Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51477 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #390 on: December 26, 2015, 07:11:58 pm »

Yay, legit DP!

flabort, you dirty murdering bastard (:P) you said here (final paragraph) that your power would determine whether you should continue your case against Megas.

Now, I could assume what this means, but you know what they say about people who assume so... I need you to tell us what you mean, considering you've not claimed an investigative role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 26, 2015, 07:36:01 pm »

And a third one, for good measure.

OSG: why did you target Megas and myself with your power?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »

And a third one, for good measure.

OSG: why did you target Megas and myself with your power?
night one I targeted Megggas randomly because I was worried night would end soon. And I targeted you because you were active and you seemed to target me quite a bit.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 26, 2015, 08:17:16 pm »

Well you were inactive D2, so it's understandable anyone would suspect you after that.

However, a cursory look through D2 finds that I didn't really suspect you at all, outside of some foul language demanding activity and a disagreement over a question Megas asked you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 26, 2015, 08:18:30 pm »

I wasn't on very much, so I guess it was just luck that I happened to notice your foul language more than I otherwise would have.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 26, 2015, 08:31:45 pm »

Perhaps I'm looking at things the wrong way... You're the CL and FoU is cult. Hm... Something to consider.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 26, 2015, 10:40:37 pm »

Almost every combination is an actual possibility. But I know you are not the clone lord and I believe flabort's claim due to no counterclaim. So it is between FOU and Sabertooth for me. (Clonelord is all that matters at this point)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 26, 2015, 11:15:50 pm »

Well yeah...

I'm inclined to say it's not Saber, but everyone else is a possibility.

Flabort could be CL claiming a convert's role, who obviously won't counter-claim. That's obviously a significant assumption, and I can only go on the evidence in play really so... It's FoU or OSG.

I have to say I'm finding it hard to believe FoU's claim, and his play toward the end of D2 also concerns me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 26, 2015, 11:28:59 pm »

This is confusing.

Flabort could be CL claiming a convert's role, who obviously won't counter-claim. That's obviously a significant assumption, and I can only go on the evidence in play really so... It's FoU or OSG.
... you're a genius, why didn't I think of that. Suddenly a flabort and Saber scum team seems like a possibility. And seeing as Saber and flabort both aren't posting...
Unvote SaberTooth, vote flabort, because both Tiger and you bear inspection.

I'm inclined to say it's not Saber, but everyone else is a possibility.
Why is it not Saber?

I have to say I'm finding it hard to believe FoU's claim, and his play toward the end of D2 also concerns me.
... why didn't you force a no lynch? I thought you were going to...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 26, 2015, 11:50:17 pm »

'cause I didn't want to risk tying the vote for someone else to unvote or add their vote to a wagon for a lynch anyway. I maintain you suggested you were going to force one and didn't at the death of D2.

... my phone autocorrected that to "lynch a gay". No thanks, phone...

I shall repeat that it's Christmas weekend, folk are probably visiting :P

Your constant vote shifting is... odd.

Finally, I think Saber is n00b town. He might be cult, but I don't think he's the CL. Said it a few times, and I'll stand by it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

What makes you think he is not n00b CL?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2015, 12:18:56 am »

I don't think n00b CL would be quite as aggressive as he was earlier in the game. Might try to avoid our gaze by being nice. It's what I did, first time I was scum. Took it too far the second time :))

It's a gut thing, mostly. I obviously can't point to anything specific as his play has been quite anti-town so far... it just doesn't seem scummy, if that makes sense.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2015, 12:25:43 pm »

Oookay, now I can post a post. Not a long post, I am currently housing guests and tomorrow I'm outta town for a few days, so I guess I will have to argue today.

Frankly, let me refer to the potential scum:

No cult recruited:
OSG
hector13
SaberToothTiger (and you will refer to me as such, dammit)
FoU
flabort

Cult recruited:

OSG - hector13
OSG - SaberToothTiger
OSG - FoU
OSG - flabort
hector13 - OSG
hector13 - SaberToothTiger
hector13 - FoU
hector13 - flabort
SaberToothTiger - OSG
SaberToothTiger - hector13
SaberToothTiger - FoU
SaberToothTiger - flabort
FoU - hector13
FoU - flabort
FoU - OSG
FoU - SaberToothTiger
flabort - FoU
flabort - SaberToothTiger
flabort - OSG
flabort - hector13

The ones on the left being the CL and the ones on the right being converts.

My opinion and advice for you:
Me being CL is a possiblity, but it is unlikely for me to be a convert, because I was targeted for lynch on D1 already. Unless it was all a part of a bigger gambit, me being a convert is unlikely. If I were the CL, I would have converted either FoU or hector, as they were active scum hunters and would be useful to make a case for an additional kill each day.

flabort isn't posting frequently at all, and neither is OSG. If I were to pick the most likely scum, it'd probably be FoU, because of his many "revelations". You know, the statements that start with "Of course! x is scum! You are completely right!" followed with "Of course! y is scum! You are completely right!". It seems to me like you are trying to end this as quickly as possible. Frankly, I dunno about the second scum.

And there is also the possibility of both our living and active sumhunters being cultists in disguise, that is hector13 and FoU being the CL and convert (not necessarily in that order). That would be scary, as they have been set on each other the whole game and if one was lynched, the other would become more trustworthy in the eyes of the town.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2015, 12:40:25 pm »

Saying every single possibility without ruling any out is not extremely helpful.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2015, 01:23:24 pm »

If you're scum reading Saber for that, you better be doing the same for FoU.

Based on what you've said, SaberTooth, do you think FoU is the CL? We'll need you to point to some specific posts of his to support your argument.

You said he's been flip-flopping a bit, so examples of that and his "x/y is scum! You're completely right!" would be a good start.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38