Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51381 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 4; Three Men Enter
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2016, 07:09:59 pm »

I know you voted for FoU. That is one of the reasons I am believing there is a chance you weren't converted. There is also another minuscule chance that flabort is a convert (since I only know he started as a serial killer, not if he is a clone or not) He may have been lying about the one shot immunity or FoU just attacked him twice.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:37 pm »

:'(

Well... I'll put some thought into it. We're all in another game, not as though we'll just be twiddling our thumbs while I decide which one of you is more trustworthy (or less scummy :P)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:41 pm »

*flips a coin*

I jest.

It's a wonderful WIFOM situation.

I s'pose the fact that flabort had been voting Saber every day, and didn't NK them until just now is indicative of something. Perhaps also the hat-trick of VTs, too...

MY gut is telling me to go for flabort, so I'll do that and shorten.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »

I Shoten as well.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 05, 2016, 10:37:50 pm »

Dammit, hector. Wrong choice. Shorten, I guess.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 06, 2016, 12:46:41 pm »

origamiscienceguy and flabort both leap at each other, origami knocking the pistol out of flabort's hands as they fight. Wrestling on the ground, they both shout at hector to aid them. Eventually, flabort gains the upper hand, knocking OSG to the ground and gabbing a computer monitor to drop on his head. A shot rings out. flabort looks down in surprise at the circle of blood blooming from his chest, the falls.
"Who are you?" asks hector, lowering the gun.
flabort coughs for a bit. "Me? I'm just a bounty hunter that you all decided wasn't to your liking and locked up here. I just wanted to go home..."

hector and OSG stand for a moment in silence over the dead body. It's over.
"I don't suppose the Master got to you before he died?" origami asks. Hector's eyes widen as he raises the gun again. It clicks, empty.
"I guess not," origami shrugs. "Oh well, you've got to sleep sometime, I guess."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"This is Roxxy Roads, reporting from outside the New York offices of the Guardians of Earth, where for the first time in months we have received word from their satellite base. Just now, a man claiming to be one of the Guardians opened a link to the Global News Network, claiming that the station had run out of fuel and was soon going to crash land on an unknown  part of the Earth. He was fighting another man who said that the first was in league with the Clone Lord and trying to breed distrust between the people and the Guardians. Which was telling the truth? Our online polls tell us- wait, what's that? Look, there! Can you zoom in on that? Oh god, I think it's heading right for us!"

flabort has been lynched! He was a serial killer!

The game has ended in a stalemate! Now no one gets anything!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 06, 2016, 12:51:31 pm »

I'll take a draw over a loss.

So... was that a gambit then, OSG? :P

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2016, 01:00:45 pm »

Deadchat

Cultchat

Roles:
Megggas: Vanilla town
hector13: Vanilla town
SaberToothTiger: Vanilla town
TheDarkStar: Vanilla town
Spoiler: Flabort: Serial killer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fillipk: Jailer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Night 3 actions (click to show/hide)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:28 pm »

Final thoughts:
- Considering the amount of dickery you guys were expecting on day 1, I could have gone a lot crazier with the roles.
- Probably should have had a bulletproof town or something to counter the serial killer. Could have ended up far stronger in another situation.
- Splitting powers between players seems to work pretty well, even if half of the cop did die on day 1.
- Probably more that don't immediately spring to mind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »

Well I enjoyed it. Learned a bit about following my gut, but not being blinded by it... still need to get a handle on the near-crippling indecision that comes from thinking I might be wrong, though.

If FoU had gone for the no-lynch on D2, I probably wouldn't have gone after him so hard heh.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:54 pm »

I didn't do as badly as I thought I would. Huh.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2016, 02:09:49 pm »

I realize my mistake day 1 and then I apologize to town for my lack of activity I got hit with sickness and homework which greatly reduced the time I had available to play Mafia.

To those reading don't do what I did day 1.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 06, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »

Yes Hector. That was a gambit to draw. Good game.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 06, 2016, 05:13:10 pm »

Well. That was interesting.
In other news, I was right about flabort being a serial killer.
~~~
Good game. What I learned:
LYLO is important. Very important.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:24 pm »

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids. :P
I think next time I get an SK role (people seem to think it's unfair for the town to put me on the scum team now) I'll try not killing and hiding for longer. ;)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38