Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which mission do we send the adventurers on next?

The Ruined Village!
- 3 (42.9%)
Whisperwind Valley!
- 1 (14.3%)
The Mountain Forest Ruin!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gods War: Civilization (turn #3)  (Read 5179 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Gods War: Civilization (turn #3)
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

(( This is the Civilization Game thread for Gods War. Posting to Watch is fine for anyone, participating in the polls is actively encouraged for everyone, but to sign up please use the Out-of-character thread ))

Oram Alnis is a "sandbox", of sorts. Occupying a similar dimensional space to the Material Plane, the gods use this world for their hobbies, their little god-games... and their proxy wars. Currently, it's in use for the latter. As war brews on the Material Plane, a wager was made between Armok, Lolth, The Morrígna, and Loki: whoever's subjects wins the proxy war on Oram Alnis, may take part directly in one battle in the upcoming war on the Material Plane. Suffice to say, a literal god could win a war on their own, and wreak as much devastion as they please in the process. Stakes are high.

However, not everything is equal here. The first group to be placed onto this world were The Monstrous, under Lolth: Orcs, Goblinoids, Trolls, Drow Elves, Ogres, Gnolls, Giants... There are plenty of monsters. Whereas they are usually ambivalent to each other on the Material Plane, clashing when they meet but not seeking each other out, here they have an uneasy alliance, and are all motivated to see you dead. Monsters tend to have some sort of advantage over a human in a fight; Trolls and Ogres are big and strong, the Drow are cunning and ruthless, and Goblins are famously conniving.
The second group to be placed here were The Hellish, rallied under The Morrígna: Fiends, Devils, Demons, various undead, or humanoids corrupted by evil. In general, they far outclass humans in several ways. In theory, victory over them is possible, but they have been capturing or destroying land and resources at a terrifying rate, outpacing The Monstrous.
Third were The Renegades, loosely associated with Loki: half-breeds, Kobolds, Tieflings, the Dragonkin, several Fey species, anything too monstrous to fit in among humans, but too human to be a monster. The Renegades are not rallied as strongly as the other factions; they're split up, and prefer to stay that way, living in whatever uneasy peace they can find. They might be willing to trade, but on the other hand, it's a reasonable assumption on their part that you want to kill them, so they may well kill you first.
The Armok Alliance has only been placed on this world recently. While the other factions' races are mostly settled in, the Humans struggle to domesticate even normal animals like horses, the Dwarves delve into unknown mountains with reckless haste, the Elves frantically try to synchronize with their new forest home, and the Halflings bemoan their lost, tightly-knit communities as they try to forge new ones with strangers.

The rules! There's gonna be a bunch, but it mosty boils down to "Build stuff, don't die, yadda yadda".

Spoiler: Beginning the game (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Projects available (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sacrifices (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: POIs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:03:12 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods War: Civilization (turn #0?)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »

Turn 0
((I'll work on the format, I swear.))

Announcement: The Adventurer team is assembled, and ready to deploy!
Vote in the poll or suggest new missions.

Spoiler: the World Map (click to show/hide)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:27:11 pm »

Posting to request a Thieves Guild!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:53:55 am »

Are all my gatherers just chilling in my town?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:16 pm »

Posting to watch.. for now..
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

AuroranAI

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Big ol' grump.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 01:08:46 pm »

PTW.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »

I start construction of a road to the North East.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »

The Iron Halls shall dig down, down into the Earth!

Expand our settlement into the Underdark.

Move 5 laborers and 5 soldiers two tiles South. Bring 20 food and 20 materials.

Build a new settlement! Strike the Earth!

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 08:52:14 pm »

Are all my gatherers just chilling in my town?
Based on your resources, they are actively gathering from the four tiles bordering your town.

Also, I'm voting for the Mountain Forest Ruin, although I misclicked the one below it... sorry.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:01:26 am »

The hills of technology

Create under dark access

Survey three tiles to the east

Build a under dark passage east of the underdark access. Then station 15 soliders in the passage
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 12:55:16 pm »

For now, I guess I'll build more housing, and look around for potential more resources/ruins?
I'm a tad busy, so I will probably edit this for a better action soonish..

EDIT - Send my scouting party south-west, to south!
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 01:17:26 pm »

I start construction of a road to the North East.
You'll need to, at the very least, station labourers in a wilderness square to start on that. How many are you sending?
Also, we use only cardinal directions (North, East, South, West) when moving.

The hills of technology

Create under dark access

Survey three tiles to the east

Build a under dark passage east of the underdark access. Then station 15 soliders in the passage
Making an Underdark Access is good, but whooooa there, it's gonna take 5 turns to finish that with the labourers you have, even with your Dwarf bonuses.
Of course, you can speed it up a bit by sacrificing your wealth for more Labourers.
Or you could get more crafters to get more wealth to summon even more labourers later... choices, choices  ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:36:21 pm by shoruke »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 01:48:38 pm »

(this should have occured to me sooner, I'll post what the AI humans are doing before the actual turn happens. Might make for a better tutorial than "here's 8 billion rules, have fun)

Quote from: Plainsman Humans
Sacrifice 11,000 wealth to Armok for 11 crafters. Needs moar pop.

I want to build housing, so with 80 labourers working at 1.5x efficiency, I can put 120 CP into it... Oh, dang, I've only got 500 Materials though. So I guess I'll build one housing project.

I don't know how much CR that ruined village has, so instead of throwing soldiers at it, I'll send my Scouting Team to scout the Ruined Village.
Pages: [1] 2 3