Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread - 1782  (Read 29131 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - International/'OOC' Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

I should probably join King Richards' Engineers, but I read the Dunwich thread before I knew what was going on. I suppose I'll hail King Richards and just refrain from posting until next round.

At this rate, it's probably a good idea to wait.

In moderately belated news, the Atterton Monarchy has had its flag designed:

It and the then official flag of the British have been added to the original post of their threads.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2015, 01:35:05 pm »

PTW, though I haven't decided which country to join yet.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2015, 02:41:54 pm »

So, who are the sods holding us all back?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:15 pm »

So, who are the sods holding us all back?

Probably me.  I'm not certain if a portion of the players are being silent in some threads because they agree with a suggested action, or haven't been able to see it yet to give their opinion.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2015, 03:10:01 pm »

Perhaps put a poll each asking people if they have read the stuff, and if they agree with the currently leading action? You would have to make it multiple choice now if you want it to be later, due to the friggin poll system, but it would be better than nothing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2015, 03:13:23 pm »

Sounds like a bit too much effort on Zanz's behalf, but I'm not even sure if you can change a regular topic to a poll in the first place

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2015, 03:26:45 pm »

You can add a poll to any topic easily, but the main problem with a poll is that things can change.  I'm generally on a 1 day system, and that's roughly been the progression rate between phases.  Adds up to having the turn coming out in a little under a week.  Not that bad of an update speed, in my opinion.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2015, 05:13:13 am »

You really should combine voting for production and spying. They don't influence each other like design\revision
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:34 am »

You really should combine voting for production and spying. They don't influence each other like design\revision

I'll think about it.

A minor note about the theft of technology, you need to specify a specific technology, or go after the design or revision that was made if going after the newest tech.  The same would apply to any other actions (ex. sabotage).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:12 pm »

But how can we know what's the latest tech is?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2015, 12:13:41 pm »

I imagine the point is that we can't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »

Yup, hence we need to specify wherether we steal the design or the revision.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »

Added a minor note to the Focus Phase, that I will put here as well.  Each nation has two actions that they can take, both able to be used on either an offensive or defensive action.  Offensive is generally targeting a city or an enemy navy, and defensive is generally fortifying a city.  You may choose to build a fort, specifying it on the map, for a defensive bonus to friendly forces and to limit enemy movement on land (example: One city has been captured by an enemy force.  If you own a fort between that city and another, then the enemy has to go through that fort before they can move onto the next city.).  Each nation may build a maximum of three forts.  Built forts include those captured by the enemy.  This number may be increased at a later date.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »

A couple of messages.  First, where are all the Dunwich engineers?  As soon as things are clarified, I can move you onto the Focus stage, but no one's show up yet.  I would have one put up due to the one day limit, but, from what I can tell, the plans are tied.

Second, need to mention the method of how the war will play out.  Between two locations there are between 2 and 6 control points, depending upon the distance between locations.  The cities have three control points that all need to be held to have the city belong to you.  The forts have a single point of control, but provide a bonus to those who are defending the fortress.  The open seas have seven control points, with four required to make a journey across without fear of attack.  Current division is down the middle in currently contested areas on land, with the sea being divided on the scale of 3 Pirate, 2 Loyalist, 1 Atterton, and 1 Dunwich.  Loyalists have one higher than the rest as a representation of having gained sole ownership of the most productive fishing areas in the backstory.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2015, 01:20:15 am »

If I jump in now which faction I should be in?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22