Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1782  (Read 29152 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1781
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2015, 01:26:12 am »

1) in the battle description, it is clear enough which designs are made this turn and detailed informations aren't classified, beig in the equipment lists. Since past designs aren't secret, maybe add a summary at the start of a turn saying "this side introduced this new weapon, whle this other brought that other thing to the field". Would at least avoid the confusion in seeing names dropped without background ( like reading about the london class, called by name, but only knowing it is a ship by context(unless you are a loyalist, of course)

One of the bigger things I was worried about was if the addition would bloat things past the character limit, so I just went with a 'they can see in the nation specs'.

2) are we going to have propaganda battles like in sensei's game?

Once the larger American Revolution has finished off, a few may start looking towards the islands and things may crop up.  For now, the islands are insulated from attention due to the ongoing conflict in the American Colonies.  May kick things off earlier if Dunwich gets their own flag designed, though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2015, 03:26:16 am »

Could we have some vague gauge of numbers in each state, so that newcomers can feel egalitarian for joining the small state?

Actually, we should probably start advertising, can we buy advertising space on the first page? Maybe we could sacrifice one of our engineers to the dark gods in your name?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2015, 04:57:42 am »

I think I found a possible error. The Pirate Cutter is a new ship, and thus should have been one unit more expensive untill it was build. We resolved that by using our production action. However, the Pirates have no such action, so their ship should have been a National effort.

So, question us, where dud my logic fail?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:11 am »

As an outside observer, I feel like it would help readability a lot if you included a short summary of what the factions made/did leading up to the battle report. Not that you'll be eager to write more stuff, I'm sure, but it's slightly confusing to see an oblique reference to a new gun, and then scroll down trying to figure out which faction just made it and what it does. Maybe bold the names of new items in the faction item lists?

Also, interesting game is interesting, keep up the good work. I think perhaps I will join the first faction to invent a hot air balloon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2015, 09:24:47 am »

Is a hydrogen balloon good enough?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2015, 09:25:00 am »

Heh, it's looking like my prediction of it collapsing in 3 turns might be wrong after all! I'm joining in on the loyalist side!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:18 am »

I think I found a possible error. The Pirate Cutter is a new ship, and thus should have been one unit more expensive untill it was build. We resolved that by using our production action. However, the Pirates have no such action, so their ship should have been a National effort.

So, question us, where dud my logic fail?

I changed the NPCs from having an Espionage to having a Production action, as me and Kashyyk know of everything and could wind up being more devastating with an Espionage.

Edit:

Could we have some vague gauge of numbers in each state, so that newcomers can feel egalitarian for joining the small state?

I've got a listing of those who joined a side in this thread.  I don't know about the numbers of those who jumped in within the nation threads, though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:15:32 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2015, 10:33:57 am »

If the Loyalists get even more engineers, we will be able to flood everyone with numerical superiority anyway.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2015, 10:58:14 am »

Think it might be best to freeze loyalist recuriting till Atteron and Confedracy get higher numbers.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:31 pm »

Artist imagination of what will happen if Atterton Monarchy get's their balls together and bring their horrible steamships into open waters.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »

Artist imagination of what will happen if Atterton Monarchy get's their balls together and bring their horrible steamships into open waters.

Is that picture of SS Great Britian?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »

Monarchy.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »

I'm not sure what you're asking about, but the exploding ship is USS Missouri in both cases.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT:
Since false king didin't bring out his ship, we can only pray something... bad... happens to it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:56:23 pm by Kot »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:48 pm »

It's okay, I wouldn't expect the intricate plans of true leadership to be comprehensible to the minds of those whose idea of right is having more guns pointed away than towards them.
As throughout history, the righteous can endure any adversity that you might care to throw at us. Long live the king.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22