Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51621 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: A Game of Clones, Day 1.
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:09 am »

Everyone is clearly exhausted, and with the sun soon passing behind the Earth it seems like an excellent opportunity to get some sleep. The time has come to make a decision.

Votecount:
fillipk (2): FallacyofUrist, SaberToothTiger, Megggas
SaberTooth Tiger (2): Chromatic Wasp, flabort
Chromatic Wasp (1): fillipk
flabort (1): hector13

Extend (5): hector13, flabort, Megggas, fillipk, SaberToothTiger
All extends have been used for today.

Day ends Thursday the 17th at 1800 GMT, in ~6 hours
If tntey hasn't posted by the end of the day, roo will take his place.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:48:23 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2015, 07:13:11 am »

Note: I unvoted in my last post.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2015, 08:48:38 am »

Noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2015, 08:50:20 am »

Megas is also voting for Chromatic Wasp, rather than fillipk.

So... I think that means we have a tie between CW and SaberTooth. N00bs :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:34 am »

Looks like it.
Now, I need to read over this thread and gather info on Wasp and SaberToothTiger, to see if the cause against them is worth joining.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2015, 09:42:49 am »

Unvote.

Well... I guess I'll answer flabort's question that, yes, in fact it was a pressure vote. I was concerned about the things I brought up, though not really to the point I could be comfortable saying you're scum. Obviously you being a little too experienced to go "gosh, you caught me, I'm the Clone Lord." didn't play in my favour :P

So... the three most scummy players for me, from least to most, are SaberTooth, fillipk and Chromatic Wasp. Too many suspects :'(

The reason I vote for CW is he looks like he's active lurking and jumping on bandwagons.

Bandwagoning

- Votes for fillipk after Megas and I voted for him, though uses different - and contradictory - reasoning to do so. After being pressured on this by me (bottom section of the post) he backs off, as though he doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself.

- Less of a bandwagoning thing now (Saber had one vote and an FoS at this point) but it's to do with his vote and the reasoning behind it, so in this section it goes. Votes for SaberTooth, though also suggests that he's only doing that because I asked him about who he would vote for. Does not seem to think SaberTooth is scum ("But that's very much if I had to pick a suspect" at the end of the paragraph) so it just seems like an odd vote to me. Why vote for someone if you don't really want to?

Also, the last thing he says in that post is that he'll come up with some questions for his next post, which have yet to materialise. A nice segue into:

Active Lurking:

- Here, here and here.

- Claims to have missed my questions for him despite them being in a section marked for him.

This post had a point about choosing a town leader (something I also think to be scummy) which results in another smooth segue into:

Miscellaneous Scumminess

- Pushes the town leader thing further, even though we all know that anyone who is confirmed town probably won't be for long (ignoring any roleblockers that we don't know we have)

That shall be it, for the moment. Too early in the morning for this nonsense :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2015, 09:44:17 am »

I guess I'll start with him, then.
I'v got some more focused reading to do.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2015, 09:58:02 am »

Hm. Let the Inquisition begin!

Chromatic Wasp:
1. One of the claims against you is that you are a rather passive player and are jumping on bandwagons. Do you intend to do some independent(more so, anyway) scum hunting on the players that haven't been much in the spotlight?
2. hector13 just dropped a bomb on you with his most recent post.
(Um... hector? You do realize that the last two links in the active lurking section lead to the same message, and both those two messages are fairly close together? It's not really a trend...)
2 continued. In any case, although the active lurking doesn't look real to me, I would agree with hector that you are acting as a rather passive player(really, now you're only defending yourself), and you seem to be rather weak in your voting.
3. You, good sir, are rather scummy.
4. Any counters, good sir?

Oh, and 5. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now, Chromatic Wasp, is because I don't think fillipk has answered my attacks against him yet(correct me if I'm wrong, in which case I'll move on).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:00 am »

Well that as confusing. As I say, too early in the morning.

The third "here" in the active lurking part is two posts below the linked but, seeing as I can't be bothered changing it.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2015, 10:46:52 am »

Hm. Let the Inquisition begin!

Chromatic Wasp:
1. One of the claims against you is that you are a rather passive player and are jumping on bandwagons. Do you intend to do some independent(more so, anyway) scum hunting on the players that haven't been much in the spotlight?
2. hector13 just dropped a bomb on you with his most recent post.
(Um... hector? You do realize that the last two links in the active lurking section lead to the same message, and both those two messages are fairly close together? It's not really a trend...)
2 continued. In any case, although the active lurking doesn't look real to me, I would agree with hector that you are acting as a rather passive player(really, now you're only defending yourself), and you seem to be rather weak in your voting.
3. You, good sir, are rather scummy.
4. Any counters, good sir?

Oh, and 5. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now, Chromatic Wasp, is because I don't think fillipk has answered my attacks against him yet(correct me if I'm wrong, in which case I'll move on).
Im sorry, I must have missed them, can you remind me of your attacks please.

Hm. It seems I am fucking up spectacularly.

*snip*

Frankly, I think that you and DarkStar are cult.

He is lurking heavily and you have already shown that you know a lil' too much about the game mechanics to be trustworthy for now. tntey hasn't posted much at all either, so he is suspicious too. All in all, I'll be keeping my vote on you for now.

Ninja'ed.
I don't know anything about the game mechanics and apparently my theory was wrong.  Sabertooth, why did you think I knew stuff about the game mechanics, did I get the clone lord's powers right?  Are you the clone lord?
Lel @ that last one. As of now, your replies to my accussations, summed up, were pretty much just lashing out going "No, you!". While I don't actually really think you're cult that much, you are acting very suspiciously. I am quite sure you are just trying to *not* get lynched, but as of now you haven't given me much reason to trust you. I said that you know too much about the game mechanics and by that I meant that you seem to take your theories far too seriously and made very wild assumptions. I think I'm going to Unvote you because you don't really seem that scummy to me. Nevertheless, I will keep an eye on you.
Did you even read anything I said, I said I don't know anything a bout the game mechanics and my theories are wrong.  If I had a bigger post with that i would understand but I don't, that was it.  If you are going to ignore the content of my post please don't get on me for doing a similar thing.  That being said you are new and I probably won't get a super accurate read, right now I read a mild-medium scum that keeps trying for a lynch on me.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:28 am »

Dear lord, you're panicking. In my previous post I said that you didn't really look that much like scum to me, but holy shit did you start lashing out. Wild accusations don't help your case, brah. I already said that I don't care that much on you anymore, but now I think I'm curious again. I unvoted you, but I don't think you even read my post to that point. Why are you so scared?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
A Game of Clones: In Space... Line?
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2015, 01:52:32 pm »

A final verdict has been reached and even if it's not quite a majority decision, no one is willing to put their life on the line to save someone else's at the moment. Megggas and fillipk grab the man in the multicoloured bug mask, forcing him towards the airlock. He pulls out a syringe full of some unknown drug, but it's knocked out of his hands by hector13 before he can attack anyone with it. The airlock slams shut, drowning out his screams. The trio hesitate for a moment, but they know that the Clone Lord cannot be allowed to take control of the Olympus and its ludicrously unnecessary satellite mounted laser cannon. The airlock opens into space and Chromatic Wasp vanishes, thankfully before anyone can see what a zero-pressure environment does to a human body. One of the few still-functioning computers identifies the liquid in the syringe as the Hyde serum, which no knew how to produce besides Doctor Jekyll. It seems you've made a terrible mistake.

Votecount:
fillipk (1): FallacyofUrist
SaberTooth Tiger (2): Chromatic Wasp, flabort
Chromatic Wasp (3): fillipk, Megggas, hector13

Chromatic Wasp has been lynched! He was Dr. Jekyll!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night 1 has begun. It ends 1800 GMT on Monday the 21st, or when all night actions have been processed. Send in your night actions now!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:34 pm »

You all gather in the meeting area early the next morning- or at least, after a few hours of sleep. No one seems particularly different, but it's difficult to tell whether that's just because the Clone Lord is actually very good at making clones. You prepare to settle in for another day of argument and shouting before the calm is destroyed by an earth-shattering kaboom and you realise that TheDarkStar is still missing. When you reach his room, you find nothing besides burning wreckage and an extremely charred corpse. A brief foray into dental records reveals that it is indeed TheDarkStar, one of the Guardian's more recent recruits. He hadn't been granted any powers yet, and now it seemed he never would be.

TheDarkStar has blown up! He was vanilla town!

tntey has been replaced by origamiscienceguy.

Day 2 has begun. It ends Tuesday 22nd at 1800, whereupon the game may or may not be suspended for Christmas depending on player opinion.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2015, 01:50:34 pm »

Hey everybody, I've replaced Tntey.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »

Hi, what is your opinion on day 1?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38