Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51616 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2015, 01:04:58 pm »

flabort
Is it OK that I'd rather not say? OK, OK, I'll spill; it would cause more harm than good at this point to keep it hidden. Hector13 got pretty close to the mark there with his accusations of trying to LOOK active but not being very contribution; mostly my mistakes were questions that didn't help at all and answers that barely made any coherent sense.
How would it have caused more "harm than good" to keep these mistakes hidden?
Typically it's in scum's favor to keep things hidden. If I kept anything from the town, it would be easy to mistake my motives for those of the cult.
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by announcing your vote isn't going to stay on Saber, other than make Saber point out the scummy things that Fillipk has done, which isn't all that helpful to us in figuring out Saber's alignment because it gives him a pretty easy out.

Perhaps you were converted during N1? I'm looking forward to your analysis on fillipk.
I'd be more interested in his analysis of all the players.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2015, 01:09:24 pm »

I looked at CW as he was confirmed town, and he voted for fillipk and Saber.

I looked at Saber because I was less interested in him D1 than I was with fillipk, so felt I'd be better looking at his posts. I need more from Saber to get a better read on him. If he doesn't provide, I'll keep my vote where it is.

Mostly I'm interested in his temperamental reasons for voting and unvoting fillipk, and his actions after that - specifically pressuring anyone else... or not, as is the case. He suspected fillipk and TDS were cult, didn't vote for either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2015, 01:26:30 pm »

Typically it's in scum's favor to keep things hidden. If I kept anything from the town, it would be easy to mistake my motives for those of the cult. 
Then why did you decide to mention these mistakes only after I questioned you regarding your meta?  In your post here, you said that "I have made some mistakes that I sorely regret, and am having trouble rectifying them before anyone sees them".  It sounds like you wanted to keep those mistakes hidden until I asked about them.

I looked at CW as he was confirmed town, and he voted for fillipk and Saber.

I looked at Saber because I was less interested in him D1 than I was with fillipk, so felt I'd be better looking at his posts. I need more from Saber to get a better read on him. If he doesn't provide, I'll keep my vote where it is.

Mostly I'm interested in his temperamental reasons for voting and unvoting fillipk, and his actions after that - specifically pressuring anyone else... or not, as is the case. He suspected fillipk and TDS were cult, didn't vote for either.
Why is it relevant who CW voted for?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2015, 01:38:50 pm »

Because he's confirmed town..? I know he's not going to vote for town if he can help it, and (as I mentioned previously) I also suspect both players.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »

(pfp)

Origamiscienceguy:  When did you find out that you were replacing tntey?  During night 1 or at the beginning of Day 2?
Right at the end of night 1. About 3 hours before night ended.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »

Why did you want to know that Megas?

Better question: how does it help us find scum?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »

Because he's confirmed town..? I know he's not going to vote for town if he can help it, and (as I mentioned previously) I also suspect both players.
Sure, but he didn't know anything beyond what we knew (other than his own role).  He wasn't even confident about either of his votes.  Since he died before he could investigate anyone, his opinions are as fallible as any other townie. 

Why did you want to know that Megas?

Better question: how does it help us find scum?
Night 1 ended early, which would only happen if the cult leader and all power roles submitted their actions.  I was curious about whether there was a chance of OSG being the cult leader.  Like you said earlier, he could just lie to clear himself.  However, OSG was still visiting this thread and making short comments despite his mind being on other things.  Thus, I thought there was a higher chance he wouldn't think about the implications and answer the question honestly.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2015, 04:57:40 pm »

EBWOP:
"submitted their actions early enough"

Also, forgot to include (pfp)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2015, 05:35:09 pm »

OSG has as much chance of being the CL as everyone else. I don't think you failed to consider that there are pro-town roles that have night actions, especially when you were the one that pointed out filipk's comments could reveal them. Not pleased about this one, Megas.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »

Well either way, it is a form of scum hunting. Which I enjoy to see in players.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2015, 06:35:14 pm »

How is it scum hunting? It's akin to asking "do you have a power role?" which fillipk is still being scumread for!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »

How is it scum hunting? It's akin to asking "do you have a power role?" which fillipk is still being scumread for!
It was clunky, but at least it was an attempt. I need to start some scum hunting myself. I am not aware of any issue with Fillipk, but I'm sure I'll see it once I finish reading.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2015, 07:49:40 pm »

Then why did you decide to mention these mistakes only after I questioned you regarding your meta?  In your post here, you said that "I have made some mistakes that I sorely regret, and am having trouble rectifying them before anyone sees them".  It sounds like you wanted to keep those mistakes hidden until I asked about them.
Well, it's true. I want to keep them hidden, but they're already out there, just waiting to be seen. And I am trying to rectify them as quickly as possible by doing as much scum hunting as possible and answering questions as honestly as possible. But the fact remains that I made mistakes and anyone capable of performing a read of the thread can see them.

So why didn't I mention them earlier? I had thought you capable of reading what was there in front of you, but it seems you're just being fed information from your cult leader.

And another question, if you don't mind. Didn't it bother you, in the post in the spoiler,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that I didn't ask a question back to you? And secondly, didn't you notice that I had said "at this point"? There is always a time for townies to hide something. ESPECIALLY power role townies, but not always. See also: Second spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like I said, it would cause more harm than good to keep that hidden then, so I revealed it at that time. A time for everything to be revealed, and because I was just watching Doctor Who and am feeling especially clever, a time to keep things hidden (Especially powers, of course). But I will reveal this next: I think I just found who I'll target with my power next, Megggas.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »

I have to say I'm kinda with flabort on this... Megas is rather suspicious to me just now, mostly for the question to OSG, but I'm not sure what it means.

I'm inclined to say if Megas is scum, he's a convert rather than the CL, but that's a gut-feeling more than anything else... we shall see, though.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2015, 06:08:36 am »

It's the best I can do and frankly, I was surprised by TDS getting NK'd, so I am a bit shocked.

I think we all were. Do you think the cult have an NK?

It could have the choice between converting or NK'ing. Maybe cult could have night killed someone to confuse people?

SaberToothTiger You say lynching someone for not lynching someone is lousy as hell. But the vote and lynch is the town's most powerful weapon: to not use it to it's full potential is scummy. As far as questions today goes, could you please pose some questions to someone or arguments towards lynching someone/anyone? I haven't seen any serious scum-hunting from you and I'd like you to try.

Am I supposed to lynch a random dude for your entertainment? Don't bother with the "pressure" vote, there are like three other dudorinos all doing the same.

Okay, did a quick read through of CW and SaberTooth's posts.

CW only seems to have voted for fillipk and SaberTooth, so I looked into Saber a bit more...

Saber hasn't done much. I mean, I don't think there's even one scum-hunting question that he asked that wasn't throwing another player's question back in their face. Also, the cheeky little unvote toward the end of the day doesn't sit well with me, particularly when, right at the end of the day, fillipk piques his interest again. Then at the start of D2, he's all "this is proof filipk is scum! ... but I don't think he's scum enough to vote for him" which I also find bothersome.

Do you mind that I have suspicions at the end of the day? I reacted to fillipk lashing out, which did, in fact, piqued my interest in him. If he would post, then I would be able to investigate him further.

@Saber: I don't think your scum, newbie town maybe but not scum.  You are laser focused on me which I can see but honestly it's a bit misguided.  Sorry all, I'll have a bigger post later don't want to active lurk here.
How about you post? Maybe we're gonna sit here for a while, see what happens? Until you do post, though, fillipk.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38