Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread  (Read 13738 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2015, 11:57:16 am »

GM: You didn't build my houses or deduct the materials for them.
*re-opens MapTools*
What? Yes I did.
*checks turn post*
...Apparently AFTER I hit the status button. Weird.

Fixed it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2015, 06:10:29 pm »

Shoruke: My understanding of supply lines is that I can just bring along some laborers and 20 soldiers, and extend one, without worrying about carrying materials. Is this correct?
Will this "no carrying" work without soldiers, if I want a road directly next to a supply line?
Do settlements act similarly to supply lines, or do I need to bring the materials into the new square to get a supply line started?

Am I just getting the wrong idea about supply lines, and do they only work for established locations?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2015, 06:27:11 pm »

Conseguir will spend his time wrestling/entertaining/performing, and enjoy a wealthy lifestyle for the first 50 days of his time in Badjack. For the last tenday, he'll be carousing, as per the DMG.
Which should explain why he shows up to the adventure hammered; I can't make it to the next session. My flight back to school is from 5 CST to 7 CST, and it's still another hour, at least, from the airport to home. Conseguir won't talk, because he's got a bad hangover, and just beat things up and heal people.
Edit: Today I learned that Saturday is not Sunday.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:34:30 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2015, 06:03:56 pm »

Shoruke: My understanding of supply lines is that I can just bring along some laborers and 20 soldiers, and extend one, without worrying about carrying materials. Is this correct?
Will this "no carrying" work without soldiers, if I want a road directly next to a supply line?
Do settlements act similarly to supply lines, or do I need to bring the materials into the new square to get a supply line started?

Am I just getting the wrong idea about supply lines, and do they only work for established locations?

Currently, you need to have materials and labourers stationed in the exact tile to build stuff there; a long supply line would help by making it easier to move things that far (because the entire supply line is one movement point). One of the projects you'll unlock by claiming locations from enemy civs will allow you to do things like make use of stored resources or supply lines in adjacent tiles.

Supply lines work anywhere you can build/staff them, but why you would do that away from established locations is beyond me.

Today I learned that Saturday is not Sunday.
So... you'll be able to make it for the session tomorrow, then?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2015, 07:02:44 pm »

Today I learned that Saturday is not Sunday.
So... you'll be able to make it for the session tomorrow, then?
Aye.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:57 pm »

Well, bother. It would have been nice if I'd been PMed that this had started. Ah well...

I haven't missed too much, have I?

You went so long without posting I assumed you were no longer interested in the game. Would you like to reapply?

As for the D&D session today, I'd like to start at the early time (in 5.5 hours from now, instead of 7), but... since it's so close to the start time I don't know if everyone would be able to confirm in time, and I don't want to start without someone unnecessarily, or make everyone wait for one straggler. So...
If all of the adventurers can confirm that they're available to start at 5:30, we will, otherwise we'll start at 7.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2015, 04:08:04 pm »

I'm in.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2015, 05:25:10 pm »

Fool and Tyler have contacted me through other means, but I haven't heard back from Apocryphan yet.
Start time will be finalized in 35 minutes (5:00 local time).

Okay. To avoid "when are we starting aaargh" derpery, the game will start at the normal time, 7:00 PM CST.
(that's 2 hours from this edit. I'll start the server up about an hour before that)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:01:10 pm by Shoruke »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »

Server's up.
...Does anyone need my IP address, or do you all just pick Gods War off the list?

Anyway, game starts in 50 minutes.

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2015, 07:47:23 pm »

I hate to make excuses, but I have narcolepsy, I'm sorry I wasn't able to confirm for an early start. If I'm absent for any future moments, Shoruke is invited to phone me and cuss me out. I am logging in now, apologies for the stress.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2015, 07:59:08 pm »

I hate to make excuses, but I have narcolepsy, I'm sorry I wasn't able to confirm for an early start. If I'm absent for any future moments, Shoruke is invited to phone me and cuss me out. I am logging in now, apologies for the stress.
No apologies necessary for me, I rather enjoyed having time to actually eat food  :D

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2015, 11:49:11 pm »

I can't seem to log back into the server.

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »

The party is under attack from an internetomancer. I can't relog.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2015, 12:14:41 am »

I'm working on it.
Odds of success are...
well, I'm working on it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9