rather disappointingly you find the stone circle to be missing any trace of your apron, mediocre though it may have been. Guess beggars can't be choosers. Thieves doubly so.

I inch along the left wall into the room.

[Careful Explorations: 3]

The room seems altogether much less trapped than the hallway, much to your satisfaction. Still a little trapped, mind you. At this point of the ongoing physical punishment, however, a few spikes stabbing into the sides of your feet are little more than a mild tickle.

You make progress in any case, passing along relief-covered walls that you cannot quite discern the imagery of without light, and come upon a small alcove in which you find... ooh. Jutting out from the ground and made of hollow stone, a large and heavy lid atop a rectangular box. You run your hands across the lid - richly engraved, polished to perfection, the unmistakable stylized shape of a human being clasping a sword to their chest carved out on its top, no doubt a well-made likeness of the occupant. Its lid is very slightly ajar, you notice. And, if you're not mistaken, minutely raised as well, a little more on the left side than the right.

Thomas frowned at the majordomo.  "Then how am I supposed to get to the highway to get to Albany?  I'm beginning to feel rather trapped in here.  I just need to talk to Mr. Munderly before he becomes even more cross!"

More pointless arguments.

[The Virtue of Patience: 5]

You are trapped, the majordomo points out incredulously. They all are. Only a stone wall separates them from a horde of stout individuals who want nothing more than to end them, and then end the very memory of their existence. The majordomo would have thought this entirely obvious even for someone as clearly unhinged as you are. Honestly, if you're going to be this willfully ignorant, you might consider starting to flap your arms and hope that this lets you fly back to whatever corner of the world you spawned from?

Time for plan B, methinks.
Smother fire with sack, use drapes to make handle for glass shard.

[101 Uses For Sacks: 1]

A few minutes pass as you haul sacks full of gold onto the drape fire in the other corner - somehow this fails to smother it effectively. Unrelatedly, the sacks also catch on fire. Must have been drier than you would think.

Besides, you're not sure there's much unburnt drape left in that pile, truth be told. It seems to have been burning for a fair bit before you turned up, and was in the waning stages even before you took a stab at smothering it.

"Okay, that's not creepy at all."

Sober up. Get the hell out of this hole.

[Induced Sobriety: 2]

Sobriety is a difficult state of mind to grasp when you're drunk. Like a blind man recalling what it is like to see, it feels strange and alien now. Have you ever really been sober? Or is this all just a trick your mind has been playing on you?

It is irrelevant, you decide! It is time to get out of this place.

[Out of the Hole: 5]

Fortunately, the walls prove very climbable, the deep screwlike grooves offering a lot in the way of handholds. You clumsily make your way to the top of the hole, where the shaft narrows to an onion-like point of sharp, seamlessly interlocking wooden components, not a single solitary one budging as you drunkenly prod at it in hopes of getting it to open by sheer luck alone.

Come to think of it, where exactly did you come in through? Was it through the top at all?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2016, 08:15:15 am »

((edit: woops, misread some stuff, changing action entirely))

I knew it was catacombs! What could be down here? Maybe a long dead hero, his magical sword awaiting the day it can save the castle once more. I really hope that's it. I slide the lid off the sarcophagus and step aside in case it's trapped.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:06:49 am by penguinofhonor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2016, 09:37:40 am »

Thomas was silent for a moment.  These folks were singularly united in their unhelpfulness.

"So why are these stout fellows out there anyway?  What did someone do to make them mad?"

A change of tactic.

((I, for one, do not fault a missed day here or there.  I'm quite enjoying this.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2016, 04:47:25 pm »

Last try.
Douse fire in the rat-water, attempt to rip off strips from hopefully now fire-damaged and relatively easily tearable sacks

((I, for one, do not fault a missed day here or there.  I'm quite enjoying this.))
((Ditto.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2016, 09:03:37 pm »

"Oh fer fuck's sake. Well, now what?"

Jack looks down at his side.

"Y'know, that does not hurt nearly as much as you'd expect something like that to. Maybe I just need to focus my mind on healing it or something, it's not like I can deny there's mind powers here after all."

Go head inside the chapel once more, sit down for a while, and concentrate on my wound healing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »

I remember falling, so it probably was from top. Hmm.
Knock around. Maybe there's a hidden switch or something. Failing that, feel up the hole I'm in, get a proper idea it's shape.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161