Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51405 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: A Game of Clones [9/9] Starting soon.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 10:45:08 pm »

I might as well confirm, but I won't be able to put any effort into this until Saturday.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 01:33:10 am »

Excellent. Game should start Monday since I need to retrieve some notes. If I haven't heard from Wasp by then, roo will be in the opening lien-up in his stead.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 08:21:37 am »

Sorry for the hold-up. I'm here and ready for Monday. Can't wait!
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 09:24:10 am »

PTW because I finally have free time! ...In a week or so! Probably!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 04:58:46 pm »

Awesome!  Looks like this game will be quite a bit more active than the last one. :)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:15 pm »

Excellent. Game should start Monday since I need to retrieve some notes. If I haven't heard from Wasp by then, roo will be in the opening lien-up in his stead.
Sounds good to me.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: A Game of Clones, Day 1.
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 04:16:20 pm »

"This is Roxxy Roads, reporting from outside the New York offices of the self-proclaimed Guardians of Earth, where we are five hours into the sudden and unexpected shutdown of their private space station base. So far we have had no correspondence from the Guardians themselves, but unconfirmed third parties have told this reported that someone operating under the name of the Clone Lord is responsible. For now, all we can hope is that the Guardians are able to regain control before matters become more serious. Back to you, Hector.

On board the base, nine figures have gathered in the meeting area. Will they be able to discover the Clone Lord before his nefarious plans come to fruition? Find out next time!

Day 1 has started!

Votecount:
-tntey:
-TheDarkStar:
-fillipk:
-Chromatic Wasp:
-SabreTooth Tiger:
-Megggas:
-FallacyofUrist:
-hector13:
-flabort:

-Not Voting: Everyone

Day ends at 1800 GMT Wednesday 16th of December.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

Oh, cool.  The game started early.

tntey:  How's life going?  Why did you never show up for the communism mafia game?

TheDarkStar:  How often will you be posting during this game?  Once a rl day or more often?

Chromatic Wasp:  How much forum mafia experience do you have?

hector13:  Why do you suppose the flavor text mentioned your name in particular?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 04:55:51 pm »

Sorry I didn't show up. Other things were going on.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »

Might as well get everyone talking.

SaberToothTiger:  You said you were a newbie to mafia.  This is your first game, right?  Why did you decide to play?

fillipk:  Since this game has a cult instead of a mafia, do you think we'll have to scum hunt differently or roughly the same?

FallacyofUrist:  When was the last time you played a game of mafia?  Are you rusty?

flabort:  Do you think that there are any third party factions in this game?

PPE:
@tntey:  What other things (If you don't mind me asking)?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 05:20:26 pm »

Time to find the Clone Lord.

tntey: Why are you scum?
TheDarkStar: Hi.
fillipk: Why are tntey's ally?
Chromatic Wasp: Does this vote bother you?
SabreTooth Tiger: If you had a one-shot investigate, would you use it night 1?
Megggas: When would you vote to NL in this game?
FOU: If you had a one-shot daykill, who would you shoot right now?
hector13: How many cult do you think there are?
flabort: How would you approach scumhunting in a cult game?

TheDarkStar:  How often will you be posting during this game?  Once a rl day or more often?

More often than last game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »

Megggas: When would you vote to NL in this game?

Since we're dealing with a cult, I can't think of any obvious situations that would justify a NL.  Unless power roles or a third party get involved, I think it would be best to lynch every day.

TheDarkStar:
tntey: Why are you scum?
fillipk: Why are tntey's ally?
hector13: How many cult do you think there are?
What makes you think that there's a possibility that the game started with more than 1 cult?  Don't cult games usually start the cult off with just the leader at the beginning?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

Excellent. Game should start Monday since I need to retrieve some notes.

Well. What a pleasant surprise.
~~~
Okay, questions...

FallacyofUrist:  When was the last time you played a game of mafia?  Are you rusty?
Rusty? Oh yes, definitely. It's been at least several months since I've finished a game of mafia(and I've only finished one). So yes, I'm rusty.
At least I know better than to say "I am town" in every post.

~~~
If I had a choice, I wouldn't shoot anybody right now. Well, I would shoot somebody if I could read minds through text, but since I'm not psychic, it would be much better for me to wait on who to shoot.
If I didn't have a choice, I'd start by attempting to shoot Deus Asmoth, just in case he has some horrid twist involving him being a player planned, and if that failed... I'd go a tad bit crazy and use Random.org to decide for me, because the lack of intel makes trying to determine who the Clone Lord actually is basically impossible.
~~~

tntey: What's with your username? And more seriously, will you ask some questions, good sir?
Meggas: if you had to design a power role to completely balance the cult in this game, what would it be?
TheDarkStar: timey-wimey stuff!?
flabort: Would your choice for conversion night one be TheDarkStar, him being one of the two most experienced players in this game(the other being you)?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:56 pm »

Meggas: if you had to design a power role to completely balance the cult in this game, what would it be?
A single power role in this game?  I don't know any of the power roles in this game, so there's really no way I can answer that question from a game balance perspective.  This game could already be perfectly balanced for all I know.

But, if you are just talking about cult games in general, I suppose I would design the following role:

One-Shot Cult Surveyer
-At any point during the Day time, you can pm the mod the names of up to 3 players.  The mod will pm you back a number.  This number indicates how many of those players are cult-aligned.  You can use this ability once per game.

Before this game started, I had a strategy for if I started as the cult leader, which would involve fake claiming this imaginary role.  I would have done the following:
1.  At the beginning of Day 1, I would pick 3 players to interrogate heavily.
2.  I would then try to get the most suspicious of those three lynched.
3.  If people were suspicious of my behavior or weren't willing to go along with lynching that suspicious person, I would fake claim One-Shot Cult Surveyer, identify these 3 players as the ones I surveyed, and tell everyone that 1 of them is a cult member.
4.  Hopefully with the boost from my fake role claim, I would get that person lynched (who would obviously be revealed as town)
5.  During Night 1, I would recruit whichever player seems most likely to be a power role.
6.  During Day 2, I would heavily interrogate the two remaining "surveyed" people and lead a lynch on one of them, killing another townie.
7.  During Night 2, I would recruit another potential power role or whichever player is most likely to turn against me.
8.  During Day 3, I would lead a lynch against the remaining "surveyed" person.  I would tell one of my cult allies to suspiciously defend this person, seemingly out of nowhere.  Hopefully, people will recognize my ally as a cult member trying to protect his leader.  Then they'll lynch the final "surveyed" person, assuring my victory.

Of course, this plan would have failed horribly if any power roles like Detective, Trackers, or Watchers decided to target me.  For this plan to work, I also wouldn't be able to recruit the 3 people I targeted, so if one of them had a threatening power role, that would spell my doom.  It would have been fun if it succeeded though.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2015, 07:15:00 pm »

TheDarkStar:
SabreTooth Tiger: If you had a one-shot investigate, would you use it night 1?
Why are you asking these questions?  How are the answers useful to the town?  These questions sound like subtle role-fishing.

FallacyOfUrist:
TheDarkStar: timey-wimey stuff!?
lol, what?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38