Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread become the new European Politics thread?

Yes, we need one anyway.
- 17 (21.8%)
No, we should take that elsewhere and keep this thread as-is.
- 27 (34.6%)
I don't care, let's see what happens.
- 34 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: The Paris Attacks  (Read 58162 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The Paris Attacks
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2015, 07:29:41 am »

This is seriously not the fucking place and not the fucking time for this shit, ree, serg.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2015, 07:34:26 am »

Horrible news.  But this was coming for some time now, as france is one of the few EU countries that had direct effect on the problems in middle east. If you play with fire, don't be surprised if you get burned.

I wander will this at last push for thing to move more faster with conflicts in middle east.

For people that are interested what is happening behind the door and similar, read this very well written article posted few days ago how all this went to shit.
https://www.les-crises.fr/maxime-chaix-la-guerre-secrete-multinationale-de-la-cia-en-syrie-et-le-chaos-islamiste/ (use google translate if you must as its in french)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 07:36:13 am »

This is seriously not the fucking place and not the fucking time for this shit, ree, serg.
When is that place and time, then? When Russian people get terror bombed yet again, and get their deaths blamed on Russians, again?

I mean, just look at people's reaction to Sinai aircrash. Charlie Hebdo has already made three caricatures on it, can you believe it?
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 07:40:37 am »

When is that place and time, then? When Russian people get terror bombed yet again, and get their deaths blamed on Russians, again?

I mean, just look at people's reaction to Sinai aircrash. Charlie Hebdo has already made three caricatures on it, can you believe it?
There where always and always will be double standards, don't be surprised.
Make love not war

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 07:43:56 am »

This is not the russian terrorism thread. The day after a terror attack is not the goddamn time to be saying shit like you have no sympathy for the deceased. If you have a problem with ree, take it to PMs. If you have a problem with people being humans and expressing care instead of being horrible little shits, make a thread for that and don't do it here. If you want to talk hypocrisy, make a thread for it. Shit on the deceased somewhere else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 07:45:03 am »

Get yourself a leader who doesn't have a reputation for false-flag attacks and then we'll talk.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:47:35 am by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2015, 07:46:53 am »

There where always and always will be double standards, don't be surprised.
It's not the double standards themselves, it's the fact that they try to pretend that they don't have them. "We're mocking everything, but we mock these ones extra hard". "All people are equal, but some are more equal than others". You know the stuff.

EDIT:
I guess I won't interfere with this thread any longer. Have a good day, and may the bomb of the terrorist miss you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:49:35 am by Sergarr »
._.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2015, 07:58:13 am »

That's a terrible example. Ofc Charlie Hebdo is going to do caricatures on it. Hell, it did caricatures on the death of Aylan, on the attack on Charlie Hebdo itself, on the 9/11, and so on so forth.
I mean, you're basically acting like what you're ranting against : "I can't sympathize with people because maybe some of them wouldn't". Great mentality here. Obviously, all the victims were having a big party because they were happy there was a crash in the Sinai and they deserved it, right ?
Hell, even someone who thinks that it's a false flag or whatever would feel for the victims while blaming the government, but you're not even capable of that.
See this is why I can't actually display any pity for the victims of Paris terror attack. I would if I could, but I simply can't, because I know that if the same thing happened in Russia, the reactions would be so, so much different, you would have thought that Russians were not actually humans if you only read the English media.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2015, 08:27:44 am »

Just as a friendly reminder if you are easily agitated don't log into Faceebook today, EVERYONE is trying to use the attacks to push it's agenda.
The far right is trying to use the attacks to fight against immigrants, the far left is blaming the EU because we are guilty by not helping enough (WTF!?) and some parts of the turkish community are already caling it an inside job and are reacting sarcastical to the fact that a syrian pass was found by one of the attackers.
Seriously it's one giant shit show. I really don't know of all these people are so dead inside that they don't care anymore or if they are just retarted.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2015, 09:18:40 am »

ISIS brutally murdering arabs and syrians while capturing nearly whole fucking countries and building medieval sharia state was not that much interesting for anyone, but some minor attack in Paris makes ISIS world enemy number 1, owwww this day we all are le french.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2015, 09:21:32 am »

Not a surprise, but Isis claims responsibility for attack
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/df273ef8-8ab4-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b.html#slide0

Also looks like one attacker was 'French extremist known to police'

In other news Poland:
Poland has announced it will no longer take refugees via an EU programme, in a deeply controversial statement which linked the crisis to the killings in Paris.

“The European Council’s decisions, which we criticised, on the relocation of refugees and immigrants to all EU countries are part of European law,” European affairs minister Konrad Szymanski wrote on right-leaning website wPolityce.pl.

“After the tragic events of Paris we do not see the political possibility of respecting them,” he said.
Make love not war

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2015, 09:37:28 am »

In other news Poland:
Poland has announced it will no longer take refugees via an EU programme, in a deeply controversial statement which linked the crisis to the killings in Paris.

“The European Council’s decisions, which we criticised, on the relocation of refugees and immigrants to all EU countries are part of European law,” European affairs minister Konrad Szymanski wrote on right-leaning website wPolityce.pl.

“After the tragic events of Paris we do not see the political possibility of respecting them,” he said.
Source on the latter? I've been following the Polish radio coverage all goddamn day and I heard nothing of it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 09:38:54 am »

ISIS brutally murdering arabs and syrians while capturing nearly whole fucking countries and building medieval sharia state was not that much interesting for anyone, but some minor attack in Paris makes ISIS world enemy number 1, owwww this day we all are le french.
I don't get your point, i don't remember seeing you post on all the middle east threads we had before, so it would seem you are talking mostly about yourself. If i'm wrong and you did participate\lurk there you might have noticed a lot of people were interested in syria from the start, before it was all international and threatened europe and the western world. Now they proved to be a serious threat, so people are concerned for their own safety or their family's.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2015, 09:44:30 am »

In other news Poland:

Source on the latter? I've been following the Polish radio coverage all goddamn day and I heard nothing of it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/14/paris-terror-attacks-attackers-dead-mass-killing-live-updates

Scroll little down to see the news, as the page is moving fast

EDIT:

I think this is the source of that info
http://wpolityce.pl/swiat/271757-polska-musi-zachowac-pelna-kontrole-nad-swoimi-granicami-nad-polityka-azylowa-i-migracyjna
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:46:30 am by miljan »
Make love not war

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2015, 09:50:12 am »

I don't get your point, i don't remember seeing you post on all the middle east threads we had before, so it would seem you are talking mostly about yourself. If i'm wrong and you did participate\lurk there you might have noticed a lot of people were interested in syria from the start, before it was all international and threatened europe and the western world. Now they proved to be a serious threat, so people are concerned for their own safety or their family's.

"Serious threat" is rather relative of course. France has roughly 665 non-terrorist murders a year and 3250 traffic fatalities.

Why do people fear the vastly lesser threat?

Not saying we shouldn't eradicate IS, which we should. IS basically kills this amount of people on a semi-daily basis in Iraq and Syria. I have been in favour of military intervention against IS from the start. But I would say the power these terrorists have in Western Europe is overrated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:52:01 am by Antioch »
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49