Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51573 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:19 am »

Spoiler: ramble rambo (click to show/hide)
oops, I have a dentist appointment. From what I have so far, I think Megggas and Flabort are town. (at least for day 1) FallacyofUrist and Hector are Neutral and the scummiest person for me would by TheDarkStar. I'll save a vote for when I finish this.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops.
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2015, 12:44:54 pm »

Please FoU
Examine the top of the previous page, sil vous plait.
~~~
Would you mind summarising your cases against both parties? For the lazy among us.
I am unfortunately just as lazy.

In a single sentence, however...

fillipk hardly scum hunted D1 and when he finally started to do so, it was rather reactionary.

SaberToothTiger was rather paranoid about being lynched D1 and tried to get attention away from himself.
Okay, here's a question for you, SaberToothTiger: why wasn't fillipk suspicious enough for you to risk his lynch? One advantage the town has over the cult is numbers. We can take a lot more hits than cult can(at least for now). If he died, and was town, we could still survive this.
And I still want him to answer this question.
~~~
Now then. There are two people I want to post.
You can probably guess who.
~~~
It has struck me that we're potentially in a MYLO situation.
We presently have 7 players alive, with probably 2 cult. Mis-lynching town puts us to 6, and then the cult (assuming they succeeded in a conversion N1 and N2) will have 3... controlling half the vote, and likely winning, especially if whoever killed TDS decides to kill another townie (intentionally or otherwise)
Oh shoot.
Whoever killed TDS: you have potentially ruined us.
~~~
I'll second that Extend.
~~~
FoU: I feel like there's some confirmation bias going on with him; should probably be murdered just for spoiling Force Awakens, but that's got nothing to do with the game...
Confirmation bias- now that I think about it, I think so. Some good counterarguments might help correct that.
... I spoiled Force Awakens inside a spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

I think Saber is probably n00b town. He's playing in a manner similar to how I played in my first game (so far the only game I was lynched D1) so... maybe it's just some kind of personal identification thing going on, but I don't think he's the CL. He hasn't really done anything pro-town though, so there's no evidence for that, and your reticence to view him in a town light is understandable.

I'm fine with fillipk being scumread :P he's either CL or a poorly playing PR.

I'm inclined to say the same thing about flabort. What do you think of his roleclaim/softclaiming?

And I know about the movie stuff... I had already seen it, and I wasn't particularly bothered by the spoilered bit anyway :P just being melodramatic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2015, 10:57:57 pm »

If we don't get some more activity here...
gragh.

Okay, here's a reads list:

Definitely Town(FallacyofUrist)

Likely Town(hector13)

Null Read/Middle Read(flabort, Megggas)

Cult, I Say(fillipk, SaberToothTiger)

Insufficient Data(origamiscienceguy)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:42 pm »

Oh aye, cult have won if this keeps up.

Cult have probably won anyway, what with the whole 14hrs 'til deadline and a whole lotta nuttin' in regards to D2 content.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

With that, I let a silent tear drip forth from one of my eyes-
Oh wow I'm getting slightly teary IRL as well.
~~~
We need to get an extension up.
~~~
If it comes down to it, we could always use our votes to create a tie and thus a no lynch...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:52 pm »

gragh.

Likely Town(hector13)

I could do with some reasons why you read these people these ways?
Simply saying you feel X is Y is not enough. You need to prove it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2015, 12:02:21 am »

~~~
~~~
If it comes down to it, we could always use our votes to create a tie and thus a no lynch...

Could just vote for a no lynch, it would be safer :P

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2015, 12:22:02 am »

~~~
~~~

Could just vote for a no lynch, it would be safer :P
That's an idea.

Hey, how many of you think a no lynch is safe? Another night for cult to convert a town, for the unknown killer to hit god knows who, and we don't know of any beneficial town PRs who'd get more advantage than the cult gets. Are you willing to bet that the killer is a vig, and that we have enough PRs to make a no lynch safe?

Sorry, a no lynch could work, but unless there's some more support for the idea, I disagree.
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2015, 12:24:59 am »

Okay then. Based on D2 content, who are you voting for?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2015, 12:42:12 am »

I'm leaving my vote where I put it when the day began, because my demands/requests have still gone unsatisfied.
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2015, 01:08:49 am »

I'm leaving my vote where I put it when the day began, because my demands/requests have still gone unsatisfied.
Exactly. Nothing has happened, so we don't know who would be best to vote for. As far as I see it, we've lost the game either way. Even if we haven't, D2 has been most useless for content.

However, why haven't you pressured others if your initial pressure vote was unsuccessful?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2015, 08:12:44 am »

Deus, just a reminder, I am still voting filipk, just so you know.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2015, 11:52:33 am »

Exactly. Nothing has happened, so we don't know who would be best to vote for. As far as I see it, we've lost the game either way. Even if we haven't, D2 has been most useless for content.

However, why haven't you pressured others if your initial pressure vote was unsuccessful?
Someone hasn't been paying attention.  I pressured at least two other suspects; but my original vote is still my primary suspect.
The Cyan Menace

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »

gragh.

Likely Town(hector13)

I could do with some reasons why you read these people these ways?
Simply saying you feel X is Y is not enough. You need to prove it.

Certainly. Well, prove why I believe it, anyway.

... do I need to explain why I know I'm definitely town?

hector13 is doing a nice bit of scum hunting, and, dare I say, doing it better than me(from what I'm seeing, he's broadening his scope beyond two players). Plus he's got some nice common sense-
I have great distaste for this role-claiming nonsense. You have a fairly significant target on your back now, and there are, of course, two ways the night phase can go down regarding you:

1. You are converted. Thus when you reveal your "result", it won't help town due to your new win-con, whether you get a hit or not.

2. You are not converted. Wonderful WIFOM, because you have revealed you have an investigation-role, we know you're a prime target for conversion, so we can't trust your result because we have no idea if you were converted or not until your flip.

I don't like either option. You're not helping town either way, man.

PPE: Unacceptable answer fillipk. If you can't find evidence you have to look for it. I refuse to believe you have a gut-feeling that arose from nowhere. It's there because of something FoU has done during the game; you have to find it, or move on. I won't lynch anyone based on you feeling gassy.

you and Megggas... well, to be honest, I haven't been paying as much attention to both of you, but from what I'm seeing, there's some passiveness and some attacking going on... perhaps I could switch my focus for a bit to get more accurate.

As to why I think fillipk and SaberToothTiger are cult- I made two gigantic posts on that subject.

origamiscienceguy joined the game only today and- STAR WARS- and as such I don't really have much on him.
~~~

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38