Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Apprentice [TSG]  (Read 10726 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice [TSG]
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »

Charge and tackle him.
If we can't, then at least drive him away for long enough to get your own sword.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2015, 01:44:30 pm »

Poke him with your mind and poke him with the sword whiles hes distracted! If hes acting all Life-and-Death, and since hes an experienced Swordperson (Thats a word) i think its a legitimate tactic
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:29 pm »

I mean, at the very least it'll gain us his respect as a fighter. I think charging him is what he WANTS us to do
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2015, 01:56:26 pm »

Poke him with your mind and poke him with the sword whiles hes distracted! If hes acting all Life-and-Death, and since hes an experienced Swordperson (Thats a word) i think its a legitimate tactic
I wouldn't do this, from our own experience it just feels a little uncomfortable, and is rude so will likely be just shrugged off and followed by more hitting.  I'm all for battle casting, but we don't know any spells that are useful for it yet.

Grab some snow to throw into at his eyes and rush past him to get another sword from the rack, focus keeping the sword up and between you and him to be able to deflect blows.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2015, 02:07:59 pm »

Hes the one fighting Dirty! In a real fight we wouldnt care about his feelings. Also, he cut us on the cheek! I say we cut him... ON THE SOUL
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »

At the very least scoop up a rock, run away, then bean it at him as he gives chase.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »

You try and rush him, lowering to tackle him by the waist, but Aethelwine deftly steps to one side and - CRACK! - smacks you hard enough across the shoulderblade that it rings with pain.  You sink to one knee by the edge of the courtyard, and as he moves to swing again you grab a handful of snow and throw it in his eyes.  He steps backward immediately, bringing his sword into a defensive position, but you use the opportunity to run for the rack and draw a practice sword of your own.  Aethelwine wipes his eyes with his free hands and immediately moves towards you, almost snaking forward with a low stance.  He swings at you several times, graceful and effortless blows that you repeatedly either dodge or barely parry with your practice sword.  He gets in close and as you block his sword, he kicks your knee from the side and sends you to the ground.  He puts his foot on your chest and gently draws the blade of his sword across your neck. Then he steps off you and backs away three paces, settling into a low resting stance.  Your shoulder and cheek throb with pain, and you find yourself barely able to move.

"That was your first of three," comes a cold voice from above you.  "Again."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »

TOLD YOU
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2015, 02:12:34 pm »

INITIATE THE MIND POKE
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2015, 02:26:41 pm »

How many swords are there?

If you have more than one available, throw it at him.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:05 pm »

The snow got us to the sword didn't it?  I think we're doing rather well.  We have valuable experience dodging and blocking, which is important as we are trying to learn how to fight with a sword.  We're almost certainly not going to win any of the bouts today.

Alright fine, since we want to do more than just get beaten on: Stand up, commanding your body to recover, ready yourself and cast Witchsight to give you a better chance against Aethelwine's trained reflexes.  When you first parry a blow from his sword try to break it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:31:55 pm by Griffionday »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2015, 02:31:05 pm »

The snow got us to the sword didn't it?  I think we're doing rather well.  We have valuable experience dodging and blocking, which is important are trying to learn how to fight with a sword.  We're almost certainly not going to win any of the bouts today.

Alright fine, since we want to do more than just get beaten on: Stand up, commanding your body to recover, ready yourself and cast Witchsight to give you a better chance against Aethelwine's trained reflexes.  When you first parry a blow from his sword try to break it.
+1 in addition to throwing the sword.
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2015, 02:31:46 pm »

And then poke?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2015, 02:38:26 pm »

With the sword, yes.  Poke fast and hard.

Btw, throwing the sword seems somewhat desperate of an action, so maybe save it for an attempt to turn the tide in the final bout?  Work on our position so we end up next to the sword rack though.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2015, 02:39:48 pm »

Guys I hate to say it but I don't think we can quite focus on stuff like that while doing this yet. Let's just try and focus on surviving then we can incorporate the other stuff when we're more proficient. Let's just try to minanize the danger we take.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12