Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase  (Read 36769 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Design Phase
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2015, 08:02:55 pm »

paper cartridges,
Already existed.
breech loading (get us metal cartridges and it's a bloody bolt action, we just need an magazine for it).
It opens up the other way.

Besides, whats a weapon design game without doing crazy shit like designing steam-powered tanks, assault rifles in the 1930s, or percussion caps?

Speaking of metal cartridges and bolt action, that was next on my list of things to add to the gun(not this turn of course :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

Yah, lets give it a few years. Atleast until after we develop steam-powered tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2015, 02:45:28 am »

...you sir, win one internets
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2015, 03:00:53 am »

Thank you.

I'll note that I've only been able to fit about half of the articles I wanted to write (one account of the sinking of the pirate vessel by a correspondent aboard the Nelson, and one about the reasons for failure of the 1780 expedition) and only one of the ads. I've also changed the slogan to "Roberts Island's First and Only Newspaper" and the titles for the authors to Greek gods (Hephaestus for tech, Zeus for politics; later Ares for military and Poseidon for naval matters).

Once it's through the office of censorship (i.e. you guys) I'll post it in the main thread.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2015, 03:08:13 am »

Thank you.

I'll note that I've only been able to fit about half of the articles I wanted to write (one account of the sinking of the pirate vessel by a correspondent aboard the Nelson, and one about the reasons for failure of the 1780 expedition) and only one of the ads. I've also changed the slogan to "Roberts Island's First and Only Newspaper" and the titles for the authors to Greek gods (Hephaestus for tech, Zeus for politics; later Ares for military and Poseidon for naval matters).

Once it's through the office of censorship (i.e. you guys) I'll post it in the main thread.

the articles look good, so +1 from me!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:08 am »

They look good to me too.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 01, 2015, 04:00:36 am »

I couldn't have done better! Excellent work,  feel free to publish.
If the articles you couldn't fit in the page aren't specific to the events of this turn,  you can save them for next.  Or you can just add page 2 now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2015, 06:19:07 am »

Pi, you forget to include the weight of metal with the ships. They liked talking about that.

Other than that, have an internet.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 01, 2015, 06:42:56 am »

If the articles you couldn't fit in the page aren't specific to the events of this turn,  you can save them for next.  Or you can just add page 2 now.
I did the latter. And still couldn't fit that last article. Oh well, nevermind. It's still possible to add it next turn...

Pi, you forget to include the weight of metal with the ships. They liked talking about that.

Other than that, have an internet.
Weight of metal?

https://imgur.com/a/m6BlN

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2015, 06:48:20 am »

One thing they liked doing was instead of talking about guns or broadsides they said the weight of metal. For instance, their paddleboat has a weight of metal of 18lb, and a broadside of 12lb, while the Nelson has a broadside weight of metal of 45lb.

This gets slightly more fun when you get more overgunner ships (but we are brits, so thats normal for us) and carronades, particually as they wouldent differentiate between types of cannon.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 01, 2015, 08:05:02 am »

One thing they liked doing was instead of talking about guns or broadsides they said the weight of metal. For instance, their paddleboat has a weight of metal of 18lb, and a broadside of 12lb, while the Nelson has a broadside weight of metal of 45lb.

This gets slightly more fun when you get more overgunner ships (but we are brits, so thats normal for us) and carronades, particually as they wouldent differentiate between types of cannon.
Very interesting, I did not know that.
I'll possibly include that in future articles, but I don't want to go through the process of updating that one again. It's not much work to update the newspaper itself (Yay for LaTeX!), but uploading etc does take some time and work.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2015, 08:18:51 am »

I suggest taking a look at the Master and Commander series of books. While they are fiction (particularly later on) they do include alot of interesting details about naval combat (aswell as naval land mucking about) in the Napoleonic era.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

paper cartridges,
Already existed.
breech loading (get us metal cartridges and it's a bloody bolt action, we just need an magazine for it).
It opens up the other way.

Besides, whats a weapon design game without doing crazy shit like designing steam-powered tanks, assault rifles in the 1930s, or percussion caps?
We don't have paper cartridges tho, if I remember right. Also, for the second thing - I am completly in favour of that, which is why I want a revolver instead of a pepperbox. Also rocket artillery.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2015, 11:55:34 am »

I like it, there is no diplomacy still right, no demands, threats, or ultimatums either?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34