Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread  (Read 13743 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »

...I'll deal with the civ game stuff after the D&D campaign session.
Incidentally, I just put the server up. IP 174.2.71.79, port 51239.

Game actually starts in 1 hour, assuming everyone shows up. I'm not intending for this session to be particularly long.

EDIT: In case anyone tried to connect in the last 20 minutes and failed, I apologize, Windoge Firewall is being dumb. Think I got that sorted out though.
EDIT 2: Where's the Rogue? Werty? You out there?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:30:54 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:57 am »

Shoruke: What's with Urist's settlement costs? Are settlements built house-by-house instead of all at once?
May I take Urlance's turn if he doesn't show up, and govern his town until someone claims it?

Well, you can't build a house if you don't have the materials for it, right? He's got only a few of the materials there, so he can only get so much of the work done.
Urist's New Settlements:
Still Under Construction.
20 / 500 Materials
2 / 50 CP
Settlements cost more than that.

By gum, you're correct!

I thought the D&D game was kinda fun, except for the part where you all nearly died...
twice...
but hey, free low-CR sidekick, not to mention... the final loot.
Anyone need the chatlog? Especially Tyler or Werty?

Civ players, look forward to reading the report tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:09:38 am by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2015, 09:48:26 am »

the final loot.
The final loot is really cool and a powerful strategic resource. I want it.

I plan to leverage my careful efficiency and understanding of game mechanics to out-bid for it.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

My internet, being the shit it is, died. So that's why I DC'ed. I have it working now, but whatever. Chatlog would be nice, thanks.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2015, 07:07:12 pm »

We've got two weeks of downtime, right?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2015, 09:38:29 pm »

I thought it was adventure turns once per week and civ turns twice per week.

When does the town hosting the heroes need to have adventurer buildings built by? The Thursday before they leave on an EXP harvest?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »

I thought it was adventure turns once per week and civ turns twice per week.
Two game-time weeks.
Edit: Oh, I made a mistake! It's two months in between adventures.
Shoruke, do you have the DMG? It's got a section on downtime.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:02:13 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2015, 06:40:57 am »

I would appreciate the chatlog. How should I go about discussing my downtime? Otto, seeing the importance of longevity, is open for business making health potions at-cost for PCs willing to fund it. If the rules say 50gp to buy, I believe it's 25gp to make.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2015, 08:52:33 am »

If I were to have pop move back and forth between the road and my settlement, would it affect their jobs; specifically would soldiers still be counted for protecting the town, would laborers still labor, gatherers still gather, and crafters still craft?  because its rather hard to move materials for building projects based on load limits right now.  Alternatively, would stables, vehicle workshops, and harbors help even if there isn't a road?
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2015, 11:38:35 am »

If you pay reeeeally close attention to the numbers in the Civ game, you'll probably figure out that I'm using a certain amount of rule-fudging about the order in which things happen. If you're moving Gatherers into a town, they'll gather from the town instead of the wilderness. If you're moving Gatherers out of a town... they'll still gather from the town instead of the wilderness. Basically, whichever makes the players not screw themselves too royally.

Stables don't need roads. Horses are just baller like that.
Vehicles and Harbour upgrades are only usable while on a road, plus one space (so you can use a boat to go down the river and then offload along the shore, but then you won't have a Harbour to embark from to get back. You'll probably also have less stuff to carry, though).

As for the adventurers, you've got 55 days of downtime (2 months, minus half a day per overworld tile travelled).
Alchemical and Magical reagents are hard to come by for the Civilizations you're in (imagine Settlers coming to America and being like "might need to bring some frog's eggs in case I need to make Potions of Protection From Sonic later"), so the price on things like that are doubled. The only potions available for purchase are the ones in the Adventuring Gear section of the PHB: Acid, Antitoxins, Holy Water, Oil, basic Poison, and Potions of Healing, and they're all double price as well. The prices will go down to normal for towns that have relevant facilities built, like an Apothecary's shop.
That unfortunately means that the price of the components to copy spells is doubled, too.
However, you can spend your time to gather 3gp worth of ingredients per day. (which is 17 days gathering to copy one spell level)

I put the chatlog on my Google Drive. Please don't try to read it in Google Drive, because Google Drive is derp-tarded. You'll probably want to download the chatlog file as an HTML webpage, then File -> Open it in your browser. Unfortunately the pictures in the chatlog won't load in any situation, but it's still legible even without them.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4EdSDLU_ZETm9CV0dsZGVaM0U/view?usp=sharing
If that doesn't work for whatever reason, let me know and I'll figure something else out.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

I can get an apothecary built on the Thursday before the third adventure. I'll commit to building one by then -- barring negative events which make it impossible - if the party ends up in my town. So don't spend all your money on 2x cost potions now if it looks like you'll be going to the ruined village.

We can build houses with incoming materials! That's pretty useful! Edit - Possibly buy guys with new wealth, too, but GM civ didn't do that for some reason. Action updated. Edit2 - Because if I could buy guys with new wealth, I could buy guys with wealth that only exists if I buy them. Probably best not to allow that, yeah.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:00:34 pm by Nirur Torir »

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2015, 11:40:50 pm »

I can get an apothecary built on the Thursday before the third adventure. I'll commit to building one by then -- barring negative events which make it impossible - if the party ends up in my town. So don't spend all your money on 2x cost potions now if it looks like you'll be going to the ruined village.

Otto has 7 max HP, and was dealt 15 damage total. He should probably do his best to get at least a second potion for the party. What are the rules for researching a spell independently in this campaign? Standard, or penalized for not having the required building? Additionally, and perhaps best discussed in a PM, Otto's background for 'Hermit' describes a benefit that is left to the DM to name, and seeing as we're done the first game, I was wondering if we could get a proper description in soon. I have the aforementioned feature described below:

"FEATURE: DISCOVERY
The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you
access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact
nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your
seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos,
the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or
the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else
has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has
long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past
that could rewrite history. It might be information that
would be damaging to the people who or consigned you
to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.
Work with your DM to determine the details of your
discovery and its impact on the campaign."

I am tentatively listing some "downtime actions" Otto intends to accomplish. Since I don't think we've been given a formal setting introduction for the place during the downtime, I assume that there is nothing special or remarkable about the settlement we're in. Given you have said that spending 17 days to gather spell reagents yields the equivalent of 51gp (@3gp/day). I have done some calculations. I have assumed the reagent gathering is the fruits of 8 hours of work on that day, and so assume Otto has some extra time at the end of those days.

Day        Activity
1       |   Establish lodgings, reagent storage space, assess availability of relevant charts etc. After 4PM, Otto advertises himself as a minor healer, offers to help put children/insomniacs/screaming infants to sleep etc. Asks only for room & board as payment, does this after dinnertime daily. (I also only just got ahold of concrete stats for familiars and the Hawk to my disliking so...) What?! Hawk is Evolving(through a ritual in which I consume the appropriate, pre-purchased reagents)! ... Hawk evolved into... Bat!

2       |   Visit & study the magical-appearing desk in the tower we encountered. After a satisfactory analysis, return to village and finish unfinished work from previous day.

3-36   |   Hunting down & harvesting reagents for copying spells.

37      |   Copy spells from Wizard buddy: Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb. Take this day's idle time to assist party members.

38-53 |   Hunting down& harvesting reagents for crafting a healing potion.

54     |   Brew Potion, do more work with townsfolk, assist any other PCs.

55     |   Buffer Day.

Potentially relevant modifiers: Arcana & Investigation +5, Medicine(+2 healing kit) +4, Nature +3(+2 Herbalism Kit), Survival & Perception & Insight +2
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:18:13 am by Apocryphan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2015, 11:37:30 am »

More civ people should post actions.

I'm leaning fairly heavily on skipping out on building a road up to the dwarves, so I can get a mining settlement up next to my capital. The middle mountain range is just too far.
I could dispatch a work team up that way, if someone else wants to pay for the road materials and feed them.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »

Whoa, only two actions were posted?
Gonna make it super-easy for me to do up the turn, at least  :P

Looks like the adventurers are going to the Mountain Forest Ruin. Smokey the Bear would like to remind you not to bring too many incendiaries  ;)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »

GM: You didn't build my houses or deduct the materials for them.

Edit for GM question: I'm back to looking at the mountain range between myself and the halflings. I want to build a supply line just on a single mountain square, and build the settlement in the middle of the mountain range, next to it. I'd then have a hauler pipeline to bring building materials and food to the supply line square (until after the settlement is built and I can shift focus to the full road). Will this work? It's a little convoluted, but should be fine by the stated rules.

The Valor's Stand team found a watchtower, held by Orcs. The scouts aren't sure whether or not they were spotted. *new POI added*
WHELP.

You've put me in a really hard spot, placing orcs next to my favored expansion spots. I'm pretty torn between shifting production to deal with them myself, and just using the nuclear option.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:33:14 am by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9