Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51500 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2015, 09:20:13 pm »

Is that a note of fear I hear in your voice, FoU? /nonsense

Okay, perhaps I'll actually do something instead of mope and drop a vote on someone suspicious. Unvote

Right. I believe that fillipk was the jailor/roleblocker, and since we haven't lost the game, probably hit the CL on N1 (inactivity on the part of the CL also an option, but since N1 and N2 ended early, unlikely)

The people that fillipk has suspected (thanks for the vote gathering, Megas) were CW, SaberTooth and FoU. CW was lynched D1, so he won't have blocked him.

He mentioned here that he thinks that SaberTooth is n00b town, 5 hours into D2, so I think it's likely that SaberTooth was not blocked.

Which leaves FoU.

This means now I have to look at FoU's posts in greater detail.

In the mean-time, perhaps a massclaim would be beneficial? I think FoU should start continue.
Right ho.
The only fear in my voice is from two things- the fact that we're likely at LYLO and that flabort might be a serial killer.

Since we're at LYLO, I'm going to go ahead with that massclaim(can't help the Clone Lord now, right?)
I am the Trapmaster.

Each night, I may put a special trap onto a player of my choice. At the start of each day, I will be told if a player with one of my traps on him/her has been replaced, or not. The drawbacks to this ability- if I place a trap on someone who has already been converted, it won't tell me that they're cult(they've already been converted), and if I place multiple traps, I won't know which one was triggered if a player is replaced.

Hector, I hope you're going to claim also. Complete the chain!
~~~
Given the new possibility of flabort being a serial killer, I'm going to go back and analyze his posts(my vote stays on SaberTooth for now, till I have better evidence on a different player...).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2015, 09:27:32 pm »

Has anyone with a trap been replaced? And if so, who did you put traps on?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »

Well, N1 I got frozen solid(I was trying to get one on you, the most experienced(in my opinion) player in this game). That's not very conductive to placing traps.

And on N2 I went after you again, thankfully succeeding. And it seems you weren't replaced last night, based on the no trigger result I got this morning.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2015, 09:59:52 pm »

Ooookay... one post-analysis on FoU, coming right up.

RVS Posts #1, #2, and #3.

The first two posts seem to have questions that are much more likely to benefit the CL than the town with the answers. The question to flabort in #1 is very useful for the CL to know, asking arguably the most experienced player who they would convert, which then was expanded upon to include others in flabort's answer; also in #1 the question to Megas about designing a power role allows him to consider which power roles he should be looking for to convert, should he figure it out... the question to CW in #2 also being useful, because cult immunity is something the CL would very much like to know about.

Looks like it.
Now, I need to read over this thread and gather info on Wasp and SaberToothTiger, to see if the cause against them is worth joining.

This, 3 hours 'til the end of D1... it pains me I missed that. Doesn't vote for either (I had placed the 3rd and final vote on CW, ending in his lynch) but does encourage my case against CW despite this.

At the start of D2, builds a case on Saber and maintains that fillipk and Saber are his main suspects. Builds a case on fillipk later on, and then proceeds to make no effort to question other players for the remainder of the day.

He's also tried to "move the goalposts" as it were, get us to worry that there's more than just a CL out there trying to kill us, mere moments ago.

Finally, the no-lynch. Here says we could move our votes around to create a no-lynch, but fails to do so despite "fear" of a mislynch and lose situation. If he were town, he can't know for certain that fillipk is cult, and if he's wrong, we would've lost. He knew he was wrong, but also knew the game would continue, so made up some nonsense (after the day had technically ended) about weighing up the options, and concluding that fillipk needed to die.

PPE: I don't think flabort is a serial killer. It would be a bold move to claim a power role and who you were targeting and then have them turn up dead. You would be instantly suspect.

If he was the SK, I think he would've killed me, given I'm one of the more active players and I was voting for him come day end. He then could have claimed a result on Megas, and not been suspected of having killed me because of whatever "result" he got on Megas.

PPE2: You said you could place multiple traps, why did you only target one person? Especially on N2 after failure on N1.

What made you target flabort, both nights?

Also, since you've basically acknowledged you were blocked N1, and we haven't lost yet (meaning fewer than 3 cult) why shouldn't we believe you're the CL?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2015, 10:16:14 pm »

Oh bravo. This is why I think you're town. Good hunting.

First of all, I can have multiple traps active, but I can only place one per night.

And I have a genuine worry that we've got a serial killer- regardless of whether I'm cult or town, that's very bad.

At the time, I thought that fillipk was cult- so I decided to risk it. I would have been fine with it if you had decided to force a no lynch, though. Taking down fillipk at that time was my preference.

And what made me target flabort, both nights? I'm going to rephrase that to "why did you target flabort both nights", and answer- because I failed N1, and because flabort is the person I would least like to be the Clone Lord- his experience- you get the idea.

And finally-
The perhaps most important bit-
Also, since you've basically acknowledged you were blocked N1, and we haven't lost yet (meaning fewer than 3 cult) why shouldn't we believe you're the CL?
The answer is flabort. To my knowledge, standard action priority charts put alignment conversion at the last to trigger. If whoever the Clone Lord is targets a player who flabort is going to kill, the conversion resolves after the kill and you get the picture, right?
Not to mention the possibility of other role powers I don't know about thwarting the conversion.

Now hector13:
Hector, I hope you're going to claim also. Complete the chain!
I'm going to emphasize this.
Now I'm going to try not to be lazy- I've got reading to do.

SaberTooth: I hope you can get some activity and a role claim out soon.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »

What do you mean when your role tells you when someone was replaced?

I won't claim next, you think I'm town. I would suggest the best person to claim next should be SaberTooth, seeing as you've been chasing them the whole game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2015, 10:29:42 pm »

Hm. Oops that.
I mean, when I receive information from one of my traps telling me someone with one of my traps on him/her was replaced. I should get that via PM.
~~~
I think you're town, for the moment, but I don't think SaberTooth is going to post for a bit(he's offline). Why don't you want to claim right now anyway? Would it be bad for town in any way?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2015, 10:37:12 pm »

No, I just think there're people who should claim first.

What does "replaced" mean? Converted?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2015, 10:40:21 pm »

Why is that?

Converted, yes. Replaced = converted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2015, 10:47:36 pm »

And what made me target flabort, both nights? I'm going to rephrase that to "why did you target flabort both nights", and answer- because I failed N1, and because flabort is the person I would least like to be the Clone Lord- his experience- you get the idea.

Whoops. Why would the Clone Lord get replaced when they're the one doing the replacing? I call fakeclaim.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2015, 10:56:05 pm »

I call idiocy of self(my self). I think my brain melted a bit there. Of course the trap wouldn't help if he was already the Clone Lord.
Of course, he's the person I would least like to be converted also. Let me rephrase-
Flabort is the person I would least want to be cult, converted or otherwise.

And I think you're ignoring part of my post.

No, I just think there're people who should claim first.
Why is that?
Why, good sir, are you holding back on your claim? Whatever reason do you think delaying your claim helps town?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:42 pm »

I am ignoring part of your post. How will my claim help town? OSG has been lurking and Saber has been a major suspect for the entire game so they should claim first. I think I've earned the right to defer with my play so far. You're also my biggest suspect; if the rest of the town want me to, I'll claim.

Still, I like your fight in not giving up immediately. Play to win and all that...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:38 pm »

Regardless of my role in any mafia game, that's what I'll always try to do. Good sportsmanship and all that.

Lurker OSG and suspect Saber should claim first? Really, for what reason(of course, it would be good if they claimed... but still...)?

Also, if you claim last, that means you likely won't claim at all in our discussion here. That seems suspicious to me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2015, 09:36:59 am »

It's a type of mass-claiming. Pass-the-parcel-esque thing, I can't quite remember what it's called. The most scummy person (judged by the town at large) generally starts, then they nominate someone. It's usually better in open games so we know what roles there are and it's much more difficult to fakeclaim, though in a game like this it probably doesn't necessarily matter the order.

Even so, still not claiming 'cause you're asking :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2015, 11:21:47 am »

Okay, my ability is: Using my scanners on target player to see past any disguise they may be using, discovering their original alignment. Unfortunately, this won't be much use in rooting out clones.

I can say that Megggas and hector13 are Not the clone lord. But that's all.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38