Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase  (Read 36738 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase
« Reply #480 on: December 12, 2015, 10:07:20 am »

Those attertons, always late.

I wanted to propose a bomb ketch, but it depends on how the landing goes. If it sounds like we don't need extra support from the sea, a steam engine would be nice to have.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 12, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »

I have to agree that what we do next is too linked to how successful we are this turn to make much plans.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 12, 2015, 01:54:53 pm »

I have to agree that what we do next is too linked to how successful we are this turn to make much plans.
Seconded.
Depending on how the turn turns out, we may choose anything from improving rifles, steam engines, artillery ammunition, even new ships might be necessary.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 12, 2015, 07:54:56 pm »

Said it then, and Ill say it now, Probably will want to try taking another crack at the rifle again, possibly fix up the pucklegun knockoff if we nab it, may need to react to some new naval threat... We may also want to work on a sidearm, revising our uniforms to be less red (hey, wonder what the greencoats are doing right now...)... Steam tech is still blue-sky in my opinion.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #484 on: December 12, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »

You literally copied what you said before. What commitement. :p
But yeah, we need to see the results first.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:10 pm »

I fixed a typo and removed the quote brackets. Also added the last sentence.

Hey, with nothing changing to change my mind...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #486 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:56 pm »

What commitment. :p I understand tho, just had to mention it because raisins.
Also, I totally fixed a typo too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »

Steam tech is not unreachable in my opinion (or whatever blue sky means). As long as ee pick an appropriate project.  Like using it to power pumps to drain mines. Gives tech, resources and is time appropriate.

Since most of us agree there is not much discussion to do until next turn, I suppose we all go to the docks and sing rule britannia to the expeditionary force.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 12, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »

Blue sky Research

Potentially useful, but not at that exact time. It can be used in boats, but we currently dont need them in boats. We can use them in transport, but our island cant give much more anyways and we have more than the competition, plus it would need a few turns of work to make them light enough (or to get our metallurgy to the point of cheap high-grade steel, but probably both). We can use it in tanks and stuff, but not for a while. Using it in industry has potential...

Hey, Game Running Dudes! Can we make industry more efficient, getting us more stuff for the same amount of materials?
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 12, 2015, 10:14:44 pm »

Pumping water out of mines will give us more ore. Which would make all our 6 pound artillery cheap.

Better rifle we might get through revision.

As for the other potential designs, that depends on what the traitors of the crown do and how the invasion goes.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:00 am »

Personally I'd prefer to let someone else go through the trouble of inventing working steam technology and then just steal it for ourselves.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2015, 03:20:50 am »

The problem with stealing, especially with stealing a resource gathering technnology, is that you'll be two turns behind.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2015, 10:25:14 am »

Maybe, but getting working steam technology is likely to take two or four actions in and of itself, so spending one or two actions on getting it is a lot more effective then inventing it from scratch... and meanwhile we'll be inventing other stuff that'll also be useful.
Forenia Forever!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2015, 10:56:46 am »

Maybe, but getting working steam technology is likely to take two or four actions in and of itself, so spending one or two actions on getting it is a lot more effective then inventing it from scratch... and meanwhile we'll be inventing other stuff that'll also be useful.

Or maybe not, Watt engine is a thing that already exists and it's the British who use it, so I guess we could get some easier rolls or something.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 13, 2015, 11:54:59 am »

Dident one of the GM's mention trading being a thing starting next turn?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34