Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread become the new European Politics thread?

Yes, we need one anyway.
- 17 (21.8%)
No, we should take that elsewhere and keep this thread as-is.
- 27 (34.6%)
I don't care, let's see what happens.
- 34 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49

Author Topic: The Paris Attacks  (Read 58341 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: The Paris Attacks
« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2015, 06:46:22 pm »

Lemme try to get this debate in a more productive direction: Since Islam is not going to vanish off the face of the earth any time soon, what can be done to reduce support for terrorism in Muslim countries and among the marginalized Muslim communities in the Western nations?
Invade Saudi Arabia :-X

No seriously they've been the birthplace of most radical islamic movements, it would do world a lot of good if you put it under UN control and erase their "absolute monarchy" regime off the map.
Yeah, and conquering Mecca and Medina totally wouldn't inflame a global jihad.

I'd prefer to nuke it into glass rather than conquer it, Jerusalem too, even though that one's in a genuinely allied country. Not to kill anyone though that would be a natural consequence, but as an object lesson that my god is more powerful than their god
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #316 on: November 16, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »

Might as well nuke Rome then, while you're at it.
If you wanted to nuke the centre of Catholicism you'd do in Christ the Redeemer in Brazil or something :P
HOLY SEE HAS BEEN VACANT SINCE 1958 REMOVE FRANCIS FROM THE PREMISES

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2015, 06:56:16 pm »

I'd prefer to nuke it into glass rather than conquer it, Jerusalem too, even though that one's in a genuinely allied country. Not to kill anyone though that would be a natural consequence, but as an object lesson that my god is more powerful than their god

wat

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:53 pm »

I guess I'll put up a poll though: Should this thread slowly morph into the new Europol one? LW hasn't re-opened his so far...
Old one is dead, cannot unlock

Aren't you the one who locked it?

Anti-terror forces apparently seized a rocket launcher during raids. O.o How the heck did they get their hands on a rocket launcher in Europe of all places?? I mean, gun laws are pretty tight over there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:16:45 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2015, 07:22:07 pm »

In other news: there's a notorious Spanish reality TV hostess, whom, among other things, once stated that she thinks souls get transplanted alongside organs, and at another time she said that "smelling lemons" prevents cancer.

What am I getting at? Well, she did a special on the Paris bombings alongside one of her collaborators... and guess what. They discovered in the internet ISIS' new logo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:02 pm »

In other news: there's a notorious Spanish reality TV hostess, whom, among other things, once stated that she thinks souls get transplanted alongside organs, and at another time she said that "smelling lemons" prevents cancer.

What am I getting at? Well, she did a special on the Paris bombings alongside one of her collaborators... and guess what. They discovered in the internet ISIS' new logo.

isn't that the rebellions logo is starwars? :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2015, 07:30:58 pm »

isn't that the rebellions logo is starwars? :P

Yes, that's the Rebellion/New Republic logo in Star Wars.

I'd take that with a grain of salt the size of Mt. Everest given the source.....

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2015, 07:31:25 pm »

Note that the letters below it spell "Al-Qaida" with extra dots and sarifs for seasoning. I'm not so sure that's real.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »

I was getting at that: It's a gaffe. Marilo Montero f*** up once more. They googled Al Quaeda and posted a pic from "AlQuaida records" which is a latinamerican record company with an odd name... and which uses the Star War's rebel alliance logo.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2015, 08:02:07 pm »

I was getting at that: It's a gaffe. Marilo Montero f*** up once more. They googled Al Quaeda and posted a pic from "AlQuaida records" which is a latinamerican record company with an odd name... and which uses the Star War's rebel alliance logo.
That makes even less sense.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »

That makes even less sense.
If there's one thing that I've learnt, it's that very few things done by people make sense.

This is by far one of the better results of the process.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2015, 08:51:45 pm »

Aren't you the one who locked it?
Nope

Yes, that's the Rebellion/New Republic logo in Star Wars.
I'd take that with a grain of salt the size of Mt. Everest given the source.....
Also looks like

Anti-terror forces apparently seized a rocket launcher during raids. O.o How the heck did they get their hands on a rocket launcher in Europe of all places?? I mean, gun laws are pretty tight over there.
It's not uncommon for customs to seize vast quantities of explosives, ammunition, guns and other ordinance making its way in and out of various points of the Mediterranean. Some slip through, and some European countries are better able to enforce their gun laws than others. My favourite one has to be when they intercepted a ship full of explosives off of Cyprus. The Cypriots said they could get rid of it themselves even after being offered bomb disposal units from European and American governments. They left it in storage right next to their power plant. In summer.
Besides usual black market the jihadists have their own smugglers plus there's that whole issue of all the weapons sent to the rebels having gone missing as the rebels went missing or turned out to be as the news put it, "half friendly". Plus Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Whole lot of that. Wouldn't even be surprised if Israeli, German and Russian weapons were rifling their way through too, just a matter of volume vs customs control. Gun laws do not necessarily gun policing make :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2015, 09:03:15 pm »

This is a nice read on interviews with ISIS prisoners.

But... but... directing hate at an abstraction is so emotionally convenient...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2015, 09:10:16 pm »

This is a nice read on interviews with ISIS prisoners.
But... but... directing hate at an abstraction is so emotionally convenient...
 When he has been taken away we have the chance to find out just what he was found guilty of, how they found him, and what the evidence was. He was a master of the car bomb, detonating at least four of them in Kirkuk itself and also one scooter bomb, which exploded in a crowded souq selling weapons, killing many scores of people and also weakening the ability of local residents to fight ISIS.
What a charming fellow. I'll be sure to pass my love around later.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »

Today I used the saying "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" concerning GA gov Nathan Deal's flat rejection of a resettlement plan for Syrian refugees in Georgia, which my brother criticized, so allow me to elaborate: Deal is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but in this case there's just a bunch of people screaming that there's a lot of dirty ass bathwater and that that baby doesn't even deserve to not get thrown out with the bathwater, which doesn't really exist. Deal is basically just throwing a baby out the window for collaborating with the bathwater agenda.

Say what you like but Nathan Deal is using an event where no Syrian refugees killed anyone to justify stopping Syrian refugees from coming to America.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49